News about the CD

yup, it bored me and sounded like typical classical movements of that nature. As for timing sigs they are something I dont notice, cant count and pay no attention. Rhythm is all feel to me and I have been quite accustomed to various flow changes, drives my drummer nuts he can count till hes blue in the face and it wont change how I play what I feel and mostly it amounts to what Snowman just said an extra note or rest here and there and I am a real basic skills player. So my point is time sigs mean nothing its the impact of what Im hearing and this piece did not impact me, but Song to John did. No big deal, simply a matter of taste and preference, as well as finding all styles of music predictable including my favorites. Maybe its less than being predictable as in blues or RnR but more that I find what is played next is fitting and expected.

I for one listen to:

- Classical (from Baroque to Contemporary)
- Metal (Heavy, Progressive, and some Extreme)
- Rock (Progressive, Alternative, etc.)
- Jazz and Fusion (and to a lesser extent Blues)
- IDM, and some Trance
- Ambient, Experimental, and Minimalistic stuff
- Soundtracks (movies and video games)

I appreciate everyone of those on its own accord/in a different way. There's a lot of great (or just plain cool) stuff out there.

Some people try to make a type/dimension of music that is unfamiliar to them fit into their limited musical taste, and when it doesn't, they bash it as inferior music. Try expanding your perception to fit/appreciate different forms of art instead. It can't hurt you.

Ok so music is all "feel" to you. But you're naturally programmed to "feel" only what's musically common to you. Why restrict yourself to the norm? It gets boring methinks. There is chaos in life, and yes it has beauty. Saying it's a "snooze fest" is like hearing a great poem written in French and thinking it doesn't make any sense, just noise. Obviously, the problem is not with the poem itself here.

way out of context Marwen, that piece is like waiting for a song to start, one long intro, I understand it is the painting of spring, I can follow it fine it simply does not speak to me, I believe I have heard it before, pieces have been used elswhere Im sure.
------------------------
My idea of ambiant is Fates II, Pink Floyd, some Trower, various parts heard in progressive, its enough for me, I have specifications. I've turned off more music trying to tune in recently than I've played, you should hear the ambiance of my mountain stream, the song birds and breeze in the Aspens.... specifications !

Chaos in life... no kidding, thats why I mostly listen to progressive. But NO there is no beauty in the chaos of life, the chaos of life is represented in a hard driven metal riff, not beauty but agro.

I listen to a broad amount of music types and different types of bands but I always come back to Symphony X as being the best. It's that ability where I can fall in like with V and all over again after not listening to it for a couple months even though I've been listening to the album for 4 years on and off. It's like there's always something new you discover every time you pop in a Symphony X cd.

Fates Warning kicks so much ass! Anyway, how did the new SX CD thread turn into everything but? I really wonder what is taking SX so long, it's been 3 years and we have hardly got any update. I wonder how much longer it will take! I am crossing my fingers for a double album but I doubt it will happen.

Back to the original thread; this album is so far past its original projected release "period" that I smell a surprise. A huge, mind-blowing, no one knew a damn thing about it, holy mother, wtf, omg, crap your pants surprise. And it's gonna be a howdy doody big 'un. I just feel it. Man, how sweet it will be if this thing drops right about the start of the NFL season. All this mystery is a huge turn-on.........

Back to the original thread; this album is so far past its original projected release "period" that I smell a surprise. A huge, mind-blowing, no one knew a damn thing about it, holy mother, wtf, omg, crap your pants surprise. And it's gonna be a howdy doody big 'un. I just feel it. Man, how sweet it will be if this thing drops right about the start of the NFL season. All this mystery is a huge turn-on.........
thanks man you just made waiting waaay more painful :)

thanks man

It's a she.

haha maybe. Surprisingly though, waiting for this one hasn't been a problem for me at all. Like someone already said, I just care there will be an album.

I do know how lame it is to have to respect certain delivery deadlines as far as music making is concerned. I think one of the main reasons for such delays is that MJR is a bit of a perfectionist and wants to take his time with the recording/production process, and I understand that.

I think one of the main reasons for such delays is that MJR is a bit of a perfectionist and wants to take his time with the recording/production process, and I understand that.

Yeah yeah.. probably.
Domination? Right before the solo? Perfection? lol

No but really that is probably what is taking so long. In an interview Russell Allen was saying that sometimes MJR will completely mix the guitar riffs because he wants to hear what they would really sound like on the album and that takes a long time to do.