News about the CD

I'd like to hear them try something like that.

I also wouldn't mind them trying some "futuristic" kind of theme, Church of them Machine kinda thing with a better sound, more space-related, along with some ancient mystical stuff (not necessarily aggressive/evil).

I'd actually prefer that they write something based in reality.
I want to feel some emotion, not only from the music, but from the lyrics too.
I'm kind of losing interest in the cheese factor (not that I dislike it completely).

Anyways, it doesn't have to be just one theme for the whole album.

I would really dig some songs that had that ancient aliens theme and sound resembling more the later songs in twilight of the olympus, specially orion the hunter.

And of course, I'm also considering the lyrics. It would be interesting.

And a SX song based on Cthulu or the mountains of madness that had a darker sound(darker,not heavier, like PL) like some songs from twilight in olympus had... C'mon, it would be awesome!

I'm glad you realise its a joke, I obviously only picked him as he was a great metal singer named Mike. Russell is the best vocalist in metal imo, they'd be crazy to get anybody else... It'd be funny if DT got Jason Rullo also, cos then all their names would begin with J! :lol: (Yes I know LaBrie's real name is Kevin but who cares)

March to June: "updates in a week hopefully", "we will have pix", but nothing.
June: Two sentences saying they are done with rhythm guitars and are doing melodies. And then "That's it for now; hopefully now that we've gotten the update process all ironed out, our news updates will be a lot more regular again. Thanks for your patience!"
Ever since then: Total Silence.

I would really like if the new album(or a future SX album) had that ancient aliens/Cthulu theme that Gamma Ray used on somewhere out in space and power plant.

It would fit perfectly with symphony x and I think it would be really interesting to see how it would turn out.

THIS.

Hey guys. First post here and it's sort of a doozy. I've been checking here for months for updates, and have been disappointed just like the rest of you in the lack of follow through. Something happened the other day that I wasn't planning on posting as I know I'll be met with mostly skepticism, but I can't take it anymore.

My friend, a giant Symphony X fan like myself, plays in an up-and-coming New Jersey rock band. We’ll call him Scott. Scott’s band had been recording their new album with someone who has had a working relationship with Symphony X, and keeps in touch frequently. Scott told me that this individual had recently visited Michael Romeo in the Dungeon and was able to listen to samples from the upcoming album. Scott relayed to me his impressions: that the new material is somehow even heavier than the material from Paradise Lost while also reintroducing some progressive elements that were featured more prominently on V. Put simply, it sounds fantastic. From what I heard, the album is very nearly finished, requiring only some guitar overdubs and bass. Also, and I know it's a little ridiculous to say this, but bear with me -- Michael Romeo apparently told his friend, who told my friend, who relayed to me that he expects the album to be out in time for Christmas. Take from this what you will; I wouldn’t blame anyone for being skeptical. I just figured I’d put this here that someone might experience the same excitement that I felt the other day at hearing the promising news.

keeperxiii said:
I would really like if the new album(or a future SX album) had that ancient aliens/Cthulu theme that Gamma Ray used on somewhere out in space and power plant.

It would fit perfectly with symphony x and I think it would be really interesting to see how it would turn out.

THIS.

I double that :wave:

if it's heavier, must be death-metal :D

While I like PL, Frankgate is right :cool:

Wait, it's heavier but it's also more progressive :/

...that could be anything :rofl:

But seriously, I like surprises 'n' all but isn't it about time we got an update?

At least Domino's now lets you check on your pizza status as it is made/delivered online. Count me in the group that thinks it is ridiculous how few updates we get from the band. Do they owe it to us? No. In the day of internet and youtube, you would think Symphony X is stuck in 1980...a little behind the times. If I were Nuclear Blast, I would not be happy with them...they are not helping themselves in the marketing.