News about the CD

I'd rather wait until the album comes out supporting the band no matter how much time they take.

Heavier than PL doesn't sound good I'm afraid.

On the other hand, V progressive = good progressive.

Just as I expected. :)

Thanks for the update. :lol:

sure, V progressive is a "good" progressive, though the TDWOT progressive is better :D

LOL! Prismatic Sphere. Also, it's good to hear that the album is goin' well. I'm fine waiting for this masterpiece. So... heavier than PL? Also, more progressive? Wow! This is going to be awesome!

SX don't need to update. I'm pretty sure all the members have real jobs and this band is just for when they have some spare time. They also have families. This band is probably the last thing on their mind. I'd say don't be surprised if it takes another five years for this album to come out.

SX don't need to update. I'm pretty sure all the members have real jobs and this band is just for when they have some spare time. They also have families. This band is probably the last thing on their mind. I'd say don't be surprised if it takes another five years for this album to come out.

No. Just .. no.

don't agree, we're in 21st century, the bands MUST give a feedback to their fans, it's easy, fast, it doesn't take so much time. There's no reason for 3 months of silence.

I don't think a band MUST to do shit except write and record music. My band is obviously much smaller than SymX, but if people started saying that we MUST update them, i'd tell those people we'll update them when we're good and goddamn ready and they'll be patient.

I think this expectation that bands owe fans something beyond music is silly and disturbing. They're people who do this for the enjoyment of creating and performing music, not because they enjoy running an online blog/website/forum/putting up with demands of people.

oooh, you're not forced to be a musician, you chose it and THEN you have responsibilities towards the fans. In fact I'm NOT obliged to buy the record.

^^ - While I sort of agree with you in a broad sense, the manner in which updates are promised and then never given reeks of neglect. On the March 18th update, it was said that photos from the sessions would be posted. In the June update, it was mentioned that updates should run more smoothly now that the kinks are ironed out. It is a week away from October and we have heard nothing. Not a peep.

Here is the deal: I owe my discovery of Symphony X to the internet. In fact, most prog bands that I love were found through browsing online. I buy my Symphony X albums online. I watch their live performances on Youtube. The internet, by most rights, is probably one the biggest keys to the bands success and their ability to reach a willing audience. That said, it baffles me that the vehicle that delivered the band to most of us is being completely neglected. And by neglected, I mean, "Sorry for the delay, but we will have some photos soon." Or, "It is tough getting these updates out because of all the hoops, but our update process will now run more smoothly."

I don't think a band should be obligated to do anything, but as a fan, things like "New website! New CD!" get me excited. I can't help it. Shame on me, I guess. But I think that getting mad at a fan for such excitement is wrong. I love this band and am totally excited about the new CD, but I am equal parts disappointed that the impression of updating more/updating the website/posting photos is given and then never followed through. My advice would be to honestly say "Hey, were working on the CD, were busy and we will be ready when it's done. Don't expect any consistent updates expect for when the CD is finished."

If I remember correctly, the website was bustling prior to the release of The Odyssey. Wasn't "Accolade 2" released online a month or two prior to release? Things like that go a freakin' long way to a fan. Even a couple photos from the dungeon would be awesome.

Anyway, with my luck, there will be a huge update seconds after writing this rant. Here is to hoping!

If I remember correctly, the website was bustling prior to the release of The Odyssey. Wasn't "Accolade 2" released online a month or two prior to release? Things like that go a freakin' long way to a fan. Even a couple photos from the dungeon would be awesome.

Actually, the song they released was King of Terrors and most people was like "Oh this is how new Symphony x sounds like? Don't really like it...too heavy" but then after the album was released they started to like that song haha :). So did that update help...probably not.

oooh, you're not forced to be a musician, you chose it and THEN you have responsibilities towards the fans. In fact I'm NOT obliged to buy the record.

I could not disagree more. I think it's cool when bands take time to keep contact with their fans, and I try to do that myself when I'm interacting with people who regularly come out to shows, etc, but I in now way have any responsibility to do anything but play the show as agreed and record an album. Everything else is above and beyond. Yes, being a musician is a choice, but it's a hobby, not a job. People who demand updates MAKE it a job and thus, not so much fun.

My only problem is that there WERE updates. There was a hype and excitement when even that little bit of information about the new album was released. The problem is that it hasn't been followed up yet.
When most bands are releasing albums almost yearly, SX takes their time. The fans are patient to wait 3-4 years for a new iteration, but even the smallest, tiniest statement of "Yeah, this is what we've done so far" at least gives people hope and keeps the interest alive between such large gaps of time.

No it isn't the bands responsibility to constantly update us, but we were teased and then cut off for about 3 months now.DEMANDING a sentence of an update isn't asking much. It takes 2 seconds to do so, which is why some people here are (understandably) frustrated.