News about the CD

Hey people, look at the Symphony X's tour dates and who's gonna play with them. Killing trio!!!

SYMPHONY X
NEVERMORE
PSYCHOTIC WALTZ

2011 tour dates

25/Feb DE - Stuttgart, LKA Longhorn cap.1500
26/Feb DE - Oberhausen, Turbinenhalle cap.3000
27/Feb BE - Antwerpen, Hof Ter Loo cap.1100
28/Feb FR - Paris, Elysee Montmartre cap.1500
01/Mar FR - Toulouse, Phare cap.1000
02/Mar OFF DAY
03/Mar ES - Barcelona, Apollo cap.1100
04/Mar FR - Lyon, Transbordeur cap.1600
05/Mar IT - Florence, Viper cap.1000
06/Mar CH - Pratteln, Z7 cap.1700 1
07/Mar IT - Milan, Magazzini Generali cap.1000
08/Mar LU - Esch zur Alzette, Kulturfabrik cap.1000
09/Mar OFF DAY
10/Mar SI - Ljubljana, Cvetlicarna cap.1000
11/Mar DE - Munich, Backstage cap.1500
12/Mar AT - Wien, Gasometer cap.2000
13/Mar DE - Würzburg, Posthalle cap.2000
14/Mar DE - Bad Arolsen, Outback cap.1650
15/Mar OFF DAY
16/Mar DE - Hamburg, Markthalle cap.1100
17/Mar DE - Frankfurt, Batschkapp cap.750
8/Mar DE - Geiselwind, Music Hall cap.1700
19/Mar NL - Tilburg, O13 cap.2200
20/Mar NL - Amsterdam, Melkweg cap.1500

Ljubljana, here I come!!! :)

if those dates are real, at least we can be sure the album should be finished by Feb 25th lol. Pretty nice lineup. Too bad Symphony X will never come to Japan again

remember that SX started their Paradise Lost tour before they actually released the album, i attended to one of those shows prior to the release and russ said something about no one should even know the lyrics to that, cause we were singing along every chorus from the new songs. my point is, they can start the tour on february but i bet the album will be released like in june or something. hope im wrong though.

russ said something about no one should even know the lyrics to that, cause we were singing along every chorus from the new songs.

he he he

As for that line-up, Symphony X + Psychotic Waltz, do fucking want, I would definitely see that if it were over here. And maybe take a really long piss or something while Nevermore played.

I looked on Ticketbastard to see if those dates were real, and here's what I found: no Europe dates, but I did find a single, US date:

The Wiltern - Los Angeles, CA - 5/10/11

Legit as far as I can tell

Ok, I understand there being no update when there is nothing to say, but a full European tour and 2 American dates doesn't even deserve a single sentence from the moderator? Well, at least if it's true, the new album will come out hopefully sometime in 2011 (fingers still crossed for this Christmas).

if those dates are real, at least we can be sure the album should be finished by Feb 25th lol. Pretty nice lineup. Too bad Symphony X will never come to Japan again

Why can't they come back to Japan? I thought they had a huge cult following there.

They do. But I have lived in Japan for 3 years and every time they tour Asia they skip Japan. No one has every given me a clear answer as to why but it certainly never fails to disappoint me since I havnt seen my favorite band live since I left the US.

They do. But I have lived in Japan for 3 years and every time they tour Asia they skip Japan. No one has every given me a clear answer as to why but it certainly never fails to disappoint me since I havnt seen my favorite band live since I left the US.

Really? What's up with that?

Talk to your local promoters. It's not the band's fault.....just sayin'

Not trying to stereotype here, but from what I know, Asians have a very good taste in music. Bands like Dream Theater and Symphony X aren't very welcomed in this country where they are from. They usually don't sell more than a few thousands albums and the concerts are half full at best. That's why they go to Asia all the time, because they are respected there. I'm sure SX will return to Japan.

There is more news from a label that doesn't even support the band than the bands label.

What the hell is this?

"SYMPHONY X recently entered the studio to begin recording its next studio album"

You've got to be fucking kidding me. I understand the lack of update thing and how people are busy and there are only so many hours in a day but either these people have their sources wrong or Jax is a fucking liar. I thought SX went into the studio late last year? I mean, how hard could it be, the recording studio is in Romeo's own house!

"SYMPHONY X recently entered the studio to begin recording its next studio album"

You've got to be fucking kidding me. I understand the lack of update thing and how people are busy and there are only so many hours in a day but either these people have their sources wrong or Jax is a fucking liar. I thought SX went into the studio late last year? I mean, how hard could it be, the recording studio is in Romeo's own house!

They don't care. Tough luck, I guess?

"Recently" is a relative word. It could (and does in this case) mean "late last year". Calm down. :lol:

Not that I trust Wikipedia but:

Infinite Knowledge

Infinite Knowledge is the eighth studio album by progressive metal band Symphony X, that will be released in 2011. The album is a concept album about Odin.

Track listing

"Valhalla's Prelude" – 1:46
"Sanngetall:Visions of Future" – 4:58
"Magic Poetry" – 6:02
"Infinite Knowledge" – 10:08
"Eye" – 4:30
"Blood Eagle" – 7:51
"Lena's Mystery" – 7:16
"Ancient Land on the Sea" – 8:38
"Wisdom & War" – 6:00

Personnel

Russell Allen – vocals
Michael Romeo – guitars
Michael Pinnella – keyboard
Michael Lepond – bass
Jason Rullo – drums

SX main page cites braveworlds.com and Nuclear Blast as sources but I can't find anything. Weird.