News about the CD

Moshing scene twerps have NOTHING on 90s European metal gigs. Busted glass all over the place, weapons, setting shit on fire.

While I think politely sitting in a folding chair for a metal show is pathetic, if somebody pushes me around, I'm going to smash their face in and high 5 JDub before continuing to headbang.

Hehehehe! I remember the pits from the 80's, and the moshers had way better appreciation of their own.. If you fell/got knocked down, people helped you up immediately.....don't see much of that now...

that's cuz ur the crazy old man amidst a bunch of youngsters.

You're lucky I'm taking that as a compliment.....:Smokedev::devil:

Hehehehe! I remember the pits from the 80's, and the moshers had way better appreciation of their own.. If you fell/got knocked down, people helped you up immediately.....don't see much of that now...

In seattle you do, all the time. Moshers here may fault in that they don't pay attention to the boundaries of their pit, but if someone falls then everyone stops until the person is out of danger, then back to it. For this, I love our metal scene, even though moshing isn't my thing :D

Hehe same here, in Finland I mean. Once my friend got a huge elbow hit to his face and he fell down and he almost blacked out. People just got him up and gave him some booze. He went away for a minute and then got back again! :kickass:

I love Symphony X, but the periods between The Odyssey and Paradise Lost, and now Paradise Lost and the new album is crazy. I thought they gained a lot of new fans following Paradise Lost and I'm afraid they lost some momentum in terms of expanding their fan base. Iron Maiden releases albums more frequently than Symphony X and they're far more established.

Iron Maiden have a ton of albums, but a lot of them are just so-so. Had they waited say 3 or 4 years instead of 2 per album, maybe the quality would have been better? It seems like in the 90's, they pretty much just walked into the studio and whatever happened, happened. Blind Guardian is another band that takes at least four year in between albums but they usually come out amazingly. It seems like most bands over the last 10 years or so really enjoy taking their time with albums which is pretty much the opposite of how it was in the 80's!

Edit: I really have a feeling that the new SX album will be out before June but of course I could be wrong. My guess is that they are finishing the mixing now and then won't really promote it too far in advance to avoid a leak. Then again, I don't really see them randomly just one day posting something like "The new album is out now, bye".

Iron Maiden have a ton of albums, but a lot of them are just so-so. Had they waited say 3 or 4 years instead of 2 per album, maybe the quality would have been better? It seems like in the 90's, they pretty much just walked into the studio and whatever happened, happened. Blind Guardian is another band that takes at least four year in between albums but they usually come out amazingly. It seems like most bands over the last 10 years or so really enjoy taking their time with albums which is pretty much the opposite of how it was in the 80's!

Edit: I really have a feeling that the new SX album will be out before June but of course I could be wrong. My guess is that they are finishing the mixing now and then won't really promote it too far in advance to avoid a leak. Then again, I don't really see them randomly just one day posting something like "The new album is out now, bye".

Or you could be a great 70's band and pump out an album every year or sometimes twice a year and still have them sound innovative and amazing. I guess you just can't expect every band to be a Genesis or King Crimson, though.

Or you could be a great 70's band and pump out an album every year or sometimes twice a year and still have them sound innovative and amazing. I guess you just can't expect every band to be a Genesis or King Crimson, though.

Hhehe you sure as hell can't expect that :Spin:

My computer is broken at the time, so I've been listening some CD's and I picked up my Sx cd's and wow... Haven't listened DWoT, TiO and V for a LOOONG time.. Well some songs from here and there, but the whole album straight... Had a great time! And it got me thinking.. DAMN I'm waiting the new album haha :lol:

just to say Symphony x has disappointed me.

More than 3 years without nothing between two albums it sucks man (since "V"... in 2000).

NO official dvd.
NO video of symphony x recording in studio (Fans of prog are still waiting for this kind of video ! )
NO songbook of guitar part.

The band is totally missing of that.

And please give us some videos of michael playing, It may be the only guitarist of a famous heavy/prog band who has nothing to share with his fans.

Please, give us anything, for those who buy your album and come in your gigs.

And please give us some videos of michael playing, It may be the only guitarist of a famous heavy/prog band who has nothing to share with his fans.

Mike focuses all his efforts on the band. He's not just the guitar player, he's a songwriter, composer, recorder, and producer. Prior to releasing PL he did mention that he'll likely be working on a solo album after PL. Obviously that didn't happen and I hope he does it after the new album. I believe he's a great artist ON HIS OWN (outside of the band) and a solo project would be something that I as a guitar player would definitely get into.

Evidently I don't care about videos and lessons as much as I do about some actual music.

Exactly. Remember Yes's "Tales from Topographic Oceans" or Jethro Tull's "Dark Passion Play"? They got shit fest reviews and were just average but the saddest part is that they both were follow ups to two of the most classic prog albums in history.

Hhehe you sure as hell can't expect that :Spin:

My computer is broken at the time, so I've been listening some CD's and I picked up my Sx cd's and wow... Haven't listened DWoT, TiO and V for a LOOONG time.. Well some songs from here and there, but the whole album straight... Had a great time! And it got me thinking.. DAMN I'm waiting the new album haha :lol:

That's like expecting Dream Theater to release another Metropolis Part 2. To me, I don't believe anything SX make will ever top DWoT, TiO and V. ESPECIALLY since those album were just a sequence of sheer beauty. 3 of the best prog metal albums in only a little more than 3 years.

just to say Symphony x has disappointed me.

More than 3 years without nothing between two albums it sucks man (since "V"... in 2000).

NO official dvd.
NO video of symphony x recording in studio (Fans of prog are still waiting for this kind of video ! )
NO songbook of guitar part.

The band is totally missing of that.

Please, give us anything, for those who buy your album and come in your gigs.

I have the perfect solution for you. Find at least 4 other people who have the skills to play SX songs flawlessly and start your own rip off band! You can be called like "Symphony V" or "Symphony XXX". All you have to do is change the titles, lyrics, and melodies ever so slightly so that you don't get sued for copyright like you can have a song called "Divine Wings of Sirens: A Tragedy" or "Falling Through the Looking Glass of Eternity". Here, you should be paying me for giving you these ideas! You can tour, release new albums every year, and overall just replace SX until people think that you actually are SX!

Exactly. Remember Yes's "Tales from Topographic Oceans" or Jethro Tull's "Dark Passion Play"? They got shit fest reviews and were just average but the saddest part is that they both were follow ups to two of the most classic prog albums in history.

I remember those being awesome albums, if that's what you mean. :Spin:

That's like expecting Dream Theater to release another Metropolis Part 2. To me, I don't believe anything SX make will ever top DWoT, TiO and V. ESPECIALLY since those album were just a sequence of sheer beauty. 3 of the best prog metal albums in only a little more than 3 years.

SX has more than AOR/metal/classic prog cliches to pull out of its bag of tricks, though. Their influence is wider, they are more innovative, and frankly, they are better songwriters than DT. Nuff said. Even PL still had new ideas, it was just uneven and lame at some points.

Have to agree. Yes is my favorite prog band ever. I have all their albums, and Tales From Topographic Oceans is my favorite Yes album. So cosmic, dark and brooding, melodic......they got ripped by the critics, because they felt that 4 20+ minute songs was over-indulgence, and pretentious. To me, in '88, hearing the album for the first time....just pulled me in. I was 18, and asked why I was listening to old 70's music....(I was only 3 when it came out) Symphony X has yet to put out a bad album to me, and though it sucks to wait this long for such a great band, but they haven't dissapointed yet! Hell, Yes in the 80's only put out 2 albums. That's the beauty of prog music.....it doesn't follow trends, for it IS about the music, and there's so much involved in every song on a prog album, it can stand the test of time, and numerous repeated listens....for years. I didn't get to see SX, until the Odyssey album, (first time in Florida) and the first thing I said that day to Romeo, and Allen was (jokingly) "what took you so long?" But damn, it was so worth the wait.

I do not criticize their music, I'm a huge fan, but they disappointed me.
i mean labels, and the guys who promote Symphony x.

Sorry man (symphony xv), but we cannot say that the band offers a lot of gifts to their fans.
Few videos of them in studio, or composing, or mixing or anything else would be fine, all the professional bands should do that, ... if they want to expand their fanbase, or keep the olders...
And of course, a real DVD would be very very appreciated after 15 years.

The time between 2 albums is very long, and we have absolutely nothing.
Symphony X has entered the studio in march but on Facebook, myspace, youtube... nothing fresh since a lot of time.
:cry:

Sorry guys,but if there's a thing a like of this band is that they come out only
when the've got something ,they're not like Manowar,D theater or Maiden ,they
don't force you to get cd single,remastered version , live records, and for me this is good because theyr mind is only directed to a new record.

a dvd would be awesome and logical, few videos of them recording the new songs too, ... etc

There are so many things fans are waiting for, and Symphony x doesn't give.
Too bad