News about the CD

I have to admit that some bands like Dream Theater, and Iron Maiden over-saturate us fans more than any other band. I love these bands, but it seems like both of these bands put a dvd, or "special addition" cd out, before you even get the wrapper off their new release! I'm suprised too, that SX hasn't had ANY kind of dvd out, this far into their career. I would think their label would know of their following, and that it's a no-brainer it would sell well. The Gigantour dvd doesn't count.....Rush has always done it right....live album every 4 years, and a dvd about every 2-5 years

I can't think of any other band that I follow that completely ignore their fans as thoroughly as Symphony X is doing right now.

Nothing wrong with putting out a DVD after each tour if you ask me.
I think it's great you always have the opportunity to watch songs from thar particular touring album.
I'm also puzzeled why SX bever released an official live DVD. Very strange indeed.

Tragically, they missed their chance last year of having a big blow out V 10th year anniversary celebration. It would have been so cool if they went on a huge year long tour and played the entire album then as an encore play the new songs that they were working on and on the last date of the tour, record a triple live CD/ 2 disc DVD of the concert/tour/videos of them in the recording studio/backstage, etc. then after they take their final bow announce the title and date for the new album. My fantasies go crazy!

I would rather have a 10 year celebration in 2007 for Divine Wings ;) . Damn, at least a live album that actually included The Edge of Forever.

Well, 2007 was a long time ago. But, you could wait until next year when it will be the 15th year anniversary of DWOT. Since 2010 was not only the 10th year anniversary of V but ALSO the 15th year anniversary of The Damnation Game, they should have played both albums in their entirety. Next year can be the DWOT/Odyssey tour because it will also be the 10th year anniversary of The Odyssey.

Nuclear Blast had Rhapsody of Fire release an album last spring, an EP in October (which was really an album in disguise) and there will be yet another album this spring so I don't see why they would want to slow down SX.