News about the CD

Ok, I haven't bitched here in a few months, but I just wanna ask, how hard is it in this era of internet technology to just log on and give 2 minutes of your time to say something? I'm not saying they need to be like Mike Portnoy and tweet about what they had for breakfast, but just a few sentences would be great.

End rant.

I've just moved on to other bands now. Its helped getting to listen to bands I had never previously heard of while waiting for the album. I check on the site for updates maybe once a week or so but I've lost hope in any real news being announced for a while. Touring updates aren't news...when they release something pertaining to the album I'll be happy.

Artwork, a SINGLE song title, a 3 second clip? Anything minor is better than what has been announced thus far... I've lost hope lol.

Honestly, you'd think a new record label would want to really try their best to promote just-signed bands and also show fans that they care about the band they just signed. From what we've seen, Nuclear Blast doesn't give a fuck about promoting Symphony X and we got more updates when they were with their old label. Boo

Heh. I've jumped sides a lot with this no updates thingy. While I don't really care anymore, I must say I do think it's pretty dumb by management and SX not to get a little involved before the release of an album and an upcoming tour.

I might be wrong (and for some reason I hope I am) but I have the feeling that the new album may really be titled Infinite Knowledge: as far as I remember, Jax denied that it was about Odin, but she didn't say whether that title was the actual one or not.

Honestly, you'd think a new record label would want to really try their best to promote just-signed bands and also show fans that they care about the band they just signed. From what we've seen, Nuclear Blast doesn't give a fuck about promoting Symphony X and we got more updates when they were with their old label. Boo

This. I stopped giving a fuck a while ago. When it comes out I'm sure I'll buy it, and hopefully I'll like it. They can run their business how they choose and I have no desire to try to tell them otherwise. I honestly can't say that it affects my day-to-day. That said, the band has a great fanbase that they can count on for support (myself included, despite how critical this may sound), and I can't imagine why they (band, label, management, whoever). It's just not good business.

Ok, I haven't bitched here in a few months, but I just wanna ask, how hard is it in this era of internet technology to just log on and give 2 minutes of your time to say something? I'm not saying they need to be like Mike Portnoy and tweet about what they had for breakfast, but just a few sentences would be great.

End rant.

To be fair, I did in fact receive a "Happy New Year" tweet from Symphony X. Although, with the lack of updates and the general inactivity, it came across as sarcastic and mean.

It would suck if last January when it was announced the album was near completion, some user thought "I'll just check back in a couple months and maybe then there will be a release date" then he logs back on in April and nothing. Checks back in August and nothing. Checks back one last time feeling sure there is something in December...and no.

You guys remember when that asshole RazorEdge or whatever his name was threatened anyone who even mentioned the new album? lol I'm glad he's gone!

Bunch of random thoughts here. Like the rest of you said, I really no longer care if this album ever comes out, but this forum has really just turned into a general music discussion forum so it's still fun to come here every once in a while and check back on SX while you're at it.

For you older members, do you remember what it was like before Paradise Lost came out? Did the band give any updates? I think the tour is a nice idea and I'm sure many of you whose cities they will be coming to are happy, but for people like me who live in small unknown cities, it doesn't really make us feel any better.

but this forum has really just turned into a general music discussion forum so it's still fun to come here every once in a while and check back on SX while you're at it.

^this

I keep checking here to see if there's any info on SX and the new release but mostly there's everything but SX info. :zombie:

It'll be out before we know it. Or maybe after we know it. Or maybe we won't know at all

It'll be out before we know it. Or maybe after we know it. Or maybe we won't know at all

I'm going with us not knowing at all. I'm pretty sure a year from now one of us will go into a music store and find a mysterious album with a glow to it unlike any ever seen before. The glow will call to that person and you will not be able to resist looking at it. After blowing off the cob webs you realize that this is the "new album" that had been talked about all along. When you turn the CD around you will reveal the words that tell the whole reason why it had come to this: "we barely had the cash for this one album, let alone updates!"

*sigh* Long time no post, happy new year/holidays to all! Hope everyone is doing well.

We've all turned down a sour path at some point on these forums, myself included. Despite what anyone says, I still feel that things are being poorly run. But like many of you are saying, what they do, or how they run their business, does not effect our lives.

Though for some people, music does effect their lives. Symphony X is my favorite band, and probably no band will ever come close to touching base with how high I hold them. Many will than tell me, "Its your fault for expecting so much"! However, I do believe that pretty much everyone is expecting something from Symphony X. That's part of being a fan. Whether it be updates, a new album, a live gig, a live dvd, or just all around greatness from them it doesn't really matter. Since it all depends on the individual. Anyone who says I don't care at all, about anything, is either trying to kid themselves, or not as big a fan as the claim to be. Which comes as no surprise, since most of the forum frequenters are not huge symphony x fans, or even progressive metal fans. Which goes with "These forums have become a general music discussion forum".

The forums where not always like that. There was plenty of fans, happily discussing symphony x songs, lyrical meaning, covers of songs, photos of live shows, cover artwork, and symphony x merchandise. You have 'Paradise Lost' to blame for that. I love the album, many do, according to the charts, and sales it was doing great for the band. But the five year blunder of empty promises, miss communication, and the album being leaked. Had everyone at each others throats, many packed they're bags and left, others where banned.

Either or, I doubt the album is coming out in February. But based on past experience, with leaks, and disgruntled fans, perhaps they're keeping it entirely under wraps for a big surprise release. What better way to start off with a new album than a small tour, and a new label, new website etc. I mean for us it would be a total shock/surprise, so we will all be stoked. The few of us who received 'paradise lost' early, wont be able to spoil it for the rest. Its a very effective and safe marketing idea, and has been done before. I hope you're right, but i'm not holding my breath. Meanwhile, we shall all be kept in the dark and hope to have our ear holes fucked by symphony x once again :)