News from the melloboat!!

I totally forgot about the melloboat gig, but you're a lucky bastard! I'm dying to see the video and pictures now. :kickass:

They played SPD on the first night in Melbourne 06 and on the 2nd night a guy behind me between each song kept screaming "Serenity Painted Death!" after a few songs, I turned round and said, I"m sorry to say this man but they played it yesterday. I think it was the most shattered I've ever seen a person.

Great setlist. Did anyone who attended see if this was filmed in any way? I just can't give up hoping that this gig will be included as extra material on the Roundhouse DVD ... I know its extremely unlikely, but one can always dream = ) Considering how long we've waited for that DVD I really hope the inclusion of more material could be one of the reasons for the delay ...

Rock on!

Interesting theory...

oh god, oh god, this is the best setlist ever. I really really hope it makes a DVD. I would pay $300 to see this show!
Please, oh please may there be a good video + audio recording. I'm dying to hear it.
(and I never talk like this >> )

i just dreamed, that they played the whole new album, and it was filmed in HD by a member here.
:'(

Hi guys! Just got home from the boat.

The new song they played was 'Heir Apparent'. A really heavy sounding song, with a nice instrumental keyboard brakedown in the middle. And wow, Master's Apprentices really kicked ass...

And filming: yeah, I saw alot of cameras...

And oh yeah by the way, Mikael went up on stage with Katatonia on their last song, growling on a track from Brave Murder Day...

ndSinister: are you the one I met on the right side, in front of the stage while waiting for opeth? I'm the blonde one. :p

Hi guys! Just got home from the boat.

The new song they played was 'Heir Apparent'. A really heavy sounding song, with a nice instrumental keyboard brakedown in the middle. And wow, Master's Apprentices really kicked ass...

And filming: yeah, I saw alot of cameras...

And oh yeah by the way, Mikael went up on stage with Katatonia on their last song, growling on a track from Brave Murder Day...

ndSinister: are you the one I met on the right side, in front of the stage while waiting for opeth? I'm the blonde one. :p

Oh my fucking god... I cant belive that i missed this just cuz im not 18 years old yet..

And come on, give us some pics and videos from melloboat!

ndSinister forgot one song indeed btw. They played The Baying Of The Hounds as well! =)

ndSinister forgot one song indeed btw. They played The Baying Of The Hounds as well! =)

Fucking hell! = )

Opeths set must have been longer than one hour? I really really want to see this get a proper release in great quality ...

Mikael: You guys must add this to the Roundhouse DVD, it would be the greatest bloody release of the century :kickass:

I've been listening to Opeth for some good 6 years now, and seen 'em live, I'd guess, about 14 times. Heir Apparent was, in all seriousnes, my best Opeth experience this far. What a fucking great track. Seeing SPD live was also highly appreciated.

I'll have to add the fact that the new line-up managed to sound like the best live-reincarnation of opeth to date. Fredrik really managed to fit into the style of Opeth too.