News from the melloboat!!

I've been listening to Opeth for some good 6 years now, and seen 'em live, I'd guess, about 14 times. Heir Apparent was, in all seriousnes, my best Opeth experience this far. What a fucking great track. Seeing SPD live was also highly appreciated.

I'll have to add the fact that the new line-up managed to sound like the best live-reincarnation of opeth to date. Fredrik really managed to fit into the style of Opeth too.

I agree 100% :) seriously, if anyone has any doubts about the new line up... don't!

I WANT TO SEE HEIR APPARENT AGAIN!!

I agree 100% :) seriously, if anyone has any doubts about the new line up... don't!

I WANT TO SEE HEIR APPARENT AGAIN!!

Take yourself to
ddsignlr8.gif
.NET for the Melloboat documentry possibly due this week.

Alright guys. I'm in Stockholm now in City Backpackers untill Wednesday night with my friends. You'll be glad to know that my housemate recorded the gig on his camcorder. The quality is amazing and it will be uploaded shortly after we get back home to Ireland. The only problem is he had to stop recording after the guitar solo in Harvest and he missed all of SPD due to not having enough battery life left on his camcorder and he wanted to make sure that he had enough power to record the new song. So basically he recorded the whole gig except for SPD. Like i said the quality is very good both visually and aurally. We were sitting right in front of the sound engineer so we got a completely central view. I must say that the new song Heir Apparent is the most brutal song I have ever heard Opeth do. Everything in it is beyond what you would expect. Axe's drumming is awe inspiring and Frederik's guitar playing is second to none. Also if any of you have doubts about Frederik fitting into the band I want to allay any doubts you might have. His playing that night was flawless and he also added a few subtle lead parts to the songs that weren't there before which really adds to the atmosphere. Also he is an incredibly nice and gracious person. Steven Wilson was also at the gig and I was chatting to him for about 5 or 10 minutes before we boarded the boat. We were also lucky enough to catch the guys soundcheck which we also managed to record!! So thats my little report done. I'll update you all once the video and pics are uploaded. If you have any more questions then drop me a pm.

The complete setlist was:

1. Master's Apprentice
2. The Drapery Falls
3. Serenity painted death
4. Harvest (special version!)
5. The Baying of the Hounds
6. Heir Apparent
7. Demon of the Falls

At elast I think it was like that..

And what can I say, the gig owned, and Heir Apparent was great, I just need a few more listens to melt it properly..

the complete setlist??

Master's apprentice
The Drapery falls
Baying of the houds
Harvest
Serenity painted death
Heir apparent
Demon of the fall

not sure if the order was right, was kinda drunk..great show nontheless :kickass:
cant wait to see the gig from a distance, big thumbs up for the guys who recorded it :worship: (and posting it in the near future)

Sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

By the way (forgive me if this has already been answered), what was the "special version" of Harvest?

Probably the "jazzed up" version, right?

All those who were at the Melloboat, you're truly lucky bastards, wish I could have been there :(
I mean, listening to SPD, Heir Apparent, a new version of Harvest and Mike growling with Katatonia live, chatting with Steven Wilson,
are you really sure that heaven can get any better?