News from the melloboat!!

The clips of Comus on Youtube are fucking awesome. I had goosebumps pretty much the whole time. The clips of Drapery falls was amazing as well. Unbelievable tight as always. The clip of Nathalie, Axe and Mendez is fantastic as well. Also I want a Conan shirt haha.

After listening to the drapery....

They need to do some ironing out. More so Fred and Axe.

But it still raped.

Yeah, Fred was pretty sloppy on the slide leads, Axe needs to step up a bit on the drums (at least for old Opeth) he sounded really good on the new song.

His playing wasnt at all sloppy lmao. Also hate that people say that the new memembers need some ironing out because if someone told you it was peter and lopez playing you wouldnt know the fucking difference.
I didn't listen to this clip in particular, but really, its not at all hard to tell the difference between Axe and Lopez, for one, Axe pounds the shit out of his drums, not particularly dynamic, just loud, he also uses a very dry toned kit, very top drum head oriented snare sound. I am not starting a debate of who's better or worse, but seriously, don't think everyone cant tell because you cant.

but that's not exactly anything that needs ironing out, thats just a different sound. they might sound different in that regard, but in technical ability, anyone on here would be hard pressed to pick a difference. and its not as if axe should be mimicking lopez to the finest detail. opeth has a new drummer, get the fuck over it.

no clean vocals btw.

On the boat I talked to 2 people that knew the band and they had listened to the whole new album and they said that the brutal parts is even more brutal and the mello parts are more mello than before. I know that you probably just ment that there werent any clean vocals in the new song but I just took the opportunity to fill this in :lol:
And by the way...Melloboat kicked ass!!! :headbang: One of the best trips in my life!

but that's not exactly anything that needs ironing out, thats just a different sound. they might sound different in that regard, but in technical ability, anyone on here would be hard pressed to pick a difference. and its not as if axe should be mimicking lopez to the finest detail. opeth has a new drummer, get the fuck over it.

indeed.