Next Album....

XxSNAPxX

[HYDRAKUS]
Jan 29, 2008
What do you want....What do you expect.....????

I'd like to see a return to some good ole Melodic Death Metal, though i know its not likely. I'd like to see those silly cat vocals go....though i doubt that'll happen, and i'd like to see a return to some AWESOME lyrics, other than emo slit my wrist bullcrap. Don't get me wrong, i love emotional lyrics as much as the next guy...but...you can only take but so much. I expect though, some mesh of Come Clarity and A Sense of Purpose.....making it worse than come clarity yet better than a sense of purpose. I like both albums...but...Jester Race till i die!

SO........your take on it? :kickass:

Yeah I pretty much am ready for a new album. I honestly don't like ASOP that much. I need another intense album.

im ready for them to evolve to a band like opeth and try something new and come out with 6 or 7 songs that are 10 minutes long each rather than 14 or 15 sub-par 3 minute songs

Would like if they did stuff like from their older albums (Whoracle, Jester Race), although it is not likely...
I'd just like anything, I know that I will be more than satisfied with whatever they put out. I would just like something new, like come clarity or something..Just alittle more agressive vocals just like in CC. And to use his new-style death growls more often cause they kickass.

I dont think they would go back.. I think they can not.. They have chosen a way, and maybe there will be more songs like the chosen pessimist, but maybe I'm wrong.. You know RTR was aggresive, STYE not so, CC was aggresive again, ASOP not so in my opinion.. But I think they will do something softer, like ASOP.. It would depend on the sound also...

Next album title: Return from Rehab

Maybe Jesper faked going to rehab because he realized how crappy ASOP was.

im ready for them to evolve to a band like opeth and try something new and come out with 6 or 7 songs that are 10 minutes long each rather than 14 or 15 sub-par 3 minute songs

No In Flames proved how terrible they are at trying to make epics with the chosen pessimist.

^^agreed. Idk i dont think it's out of the question to see an improvement, but one more album like ASOP and my hope will be gone.lol.

I had some weird dream that Engelin stayed in the band, and they became a three guitar band. The album I heard in my dream was melodic as all hell, but not a step back in the least...I want it to sound like that.

...Don't you hate dreams when you're just doing shit you do when you're awake? Like typing on MSN or listening to a CD? *sigh*

I would to see some more brutal stuff. Still melodic, but some blast beats, some headcrushing riffage parts and some growling. Hell, Anders showed he could do them in the DVD, why not on CD ?

I had some weird dream that Engelin stayed in the band, and they became a three guitar band. The album I heard in my dream was melodic as all hell, but not a step back in the least...I want it to sound like that.

...Don't you hate dreams when you're just doing shit you do when you're awake? Like typing on MSN or listening to a CD? *sigh*

Damn you and you're sweet ass dreams......thatd be cool if the next album was as you speak though...

And yes...whast the point of dreaming if you're just gonna be doing everyday shit. When i dream I want chases...explosions...fantastical in flames albums that will never be.....you know....cool shit. :headbang:

I would to see some more brutal stuff. Still melodic, but some blast beats, some headcrushing riffage parts and some growling. Hell, Anders showed he could do them in the DVD, why not on CD ?
Yeah I agree he should use is growls alot more.. I especially love the growl part in Disconnected, and it's damn powerful when he does that part live. I want the album to be more fast paced, more aggressive. But as I said before, anything they put out I will love anyways.

Damn you and you're sweet ass dreams......thatd be cool if the next album was as you speak though...

And yes...whast the point of dreaming if you're just gonna be doing everyday shit. When i dream I want chases...explosions...fantastical in flames albums that will never be.....you know....cool shit. :headbang:

I had a dream before Come Clarity's name was announced, was really epic as well. The album was called Voice Of Changes, but it was never meant to be. *Sigh* Instead I get Come Clarity, my lease favorite In Flames album.

I'm hoping if it's still the Poppy shit, atleast make it catchy like Come Clarity and Reroute to Remain. ASOP was the biggest letdown after Come Clarity. CC was like a mix between Clayman/Colony and R2R which was the perfect mix for a newer sound. They should also keep the same style as Tilt and Eraser, god knows why They made them BSides and kept in shit like The Chosen P and Delight and Angers.

Have good album art also, why does it seem like In Flames went from this mature band to like babies.

Yeah I really hope the lyrics are a little more mature and complex than asop