Next Testament CD

Ah yes,nothing like cranking the car audio all dialed in to some new heaviness.I remember doing that all the time,I say I remember because my stock piece o' shit just failed recently and i've been waiting for an excuse to upgrade.Your drive has inspired me,thanks for that RICH!!!:devil:

Is there a favorite solo yet? There a lot of really good ones on here.I'm not sure myself.

I'm glad that Greg said he doesn't really know a lot of songs and that it was a little intimidating to learn PowerSlave It gives me hope.
I don't know shit for songs except for bits and pieces of them that come into my head.I just play.

Is there a favorite solo yet? There a lot of really good ones on here.I'm not sure myself.

I'm glad that Greg said he doesn't really know a lot of songs and that it was a little intimidating to learn PowerSlave It gives me hope.
I don't know shit for songs except for bits and pieces of them that come into my head.I just play.

Hmm... that's a toughie! Alex's solo on the title track and Eric's solo on Throne Of Thorns are probably my faves... the latter solo isn't very technical, and I learned it by ear very quickly, but it's so melodic and memorable, and sticks in my head! In a lot of respects, it reminds me of his solo on "Musical Death", which is also very tuneful and memorable. :)

Powerslave is a pretty easy song to play. I play guitar by ear mostly, which makes learning songs a lot easier. The 2nd and 3rd solos are tough to learn though! lol To be fair to Greg though, Id imagine the bass part in Powerslave is more tricky to play than the guitar part! lol

The album contains some of the best leadwork ever. For the moment my favourite solo is the one on A Day in the Death (which is simply mindblowing), followed probably by the one in the title track.

Yes Greg did a great job on the bass !and is such a great player in general.

I recently bought Anthrax P.O.T. on cd.I should have done it years ago.always had the tape,but..you know.Anyway I've been figuring out a lot of that album(pieces not whole songs) lately.They have some really fun riffs to play.
How long have you been playing?

I don't if everybody saw this.Nothing really new,but it's Chuck!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUO645CYD7w&feature=related[/ame]

Did the interviewer say he had to go? What the hell is better than talking to Chuck?!

Hmm... that's a toughie! Alex's solo on the title track and Eric's solo on Throne Of Thorns are probably my faves... the latter solo isn't very technical, and I learned it by ear very quickly, but it's so melodic and memorable, and sticks in my head! In a lot of respects, it reminds me of his solo on "Musical Death", which is also very tuneful and memorable. :)

Powerslave is a pretty easy song to play. I play guitar by ear mostly, which makes learning songs a lot easier. The 2nd and 3rd solos are tough to learn though! lol To be fair to Greg though, Id imagine the bass part in Powerslave is more tricky to play than the guitar part! lol

I'm envious. When I played guitar I tried to learn to play by ear and I never could. It use to piss me off something awful, especially seeing other people do it.

Yeah, Musical Death...A Dirge. Love that song, they played it live the first time I saw them and I almost wet myself.

Dragon Attack haha. Probably the title track, and Throne for me. I do like the solo's in DA though.

I'm envious. When I played guitar I tried to learn to play by ear and I never could. It use to piss me off something awful, especially seeing other people do it.

Yeah, Musical Death...A Dirge. Love that song, they played it live the first time I saw them and I almost wet myself.

Well, the thing is, I don't think you can "learn" to play by ear. Or at least, I never really learned how to play by ear. I never had any guitar lessons, and I can't read music, and had never even used a tab until about 4 years ago. :lol: My first guitar was a really cheap, nylon stringed acoustic. I knew about 3 or 4 basic classical chords, and that was it. When it came to learning how to play metal, I just used to play my vinyls or cassettes (showing my age here! lol), get my guitar out, and try and play along to what I was hearing. Once I worked out a basic power chord for the first time, playing by ear just came really naturally to me. And that was how I learned how to play, just simply playing along with records, and letting my ears guide my hands as to the right notes to play. I do think I have missed out by not learning musical theory, as I think I'd be a better player if I knew all that stuff, but people who hear me play are usually very surprised to learn that Im completely self-taught, without the aid of lessons or instructional books.

I haven't seen that song live, but I hope one day, I will! I remember the first time I heard that song, and being surprised at Eric not playing more solos in Testament, because I loved his solo in that song so much.

@Redfly: I've been playing guitar for over 20 years now! :)

Yeah well, speaking about cassettes, I imagine a lot of us around here are close to the same age. When I first got into Testament the new order was their album out at the time. A lot of people I know "moved on" to other music as they got older, but I never got tired of listening to metal.

I've still got all my tapes/I don't play them but I have them lol Most everything is in cd form.

I fucking love playing guitar.I really don't know how I stuck with it, but I did.I also don't know any theory or how to read music.Hell I don't even read tab!
But a can do a nasty arpeggio sweep.Some how lol I just aways wanted to play.

Hey Angelic Slayer,did you get the email about your name in the credits?

Haha, funnily enough, I was just about to come here and post about that! :)

Yep, I got an email asking me to check and make sure that my name was spelled correctly for the credits, which it was, so I don't need to do anything.

By the way, my name is Sara (you'll see my surname in the credits!). I'm the only person with that first name in the credits, so you'll know it's me! :lol: