Next Testament CD

This album is really good,I liked "Dreams" but this a much more solid darker album with a lot more layers too it.They keep pushing what a Trash band can be without selling out.And the production is finally good.
Overkill is awesome live.I've never seen Flotsam live except on Youtube and the DVD's I have.But they sound great too.
I think when Testaments next album comes out early next year that them, Overkill,Death Angel,Flotsam and Exodus should all do something a real old school thrash fest (like the big4 but better) :devil:
Anyway Flotsam's album is really good, at first some of the vocal melodies make ask "huh?".. at first.But before I know it those are the parts stuck in my head "in a good way" and AK has gotten me again.Mark did a great job with the guitars and some of it has a Steve Vai feel to me.Of course the bass is outstanding and the drums are pounding.A good mix of styles as well.:D

I agree! I was suprised who good AK sings after all this years... Compare Hetfield, Mustaine, Araya in their prime time and now...AK still has it!
As redfly told: drums are pounding and great guitar and bass job! It's not like No Place... or Doomsday... but it sounds heavy, sometimes fast, dark and well written! The guys deserve more respect and a good label! I can't understand why a medicore Maiden record (final frontier) get so much positive reviews and nobody cares for the "future forgotten jewels"....:(

This album is really good,I liked "Dreams" but this a much more solid darker album with a lot more layers too it.They keep pushing what a Trash band can be without selling out.And the production is finally good.
Overkill is awesome live.I've never seen Flotsam live except on Youtube and the DVD's I have.But they sound great too.
I think when Testaments next album comes out early next year that them, Overkill,Death Angel,Flotsam and Exodus should all do something a real old school thrash fest (like the big4 but better) :devil:
Anyway Flotsam's album is really good, at first some of the vocal melodies make ask "huh?".. at first.But before I know it those are the parts stuck in my head "in a good way" and AK has gotten me again.Mark did a great job with the guitars and some of it has a Steve Vai feel to me.Of course the bass is outstanding and the drums are pounding.A good mix of styles as well.:D

After listening through it twice I have to say that it has the possibilities of being the best metal album of the year. It's a solid thrash album that has the heaviness you would want from the early Flots albums as well as some hints of Dreams Of Death as well.

My only complaint about the album is the lyrics for "Always" and "K.Y.A." I've never been one for cursing in songs, especially cursing just for cursing's sake. I feel it lends to the stereotypes that people have always had of heavy metal. I think AK is capable of much better lyrics, especially on K.Y.A. To me, it just came off as childish and immature and makes it hard for me to listen to those songs, especially since the music on them is outstanding. There comes a point where the rest of the band should've stepped in and made him rewrite the lyrics to those songs to what he's capable of doing and not just throwing a tantrum.

Yeah I would say this hands down one of the best albums I have..period..by anyone.And I agree for the most part about lyrics however I like at least one rude song on an album where I don't have to feel and can just thrash a bit.K.Y.A sounds like Eric needed to get out some frustration to me.Frankly with the way the band has been treated I'm surprised the whole album isn't like that lol

Yeah I would say this hands down one of the best albums I have..period..by anyone.And I agree for the most part about lyrics however I like at least one rude song on an album where I don't have to feel and can just thrash a bit.K.Y.A sounds like Eric needed to get out some frustration to me.Frankly with the way the band has been treated I'm surprised the whole album isn't like that lol

I don't mind a rude song but I thought they could've been a bit more clever about it.

First week sales of the Flots CD for the US were revealed: they sold 600 copies of the disc. SIX HUNDRED? Holy crap. At this rate, if they're lucky, they might move 2000. The label HAS to do better promotion than that. If I made a CD and just played clubs in my local area I could probably sell 600. I hope to hell that they're bringing copies of the disc to sell at their live shows. I know the big box stores in the US don't carry shit, so they're screwed in that regard, but there needs to be more promotion to buy it from the indie labels, indie CD stores and off of their website.

They are getting no promotion at all.A lot of people on the boards can't get some of them whole country's in Europe!
what do expect from a label half owned by Head of Korn....this is bullshit this record could sell a hell of a lot more.

I wouldn't call the new Flots album a thrash record at all. There's hardly any actual thrash on it. A decent metal record, no doubt, and the vocals are great (very Geoff Tate in places) but the actual music is rather a disappointment for me.

Actually I think there is a good deal of thrash on here.flotsam just has a different style than most bands.Honestly I was hoping for more of a "No Place For Disgrace" style But hey not everyone can be Testament!!

Actually I think there is a good deal of thrash on here.flotsam just has a different style than most bands.Honestly I was hoping for more of a "No Place For Disgrace" style But hey not everyone can be Testament!!

The only flotsam albums that were really thrash were "No Place" and "Doomsday." I don't really consider "When The Storm Comes Down" to be thrash. That's not taking anything away from their heaviness and there are some songs that are thrash, but not the whole album.

I guess I'm the only one thinking Flotsome is quite lame LoL...and the new one is far from thrash....
Lets focus on the new Testament album!

It's not full on thrash no.But I still think it's fast enough to qualify.And yes let's get some Testament already.
I agree that the first 2 were the only full on thrash all the way through and personally I like brutality and speed the most.But I also appreciate a band
Like Flotsam and Jetsam who is very genuinely their own band and goes a little beyond the confines and creates other moods without selling out and sounding to gay.AK is a real deal vocalist and that is going to define the heaviness somewhat.But like I said not everyone can be down right devastating like Testament.But I'm glad there is a Flotsam and Jetsam.

Hey Ms. when you check in with them, could you see if they've got any good cookie recipes?