Next Testament CD

Do you remember an interview with Alex a long while back saying that Murphy was good for his genre pfffft!

what?! no I don't. pffff is right. If nothing else how about some professional courtesy and play it right. He plays with all these other people and plays the solos right. But not in Testament.

Reactions: Neptune
Jeez good lord. I take issue with a whole bunch of that. His guitar was never buried and The ritual was like one giant solo, guitar all over it! it really seemed like he had some sort of complex about metal that was only in his head. I do remember some stories around this time where he didn't like when people mentioned Testament when they met him.
Low. Some good ideas lol. Couldn't take Demonic seriously. Ugh

You know screw all of this. I don't care. Just learn the fucking solos. He rushes almost all of them and stuffs every note he can. Ironically ruining the melody he's so fond of. He plays right up until he would go out of time, but because he's so good he doesn't. but it still doesn't sound right.
Save all those notes for a stand alone solo.
The best way to describe my disappointment is like this I think. Our brains have a connection to the music we love built on good times, emotions and other experiences. Sometimes it's a single note that pulls it all together and gives that rush of connection. Change that note. And change the connection the whole experience can change or be ruined, the emotional attachment isn't the same. It's like. here it comes! here it comes!...! and then nope.

Reactions: one man
Well said Redfly,but as I see it if it's a live thing it really doesn't bother me all that much only because personally I can't make the shows.But he is doing the people who do attend a great disservice by not playing it properly. I honestly believe he does it on purpose,as if to say yeah I could do it but then not giving the deserved nod To Murphy!Oh and the emotions,as well as the memories he can never take that away from us since we made those connections so long ago!

He must do it on purpose because he could play it all the right way if he cared enough too. I don't care if i'm at the show or not! lol:D his work back then is golden and it sucks to see him not seem to care about or maybe be aware of his own legacy and not give the music it's proper due.

This part kills me lol! I hope he's still not this pretentious. Not so much the last part about Zorn but the rest of it. It just comes off bad to me. Maybe it's just me. don't get me wrong I don't dislike him, it's just...grrrr lol

Alex:
I'm glad you like what I played, which you call "godlike solos". Let me answer it like this: I'm doing it now! Only now it's being done over many different types of tunes: funk, swing, Afro-Cuban, Brazilian. You may not realize it yet but the same energy is there. Someday you may hear what I mean, and if and when that happens, you'll think it's an injustice for me to be in a band that does only metal. I could see doing a band like John Zorn's "Naked City," which does everything, including metal, but they would have to be musicians of that caliber.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neptune
I don't dislike him at all either,I just think he should show the same respect Murphy had given him!

Reactions: redfly
I just want him to be around for a longtime, and I think he'd have more energy on stage and maybe the air guitar thing could be cut down a little.
I love the air guitar thing, I do! But he's doing it a lot more and not much else. At least from what I've seen. I think he could have more crowd interaction. It would add energy.
But hey I could stand to lose a couple too!

Yes his longevity is what's most important and he could take a lesson from Blitz as far as crowd interaction goes lol!