Next Tranquillity album

Thanks for the welcome guys. I just found out about all these forums, after signing up for Kalmah. I love the setup they have. You can post in every sub-forum under the same name. AWESOME. Anyways, I'M TRYING TO MAKE IT ON SUNDAY! Are they going to be headlining? It says DT and special guests? I live in Pollock Pines, which is about an hour away from Sacramento. But i'm definately trying. Hope to see ya there! :headbang:

Well back to the topic:

To me the best albums by DT are "The Gallery" and "Projector", the strange fact is that since i became a fan o fthe band i always liked "Skydancer" as the best album they had and to this day id say is one of the most groundbreaking albums of the genre... But come on just listen to LETHE, Mine is the grandeur... Of melancholy burning. to me that sound they achieved wil not die ever.

I would love mikael to dwell more deep into his clean voice i know that some people may not like it but i believe it is a pretty peculiar voice and a great one i may add, there is something about his tone that fits perfectly for songs like Auctioned, Nether novas, Day to end ( as a note i read a while ago that Day to end was originally an acoustic song made by mikael, is there any way to hear that version?).

I cant say that the next DT album should sound like those albums cause it would be like going back, and to me if a band needs to go back is pretty much done for, but they could make a side project or something and go deep in to that bits of sounds they achieved and never develop.
Lets see what the future holds for us.....

If there is an early and 100% clean version of Day to end, i'd like to hear it too. *waits for the veterans to answer*

Bienvenido, Exiled (veo que no eres nuevo en UltimateMetal, pero es el primer post tuyo que veo en el foro de DT). A ver si nos vemos un día; yo solía vivir en tu ciudad. :)

I like the way you think (at least from this post of yours). :)

Hello well i guess we are going to have to wait and see if there is a recorded version of the acoustic day to end.. ( if i could only get that interview i saw...mmmm it was back when projector wa sthe latest DT album....)
Thanks Undo control well really im not new..( check the date ive joined).

Although it has been so long since i posted here that i cant recognize anyone but Rahvin and Siren of course but i believe they were two of the founders am i wrong?..:D and they probably dont recognize me so.. so...

Perdon que conteste es aparte en ingles pero asi todos pueden entenderlo.. cuando viviste por aca? mandame un pm y cuentame.. de donde eres?

I am not real familiar about their pre-production/production time span, is it usually quick? I really want to see the new album by the end of the year, I can't wait!

UndoControl said:
^ :lol: You didn't even spell 'violinist' right!

But violins with DT would be... weird, definitely... interesting to hear... very anti-DT, i think... hmmm...

Oh yeah? Prove it. >_>

Or, instead of Niklas doing the solos with a guitar, we have Niklas doing the solos with an eletric violin. But he won't be able to headband with it.

It's feels like the violin thing is done, eaven though it's a wonderful instrument.
The wonderful thing about DT is that they don't have to show their indivudual skills so very much in solos and when they do it, it has more effect. Instead of doing that all the time they can show it with the hole thing. That's skills.

The Dark Tranquillity Symphony?

Stanne as the director with his dance moves
Sundin as the violinist
Henriksson as the second violinist
Niklasson on cellos
Jivarp on percussions
and we'll add piano so that Brändström has something to do.

6 Stringed Fingers said:
The Dark Tranquillity Symphony?

Stanne as the director with his dance moves
Sundin as the violinist
Henriksson as the second violinist
Niklasson on cellos
Jivarp on percussions
and we'll add piano so that Brändström has something to do.

Why not.....I just think Nicklasson would fuck it up. That would be really terrible. Maybe he should try the bassviolin instead and we allready know that Jivarp could play timbales. I think so anymawy. But maybe it feels to metallica, or what do you say?

I guess Bränström would like it...:p

Hmmm violins with DT would be something interesting toi hear, but only in one song. I mean, they could try the violin/symphonic stuff, but only in one song, because if it doesn't work well at least only one song would be "ruined", instead of an entire cd.

But it will definetly be interesting to hear some violins or symphonic stuff in DT.

Maybe something like sympho-electric-Gothenburg-metal would come up :) . With female voices :headbang: :kickass:

That's a good name. Almost as good as mathmetal :lol:

^Good bands in the genre, just a shitty name. Meshuggah for instance :lol: