Next weekend - Umos Soulseek weekend !!

My condolences, Wheez. I've been through that before too. I stayed with my grandparents from time to time when I was little and when I lost them in the late 80s I felt a little lost for awhile. Remembering fond times is exactly what you should do, and exactly what your grandfather would have wanted.

And thanks for everyone's well wishes for my summer sabbatical. I am getting a little antsy with anticipation. As much as I love my place out here on the desert, once the temperature rises to 100 degrees F, I am anxious to find cooler country and see my homelands again!

I swear, this UMOS community is has got to be the best on the entire world wide web. I've never seen anything like it.

NP: Winter's Bane - Redivivus

My condolences too. I never knew my paternal grandparents and my maternal ones passed away when I was a little boy.

As long as your memory is full with all the love and teachings he gave you he won't be gone.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
My condolences, Wheez. I've been through that before too. I stayed with my grandparents from time to time when I was little and when I lost them in the late 80s I felt a little lost for awhile. Remembering fond times is exactly what you should do, and exactly what your grandfather would have wanted.

Thanks buddy! I've had a constant movie going in my head for a while now. I've been smiling a lot, which may sound a little weird. I just wish it was in Hi Def. :lol:

And thanks for everyone's well wishes for my summer sabbatical. I am getting a little antsy with anticipation. As much as I love my place out here on the desert, once the temperature rises to 100 degrees F, I am anxious to find cooler country and see my homelands again!

I'd be looking to get to cooler country myself! I remember those hot Summers all too well. Be sure and check in and let us know how it's going. We'll be missing you.

I swear, this UMOS community is has got to be the best on the entire world wide web. I've never seen anything like it.

You ain't kiddin'. This place rocks! :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

Wyvern said:
My condolences too. I never knew my paternal grandparents and my maternal ones passed away when I was a little boy.

As long as your memory is full with all the love and teachings he gave you he won't be gone.

Thanks Roomie! I know I'm very lucky to have had as much time as I have had with them. And right now it helps a lot to be reminded of that. He's prolly looking over my shoulder right now, still trying to figure out what's so special about this newfangled internet thingy. :)

I'll see you all on Tuesday or so. I've got a five hour road trip to get ready for. Lots and lots of music slated for this drive. The Blues ought to work for a while and then something a little more Old School for the old days.

my condolences to you and your family Brent. Biiiiiiiiiig Hugs to you!

"I'm in love with the sunshine,
I'm in love with the pouring rain,
everything seems to call your name.

I feel blue since you've gone
leaving life and all the pain
everything wants you back again"

The Scorpions

:erk: Missed it... I was in Richards Bay all weekend since Thursday, missed the ocean too much.
Sorry 'bout your loss Wheezer and Hawk, whatever it is, hang in there. Time is a healer.

Wheezer said:
I'd be looking to get to cooler country myself! I remember those hot Summers all too well. Be sure and check in and let us know how it's going. We'll be missing you.
I'll be totally absent thru June while I am in Idaho. Once I get settled in Montana I'll have a little more time and the luxury of broadband, something I didn't have last summer. The girl I stay with got DSL last week so I'm going to set up a wireless router and plug a usb antenna into my desktop in the far bedroom. I won't be posting regularly, but I'll be adding a smart ass comment here and there. :D

Are you and Wyvern rooming together at ProgPower?

NP: Scorpions - Blackout

Are you and Wyvern rooming together at ProgPower?

But in separate beds! :zombie: :D

A girl with a house and DSL...sounds almost like an Alice Cooper song :lol:

Idaho and Montana? Are you freegrazing cattle or something? :p

NP: Memory Garden - 'Shadow Season'

Wyvern said:
But in separate beds! :zombie: :D

A girl with a house and DSL...sounds almost like an Alice Cooper song :lol:

Idaho and Montana? Are you freegrazing cattle or something? :p

NP: Memory Garden - 'Shadow Season'
Separate beds? You mean this isn't a romantic liason? :lol: Seriously though, I'm glad to hear you guys are staying together and I'm a little jealous I can't be there. I respect both of you guys so much and I fully expect you two to form a strong friendship. I'll meet Wheez in December when he flies in for his footballl gig.

And I can honestly say I'm not freegrazing cattle, but I'm doing a bit of freegrazing myself. Fortunately I have blossoming fields wherever I go. Between friends and family, I pretty much have a place to stay during the whole trip. Do you like Westerns? books or movies?

NP: Winter's Bane - Redivivus

Separate beds? You mean this isn't a romantic liason? :lol:

Not that I'm aware of :zombie:

And yes is a damn pity you can't join us at PPVII. You're a great person Ryan and one of the regulars I'm enjoy most a good discussion with, keep the faith we'll meet someday.

Do you like Westerns? books or movies?

Movies, but I can't say I'm a fan. "Rio Bravo", "Shane", "The Gunfighter", "Wild Bunch", "The Outlaw Josey Wales", "Silverado", "Pale Rider", "The Quick And The Dead", "Unforgiven", some of the ones I can remember right now to have been seen in the last 30 years or so :lol:

Well, you musta been paying attention when you watched those movies as freegrazing is generally only a sideline story to the movie, if freegrazing is mentioned at all. And you forgot the best western ever made, Lonesome Dove. Best book, best movie. IMHO, of course. :D

I hope we'll meet someday too, my friend. I think we'd have a splendid time!

kittybeast said:
my condolences to you and your family Brent. Biiiiiiiiiig Hugs to you!

"I'm in love with the sunshine,
I'm in love with the pouring rain,
everything seems to call your name.

I feel blue since you've gone
leaving life and all the pain
everything wants you back again"

The Scorpions

Kitty, thank you yet again. You could not have picked a better set of lyrics.

Zeppie, and everyone else, thanks again. I'm pretty private in "real life" and having this release this has helped more than you could ever know.

I drove over the mountain pass yesterday that Grandpa drove over hundreds of times as a truck driver. I could see the old pass cut out of the mountain side and remembered all the stories that Grandpa had told about it. Since it is Spring, everything was green and in a full state of renewal. I was greeted at home by my two dogs that were so happy to see me that they couldn't contain themselves. Last night I attended my niece's boyfriend's graduation. I already call him my nephew. All these reminders were not lost on me. Life does go on and new memories are created.

Separate beds? You mean this isn't a romantic liason? :lol:

Oh hell no! :lol: Seperate rooms as well -- it's a suite. That helps cut down on possible snoring and farting problems.

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear you guys are staying together and I'm a little jealous I can't be there. I respect both of you guys so much and I fully expect you two to form a strong friendship. I'll meet Wheez in December when he flies in for his footballl gig.

I'm looking forward to both events for so many different reasons. Hopefully you'll be able to join us at Prog Power sometime. It would be fun to get the whole crew together.

:lol: Too funny, Wheez! Them snoring and farting problems can end a friendship! I hope to make it someday as well. Although I can't see that happening unless I hit the best seller list or PP moves to a winter month. As it is, September is the month I'm scraping together every dollar I can find trying to get enough gas money to get me back home to Arizona.

Wheezer said:
Oh hell no! :lol: Seperate rooms as well -- it's a suite. That helps cut down on possible snoring and farting problems.

That means the farting contest is off? :zombie:

Wheezer said:
:lol: :lol:

Make sure it's a few floors away as gas tends to travel.

Yes but basically upwards since is lighter than air :p

I just woke up and had breakfast. The day is sunny and warm and I have no energy to move from this chair :lol:

I went on Friday to my friend Henry gig. He sings on a pop-alternative-prog band which is not my cup of tea but Friday sounded really good. I was in charge of merchandising and believe it or not I sold almost all records and several t-shirts.
This thing of being in concert organization it's really getting my interest, I feel that as a rocker/metalhead I'm doing something for the movement and that feels really good.

Of course that meant I went to bed at 4:00 on Saturday and I spent a lot of it sleeping afterwards. After all my sleeping disorder in USA and last year and half I'm getting finally a good sleep but at the same time is like if my body is catching up with all the lost one. Sadly weekends are too short :erk:

NP: World Below - 'Sacrifices To The Moon'