NFL 2012

And you guys thought the Colts sucked last season? If they're even competitive in a game this season I'll consider that a success. They just cut Clark, Addai, Brackett, Bullitt, and Painter. Reggie Wayne and Garcon are free agents, and they're looking to trade Freeney.

Now I'm praying to baby Jesus Peyton signs with the Dolphins and Clark and Wayne sign there as well. Holy shit that'd be crazy!

The Colts sucked last season because without Peyton (boohoo) they decided to purposely tank it like a bunch of cowards. Now next year with a healthy Peyton and keeping a few other key guys intact they could easily go 10-6 in a weak division. Then you can take your chances in the playoffs. Instead they decide to completely clean house and start over...in wich yes they will suck again next year and maybe for a few years after. BTW this completely null and voids the comparison of the Colts Org to the Pats Org wich for a while was parallel. Say what you will haters but atleast the Pats still continue to draft, develope, build etc a championship contender every year!

The Colts sucked last season because without Peyton (boohoo) they decided to purposely tank it like a bunch of cowards. Now next year with a healthy Peyton and keeping a few other key guys intact they could easily go 10-6 in a weak division. Then you can take your chances in the playoffs. Instead they decide to completely clean house and start over...in wich yes they will suck again next year and maybe for a few years after. BTW this completely null and voids the comparison of the Colts Org to the Pats Org wich for a while was parallel. Say what you will haters but atleast the Pats still continue to draft, develope, build etc a championship contender every year!

We'll see how the Pats do when Brady hits his twilight. The quarterback is the foundation.

Offensive line. Running Attack. Defense.

You were saying?

I don't know man, Denver's defense was shit for a really long time last season and then caught fire towards the end, only to be absolutely ass raped by Brady. That and their receivers are really inexperienced and borderline mediocre. Miami and Arizona are much better teams in my opinion.

:lol:

Redskins trade #6, #39, 2013 1st, 2014 1st and possible more to the Rams for the #2 pick- aka Robert Griffin. If Griffin turns out to be anything short of a top 7-10 QB, this trade will qualify as a disaster. He definitely is talented, but it will be hard to build around him without any 1st rounders- and its not like the Skins have a young team or specifically a young offense.

Manning visits with the Broncos. Tebow fans are butthurt.

Jets give Sanchez a three year extension. I guess its their way of saying "sorry for flirting with Manning."

I don't know man, Denver's defense was shit for a really long time last season and then caught fire towards the end, only to be absolutely ass raped by Brady. That and their receivers are really inexperienced and borderline mediocre. Miami and Arizona are much better teams in my opinion.

According to PFT the Broncos have 40 mil. in cap space. They could conceivably pick up Manning, Jackson and Wayne. A lot of players will be willing go to whichever team Peyton is on.

Redskins trade #6, #39, 2013 1st, 2014 1st and possible more to the Rams for the #2 pick- aka Robert Griffin. If Griffin turns out to be anything short of a top 7-10 QB, this trade will qualify as a disaster. He definitely is talented, but it will be hard to build around him without any 1st rounders- and its not like the Skins have a young team or specifically a young offense.

Manning visits with the Broncos. Tebow fans are butthurt.

Jets give Sanchez a three year extension. I guess its their way of saying "sorry for flirting with Manning."

MUHAHA. As a Cowboys fan, the Redskins trade seems too good to be true lol. Did they not learn the lesson about trading away first rounders/large groups of DPs from Jerreh Jones or Ditka?

We'll see how the Pats do when Brady hits his twilight. The quarterback is the foundation.

This is not about when QB's hit thier twilight. Last I checked prior to Mannings injury...he and his team was still viable. Its about one team purposely tanking it not being prepared with a proper backup etc. In a similar situation the Pats lost Brady for a season and still went for it (10-6) I believe. They didn't quit like a bunch of losers as did the Colts. No shit the QB is the foundation and we know how great and important Brady is...but it's still and always will be the ultimate team game. Atleast still try and overcome...don't lay down, thats all.

Nobody cares about your bullshit speculation about the Colts laying down, which, if anybody watched their games (and I highly doubt that you did), it would be obvious that they did not. The problem last year is that they had a LOT of injuries, and they overestimated Curtis Painter. They were forced to bring in quarterbacks that were unfamiliar with the system in place, which was not the case with Matt Cassel. You are the most myopic football commentator on this forum, and it's getting old already.

This is not about when QB's hit thier twilight. Last I checked prior to mannings injury...he and his team was still viable. Its about one team purposely tanking it not being prepared with a proper backup etc. In a similar situation the Pats lost Brady for a season and still went for it...they didn't quit like a bunch of losers as did the Colts. No shit the QB is the foundation and we know how great and important Brady is...but it's still and always will be a team game. Atleast still try and overcome...don't lay down, thats all.

I don't think the players on the Colts tried to "lay down". Yeah they good whooped a number of times in 2011, but they also lost 6 games by 8 points or less, which shows that the players didn't quit. They were out there trying to win games- they just weren't good enough. I think its hard for teams like the Colts to get a legit backup, because Manning never misses a game or even many snaps in practice. If it was between Indy and another city where say, there's a quarterback in hot water, which would you sign with?

Pats did a better job in finding a backup quaterback in Cassell, I will grant you that. However, that is a matter of execution, not effort. I really doubt the Colts just didn't give a fuck about the backup quarterback. More realistically, its hard to find good backups. If Brady goes down in 2012, there is no promise that Hoyer or Mallett can replicate the success that Cassell had.

As far as the Colts cutting all these players, it's the responsible thing to do. Even if they kept Manning they would have had to cut a lot of these players because they are over the cap. Now with Luck in the fold, they can suck for a year or two, try and pick up a blue chip LT and/or WR in the draft and start anew.

You guys are a bunch of frauds...though you do make good points Crimson ;). Jesus, call it like it is. They did "lay down" because of the QB that is available in the draft...dah? If the Pats, Steelers, Giants etc ever folded like that..they would get slammed! Yes Dods Grav I did see a number of Colts games and yes they layed down like dogs! Witnessed Freeney and Mathis both who have killed the Pats in recent times..they quit this year when they faced the Pats. All I said is the truth...the way they were unprepared and the way they are going about football ops now is a joke...even KD slammed the Colts. If you don't see that then that is your problem not mine.

The funny thing is as much as I hate Manning and the Colts...I've thrown out respect to the player and the org many times in the past. All the while I've slammed my own QB and team when called for. Done both of said things like nobody else does here in this forum...so layoff!

The NFL is taking away millions of dollars of salary-cap space belonging to the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins for front-loading contracts during the uncapped 2010 season, according to league sources.

NFL Rumor Central
ESPN Insider can help you keep up with the latest twists and turns of NFL free agency. Check back often for the latest buzz. Rumor Central

The salary cap is projected to be $120.6 million in 2012, but the Cowboys will lose $10 million, while the Redskins will be docked $36 million in cap space, sources said.

Dallas and Washington can split the cap loss over the 2012 and '13 seasons in whatever form they prefer, with $1.6 million each going to the other 28 NFL teams, the sources said.

The New Orleans Saints and Oakland Raiders are the only two teams that will not receive a portion of the money.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...s-washington-redskins-lose-millions-cap-space

$1.6M more for the Steelers to work with? That's pretty much just what they need.

Ha, waiting to hear what the Jones' (Jerry & Stephen) have to say now about cap space, since they initially said they expected to have plenty of room to work with.

Going to guess this means no shot at signing G Nicks.

Yeah, from what I understand, they were just at the salary cap mark at this point. Now they'll likely be around $5M over it depending on how they decide to split it. The Redskins supposedly have a crapload of cap space though. I read that they would still have nearly $20M in cap space this season if they take half that hit ($18M) this year.

Yeah, from what I understand, they were just at the salary cap mark at this point. Now they'll likely be around $5M over it depending on how they decide to split it. The Redskins supposedly have a crapload of cap space though. I read that they would still have nearly $20M in cap space this season if they take half that hit ($18M) this year.

I think this ruling is bullshittingly (is that a word?) backhanded, but complaining about it is pointless. Bottom line is the Jones' have no business GMing.

Well, they certainly can make up the money. The Steelers made $25M in cap room by restructuring 5 contracts alone. But keep in mind that they have to make moves before they can sign anybody, because they must be cap-compliant by 4PM tomorrow when free agency starts.