NFL 2012

The one good move Josh McDaniels made in the draft for Denver was taking Demaryius Thomas over Dez Bryant.

So the NFL schedule makers hate the Eagles. Last week they played the Giants who were coming off a Thursday night game. Next they play the Steelers and Lions both coming off a bye. Then the Eagles have their bye, but their opponent after the bye is the Falcons who will also be coming of the bye. Then to top it off the Eagles face the Redskins coming off their bye in week 11. The NFL should really be more careful to not let those kinds of inequalities occur in the schedule.

Really fun game tonight. An absolute slugfest. People probably need to slow down on the Cardinals playoff talk. While they have an excellent defense, that O line is truly terrible. At this rate both Kolb and Skelton will be on IR by the end of the season. Kolb's been sacked 17 times in two games! Considering that those games were four days apart, it's amazing he's still standing.

On a more general note, has anyone else noticed that there's sort of a defensive revival in the NFC this year? There are a lot of really, really good defensive units. Seattle, San Francisco, St. Louis, Arizona, Philly and Chicago all have really talented units with top tier players at all three levels. I've really enjoyed seeing more physical, low scoring games this year.

So Vick went full retard yesterday - "Everything happens for a reason, If it was meant to be I wouldn't have fumbled at the goal line." (Response to Questions about his fumble)

Overall a good competitive game and basically what I expected. I thought the Steelers would probably win a close, low scoring game. Tough to win in Pittsburgh, especially when the team is desperate for a win. But the fact that we had to endure more avoidable turnovers from Vick makes the loss pretty irritating.

Mike Vick is my least favorite Eagle ever. I really can't wait for him to get the boot at the end of the season (I see no realistic scenario in which they keep him, especially at that salary). Another massive redzone turnover. A few other bad fumbles and one play where he was lucky that a Steeler happened to brush up against him.

If the Giants can get Nicks back and get this receiving core playing together again for consecutive games..man.. they'd be able to gel and hit another gear.

jets blew it. who would have thought with 3 minutes left in the game and a bunch of no named people having to catch passes that the jets had a chance to win

It was nice to see the Saints finally get their first win of the season. It wasn't the best performance, but the defense looked alright at times which was nice, and Brees looked much better than the last few weeks even if he did have a few fuck ups (one which thankfully didn't count due to a RTP penalty that saved our asses.)

Journalism at its finest.

There tend to be two types of rivalries in sports. One is characterized by absolute hatred. There is no love lost between these teams and their fans, they absolutely cannot stand each other. Think Celtics-Lakers, Yankees-Red Sox, Michigan-Ohio State.

And then there's the other, more nuanced sort of rivalry. This one is characterized by mutual respect. These athletes might go head to head for their sports' biggest titles, but when it's all said and done, they praise each other vigorously. Think Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal or LeBron James and Kevin Durant,

As NFL rivalries go, the competition between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady certainly belongs in the latter category. Manning and Brady, with a combined four Super Bowl rings and six MVPs between them, are without question the best quarterbacks of the past decade. And throughout their incredible careers, the two have maintained a long-standing and unique friendship.

Brady has called Manning "the best quarterback of all time" while Manning has heaped similar praise on Brady. And more importantly, both men have supported each other following their significant injuries (Brady's ACL tear in 2008, Manning's neck surgery in 2011).

So we know that both men are solid competitors and classy individuals, but who will go down as the better player? Five or six years ago this question seemed like it could go either way, but now the answer is clear. It's Brady.

The history of playoff success, regular-season winning percentage and the stats all favor Brady.

Brady is 16-6 in the postseason with a staggering .774 regular-season winning percentage (tops all-time among quarterbacks). Manning is 9-10 in the playoffs and has won just about two-thirds of the games he has started. And with the Patriots' 31-21 victory over the Broncos on Sunday, Brady has won nine of the 13 times the gunslingers have squared off.

Brady has led the Patriots to five Super Bowls while Manning took the Colts to two. Brady is a more efficient passer, and has arguably worked with less weapons on offense. Whereas Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, Brady's best receivers over the course of his career have been Troy Brown and Wes Welker. Harrison and Wayne combined for 13 Pro Bowls, Brown and Welker combined for five.

There are several intangibles that also favor Brady. He has played for one coach his entire career, and that partnership with Bill Belichick is perhaps the driving force for his incredible success. And while Brady, like Manning, suffered an injury that forced him to miss the better part of a season, Manning's injury appears to have been more serious.

Brady is the best quarterback of this generation (think post-John Elway), but even he admits that he couldn't have done what he did without Manning.

"[Manning's] really set the stage for quarterback play over my entire career," Brady said.

This, ladies and gentleman, is rivalry at its finest.

*insert massive fucking eyeroll here*

So a few team stats favor Brady, therefore he's better. Brady never had any good receivers except for Welker and Troy Brown. Oh wait, how silly of me, there's also Randy fucking Moss, Chad Johnson, Joey Galloway (although Johnson and Galloway were horrible when they played there), Deion Branch, and his newer receivers Gronk and Hernandez. That whole argument of "not having receivers" is such bullshit. The Saints' receivers aren't great either, no where near the level of Harrison and Wayne and yet Drew Brees puts up insane personal numbers. And besides, let's just assume that he's correct and during the early years of Brady's career when he had "no receivers", how was it they managed to win 3 Super Bowls and yet are 0-2 since acquiring good receivers? Oh gee, I dunno, maybe because IT'S A FUCKING TEAM GAME YOU CUNT!

And congratulations on misinterpreting a quote by Brady you retard. That quote of Brady saying "Manning set the stage..." wasn't meant to mean that because they have a killer rivalry and are both super competitive that it elevated Brady's play. He means that Manning inspired Brady, simple as that.

Manning is an innovator, Brady is a copy-cat and a system QB. Fact.

I can't believe these people get paid to write this trash.

Journalism at its finest.

*insert massive fucking eyeroll here*

So a few team stats favor Brady, therefore he's better. Brady never had any good receivers except for Welker and Troy Brown. Oh wait, how silly of me, there's also Randy fucking Moss, Chad Johnson, Joey Galloway (although Johnson and Galloway were horrible when they played there), Deion Branch, and his newer receivers Gronk and Hernandez. That whole argument of "not having receivers" is such bullshit. The Saints' receivers aren't great either, no where near the level of Harrison and Wayne and yet Drew Brees puts up insane personal numbers. And besides, let's just assume that he's correct and during the early years of Brady's career when he had "no receivers", how was it they managed to win 3 Super Bowls and yet are 0-2 since acquiring good receivers? Oh gee, I dunno, maybe because IT'S A FUCKING TEAM GAME YOU CUNT!

And congratulations on misinterpreting a quote by Brady you retard. That quote of Brady saying "Manning set the stage..." wasn't meant to mean that because they have a killer rivalry and are both super competitive that it elevated Brady's play. He means that Manning inspired Brady, simple as that.

I can't believe these people get paid to write this trash.

agreed on most of what you said. peyton manning is the greatest QB of the last 15 years

So a few team stats favor Brady, therefore he's better. Brady never had any good receivers except for Welker and Troy Brown. Oh wait, how silly of me, there's also Randy fucking Moss, Chad Johnson, Joey Galloway (although Johnson and Galloway were horrible when they played there), Deion Branch, and his newer receivers Gronk and Hernandez. That whole argument of "not having receivers" is such bullshit.

Yeah I think it's insane that the author forgot Randy Moss, but I also think it's insane that you brought up Joey Galloway and Chad Johnson. Did their name recognition help the Pats win games, because they didn't do shit on the field.

I think it's very biased of you to downplay the fact that Manning had one Hall of Fame and another elite WR for the majority of his career. Brady had that kind of receiver for three years in Moss. That's it. He also didn't have a borderline HoF RB for most of his career. Dillon was a beast in 2004, but for the most part the Pats have not had top tier RBs. James had 5 1,000 yard seasons in 7 years (and was 11 yards away from a 6th) and had three seasons over 1,500 yards. You cannot downplay how much that sort of running game helps a QB (and yes, I realize that it was reciprocal, but no other Colt RB came close to James's production while playing with Manning, so let's give the man some credit).

Come on man, that's a totally unfair evaluation. If you have actually watched Brady play over the past decade and can honestly say he's just a system QB you are obviously not looking close enough, or you are just extremely biased. This guy has insane talent and is a wonderfully cerebral QB, probably second only to Manning in that aspect of the game, as far as modern QBs go.

All in all I don't really have an answer for who I think is better. It's sort of like debating Marino vs. Montana or something like that. Both have their virtues and picking one totally depends on the perspective you choose to take.

You said the correct two words Crims..."biased" and "unfair". Its why I can't frequent here as much...not that anyone gives a shit. Brady has been so far from a system QB for a long time now and has been one of the main innovators in the NFL. Simply a master general on the field especially now running the hurry up...its a thing of beauty to watch.

Yeah I think it's insane that the author forgot Randy Moss, but I also think it's insane that you brought up Joey Galloway and Chad Johnson. Did their name recognition help the Pats win games, because they didn't do shit on the field.

Chad Johnson and Joey Galloway were good receivers, it had nothing to do with name recognition. The fact remains that Brady has had weapons over the course of his career. Dismissing those players is an insult to them and unjustly props up Brady. Pats fans used to bitch and moan about this very same thing, "Well if Brady had the weapons that Manning had he'd put up great numbers too." What they failed to realize is that by adding these "weapons" you completely change the dynamic of the team, going from less of a defense oriented, and a game controlling offense to a big show insane stats offense with a mediocre defense. They're two different eras in Patriots history, two completely different teams, and the stats and championships should speak for themselves but there continues to be complete retards who like to give all of the credit to Brady for the Patriots success earlier in the last decade when it wasn't him who was the one who propelled those teams to greatness, it was their defense, Vinatieri, and Bill Belichick cheating his ass off.

I think it's very biased of you to downplay the fact that Manning had one Hall of Fame and another elite WR for the majority of his career. Brady had that kind of receiver for three years in Moss. That's it. He also didn't have a borderline HoF RB for most of his career. Dillon was a beast in 2004, but for the most part the Pats have not had top tier RBs. James had 5 1,000 yard seasons in 7 years (and was 11 yards away from a 6th) and had three seasons over 1,500 yards. You cannot downplay how much that sort of running game helps a QB (and yes, I realize that it was reciprocal, but no other Colt RB came close to James's production while playing with Manning, so let's give the man some credit).

I didn't downplay anything, I'm keeping it real. During the time the Patriots were in their dynasty years the Colts offense was arguably the best in the game, and their defense was and pretty much always has been atrocious. The Patriots on the other hand had one of the best defense in the league, and an above average offense. The point is, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that "Brady" had more success, he was on better TEAMS than Manning was.

Come on man, that's a totally unfair evaluation. If you have actually watched Brady play over the past decade and can honestly say he's just a system QB you are obviously not looking close enough, or you are just extremely biased. This guy has insane talent and is a wonderfully cerebral QB, probably second only to Manning in that aspect of the game, as far as modern QBs go.

I never said he was bad. I actually believe the opposite. If there was any other QB in the league I'd want on my team as the QB it'd be Brady, easily. But perspective is kind of hard to keep when the guy is routinely propped up and build his "legend" on something he was a smaller part of than people claim. The same cannot be said for Manning.

Essentially, I see Brady as a phenomenal cover band, as close to the real thing (Manning) as you can get.

You said the correct two words Crims..."biased" and "unfair". Its why I can't frequent here as much...not that anyone gives a shit. Brady has been so far from a system QB for a long time now and has been one of the main innovators in the NFL. Simply a master general on the field especially now running the hurry up...its a thing of beauty to watch.

Oh really, and what did he innovate?

I said one of the main innovators in the more recent age of the NFL. You need to realize that Peyton is not the only qb doing things. And more recently guys like Rogers, Brees, Brady, have done just as well if not even better. Did you not see Brady set the record for most first downs...how he controlled the game...they dominated offensively against the Broncos.Heck I'd even take Eli over his bro these days. Its pointless to do this again...as I said you're way too biased and unfair when it comes to qb talk.