NFL 2016

Terrible game today. Tons of penalties again. The loss of Lane Johnson is seriously gonna hurt us. Went from an elite RT to a 5th round rookie who looks like a 5th round rookie. Not sure what's up with the D-line but they've really fallen off the past two weeks.

Dak had a headscratcher of an INT to finally end the record streak (can only figure he thought Witten was turning around on the option instead of coming across), and the team was a bit sloppy in the 2nd quarter on the defensive side of the ball, but ultimately that "#1 Rushing D" turned out to be no match the Dallas Ground and Pound. After watching the Eagles get gashed today on the ground, I'm still wondering when "the real test!" is going to come. Dak completely outclassed Rodgers, and the Dallas D continues to surprise. Shaping up to be a good year.

Good game vs Seahawks even if a loss.

Refs screwed the Falcons at the end.

Edit: :lol:

4osht3D.jpg

Last edited:
I just saw a tweet that says Romo's contract has a 40mil cap hit if he's reitrement/released after this season haha

Unless I missed something somewhere, that's way incorrect. It's still a chunk of change though, nearly 20mil.

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...es-what-happens-if-tony-romo-retires-in-2016/

How you feeling about the Bills right now? I always liked Shady, just hated that he was on the Eagles. Now I can enjoy his game safely away in the other conference.

Oops, misread it. Would have been 40 this year according to this tweet;

To those asking about Romo, most mortgaged contract in NFL. Release/retirement this year would have left $40.4M Cap hit. Next year: $19.6M.

McCoy is seriously so sick this season. He was pretty good last year but literally carrying out offense since Roman got canned. It's insane too, he runs the power downs and can still dominate between the tackles and open field. Tyrod did good yesterday, but playing against the 49ers helps that big time. Should be real interesting to see our next test, I think its the Pats in 2 weeks.

Defense has gone into normal Rex mode, I think if the 49ers and Rams were better offensively we might have lost or got scared in both games. Feels good though, I bought tickets to the Steelers game in December before the season started and its looking more and more competitive by the day.

McCoy is seriously so sick this season. He was pretty good last year but literally carrying out offense since Roman got canned. It's insane too, he runs the power downs and can still dominate between the tackles and open field. Tyrod did good yesterday, but playing against the 49ers helps that big time. Should be real interesting to see our next test, I think its the Pats in 2 weeks.

Defense has gone into normal Rex mode, I think if the 49ers and Rams were better offensively we might have lost or got scared in both games. Feels good though, I bought tickets to the Steelers game in December before the season started and its looking more and more competitive by the day.

Yeah the Pats are still, frustratingly, the gatekeepers for the AFC. I would love to see a Dallas v Bills SB :D

Nah, i've only seen those on VHS :loco:

Have to get past the Vikings first!

Meh, I'm not saying Dallas is gonna roll em up, but Zeke + that Oline is on pace to break Dickerson's rookie record. I think Sam Bradford has more reason to be worried. The Viking offense isn't great and Dallas is 8th in PA right. Seattle and Atlanta are more concerning atm imo.

I'm with ya, AFC it looks like Pats and one of Raiders/Broncos are the two best.

NFC im only buying into the Vikes and Cowboys as of today.

You guys play December 1st though, that should be an amazing game

I'm with ya, AFC it looks like Pats and one of Raiders/Broncos are the two best.

NFC im only buying into the Vikes and Cowboys as of today.

You guys play December 1st though, that should be an amazing game

I'll take the Bills right now over all the other 4-2 teams in the AFC, all the rest have questions. I think the Raiders are still a year away, but they are trending up and Denver is trending down for now. I think all of the division leaders in the NFC are legit. The only team I can't figure out is the Redskins, and ultimately the inconsistency of Cousins brings me to leave them out for now. Right now if I had to pick early NFC playoff picture for the end of the season it would be:

1. Dallas
2. Minnesota
3. Atlanta
4. Seattle
5. Washington
6. Detroit

I think 2-4 could be reshuffled any way you want though and Detroit could get bumped by a couple of teams. The NFC East currently has every team sitting at .500 or better but I think the Giants are more lucky than good and the Eagles are going to get exposed by the remaining schedule. The fact that the Redskins didn't have a blowout on the scoreboard in the game against the Eagles is why I'm not completely sold on them, but the Eagles defense was completely exposed, and Wentz had almost half of his yards on one pass.

All of my comments/predictions obv come with no further major injuries to any of these teams, which is certainly going to happen.

What I'm wondering is if Dallas keeps Romo on the bench in favor of Dak, and Dak keeps playing as he has and Zeke does sniff or break the rookie rushing record: Who gets ROTY?

^^ You dont think the Pats will be a playoff contender? Id have been onboard with the Steelers as well if Roethlisberger wasnt going in for meniscus surgery. He might be back for the playoffs if they can continue to win, but that is definitely a big question mark.

Bradford is actually better than he has been given credit for, but I dont think he can be as clutch as Dak. Seriously the Cowboys are on a roll, and their D is good enough to stomp the Packers at home. Definitely not a stretch to project them as a SB contender. Especially with their QB situation come the post-season. If Romo comes back healthy and for some reason or other gets re injured or cant deliver, Dak has shown that he has what it takes to win games. Im honestly as impressed with him as the hype suggests, not to mention the team around him is fucking solid.

As for the Bills, I think the Pats redemption game will be a sight to see. We may have got shut out by them a couple of weeks ago (fucking injured 3rd string QB offense couldnt deliver), but Brady came back strong as expected, so dont expect such an easy game. I dont know how effective our D will be against the current McCoy, but I still predict a big win here.

^^ You dont think the Pats will be a playoff contender?

Yeah the Pats are still, frustratingly, the gatekeepers for the AFC.

Id have been onboard with the Steelers as well if Roethlisberger wasnt going in for meniscus surgery. He might be back for the playoffs if they can continue to win, but that is definitely a big question mark.

Yeah I'd have been on board for the Steelers but losing to the Dolphins without Ben is a huge question mark going forward.

Heh. clearly because aikman's name is on it this rating has more credibility than others right? I know when I want unbiased statistical computations, I think of Troy aikman..

You don't have to like them /shrug. It's not like it's a new thing or it's just Aikman sitting at his computer running an Excel sheet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/13/sports/tv-sports-in-numbers-game-aikmans-add-up.html

It's probably better than the PFF grading/ranking system, which necessarily has subjective elements:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl-power-rankings/

Dal #2
Buf #6

You could also use Football Outsiders, which is probably more similar to the AER approach:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

Buf#3
Dal#5