NFL 2016

QBs are dropping like flies, that'd be a mistake. Who'd even take a QB? He can come to Buffalo <3

Dude, you've got Ty-fucking-rod. But yeah, within a couple of weeks Dallas has the best backup QB in the league, regardless of who starts.

Tyrod just got outplayed by Case Keenum =/ He's been terrible outside of running this year

You got the dubya buddy. Dalton had an equal to or better stat line than Dak, doesn't mean anything. Dak was money when it counted and Dalton racked up garbage time yardage/completions. Dak would have been 19/24 with another key 3rd down conversion if Witten hadn't dropped a pass. Witten is maybe the best all around TE in the history of the NFL but father time is slowly catching up with him and he will occasionally whiff on a pass.

Why you talking about Dalton and Witten? rofl

Tyrod still isn't throwing well and really can't be considered a long term option imo...McCoy has been a life saver this season

Why you talking about Dalton and Witten? rofl

Tyrod still isn't throwing well and really can't be considered a long term option imo...McCoy has been a life saver this season

Because they are relevant? Anywho, yeah Tyrod isn't a "franchise QB" but he's at least average. I've been a fan of McCoy though for a while; I think he's a rare talent - and I'm glad Chip got him out of the NFC East.

Quite a few teams would want him I'm sure.

Imagine if they got a single first rounder for him. Talk about the win of the century.

Yeah supposedly the Jets have inquired. Romo has been compared to and has expressed admiration for Favre, but I'd hate for his career to have a similar end without the early Super Bowl win. He deserved better but it's looking likely that he won't get Elway like redemption.

Went and watched the Steelers beat up on the Jets today. Fuck I'm getting old. Sitting at the game and 5+ hrs in the car have absolutely drained me of every ounce of energy.

Reactions: Draehl
You got the dubya buddy. Dalton had an equal to or better stat line than Dak, doesn't mean anything. Dak was money when it counted and Dalton racked up garbage time yardage/completions. Dak would have been 19/24 with another key 3rd down conversion if Witten hadn't dropped a pass. Witten is maybe the best all around TE in the history of the NFL but father time is slowly catching up with him and he will occasionally whiff on a pass.

I think I remember the announcers saying that the dropped Witten pass was thrown a tad behind him (and being in traffic he needed a quick grab), but it definitely looked to me like he should have caught it. But didnt he have another dropped pass, or am I mistaken?

Definitely a great TE though. That one linebacker got stiff-armed to the ground like a bitch. The guy is a beast, thats for sure.

I think I remember the announcers saying that the dropped Witten pass was thrown a tad behind him (and being in traffic he needed a quick grab), but it definitely looked to me like he should have caught it. But didnt he have another dropped pass, or am I mistaken?

Definitely a great TE though. That one linebacker got stiff-armed to the ground like a bitch. The guy is a beast, thats for sure.

Not the 3rd down pass, it was in front of him. He had both hands on it but took his eyes off to look upfield. That stiff arm was nice, reminded me of 07-09 Witten in his prime.

@Black Orifice

I think I deserve some credit for being pro-Dak before the draft. Dallas needs to hire me as draft QC :D

Hehe, great call on that one. Don't you have to be a yes-man to Jerr'eh for that role though? :p

If Dak beats Green Bay, I think Dallas would be better off keeping him as the starter. Romo is a better QB in terms of skill, but a new team culture has come together under Dak and disrupting it would be damaging IMHO--not too mention the fact that, if things did go sour with a Romo return, whether or not putting Dak back in could bring back the positive culture currently there is questionable. I've been a Romo lover for years, but the team has something going right now.

Hehe, great call on that one. Don't you have to be a yes-man to Jerr'eh for that role though? :p

If Dak beats Green Bay, I think Dallas would be better off keeping him as the starter. Romo is a better QB in terms of skill, but a new team culture has come together under Dak and disrupting it would be damaging IMHO--not too mention the fact that, if things did go sour with a Romo return, whether or not putting Dak back in could bring back the positive culture currently there is questionable. I've been a Romo lover for years, but the team has something going right now.

I could work with Stephen, I don't think I could work with ol JJ. I'm surprised no one thought it was my hoping for coincidence with the username thing. I looked at all the QBs getting tied to Dallas and Dak was the one that I thought had the IT factor, but I had no idea he'd perform this well straight away. As well as he has performed this said loads regarding how bad the crop of backup QBs last year were.

I agree that if Dallas does to GB what they did to Cincy Dak needs to stay in until he gives a reason to come out. I'm also a Romo fan, but you don't mess with a good thing. Romo is going to be on this team through next year simply by virtue of the salary cap, but it's a luxury to have the highest paid backup in the NFL that could come in and throw home runs if needed. I was ruthless on Madden franchises when it came to succession, and I'm having to go there with this one. I think Dak has a higher ceiling than Romo, and it's only going to delay future brilliance by benching him trying to give Romo his Elway ending.

Dak and Zeke went into the HOF as a dynamic rookie duo, and Dak won his game, but Wentz threw a game ending INT that has had Eagles fans irritated. Wentz has been doing what he has asked but it's obvious most of what he is asked to do is throw either behind the LOS or near it. These numbers support that analysis as do some others:

30 QB with most attempts
The top 10 rated passers are in bold.
ayd = air yards, or yards at catch (measured from LOS to point of reception)
comp = completions

1 (22) Palmer 729 ayd 90 comp 8.10
2 (10) Wilson 653 ayd 87 comp 7.51
3 (27) Winston 876 ayd 121 comp 7.24
4 (4) Rthlsbrgr 907 yd 126 comp 7.20
5 (1) Ryan 831 ayd 116 comp 7.16

6 (28) Keenum 626 ayd 88 comp 7.11
7 (13) Luck 907 ayd 131 comp 6.92
8 (24) Newton 532 ayd 77 comp 6.90
9 (29) Osweiler 714 ayd 109 comp 6.55
10 (12) Dalton 821 ayd 126 comp 6.52
11 (31) Fitzpatrick 707 ayd 111 comp 6.37
12 (16) Taylor 545 ayd 86 comp 6.34
13 (8) Prescott 678 ayd 107 comp 6.34
14 (23) Mariota 625 ayd 99 comp 6.31
15 (5) Rivers 849 ayd 135 comp 6.28
16 (21) Tannehill 626 ayd 100 comp 6.26
17 (30) Gabbert 544 ayd 87 comp 6.25
18 (15) Cousins 800 ayd 129 comp 6.20
19 (2) Bradford 565 ayd 88 comp 6.20
20 (14) Siemian 606 ayd 99 comp 6.12
21 (11) Brees 695 ayd 116 comp 5.99
22 (3) Hoyer 581 ayd 100 comp 5.81
23 (19) Rodgers 451 ayd 78 comp 5.78
24 (7) Carr 742 ayd 129 comp 5.75
25 (20) Manning 664 ayd 119 comp 5.58
26 (25) Flacco 737 ayd 138 comp 5.34
27 (9) Stafford 626 ayd 123 comp 5.09
28 (6) Wentz 462 ayd 91 comp 5.08

29 (18) Smith 549 ayd 109 comp 5.04
30 (26) Bortles 478 ayd 98 comp 4.88

Wentz is buried at the bottom of the chart, and only 3 passers with more ayd than Prescott are in the top 10 passer ratings. If you look at TQBR via ESPN, only 1 is (Matt Ryan). Despite 3 out of 5 ROTW awards for Wentz, Dak is playing better by the stats test in nearly every category, and imo by the eye test as well. Plus the Eagles D is much better than the Cowboys D, and Dallas has been without the #1 WR, starting LT, starting RG etc etc at various points throughout this time, and the RB is a rookie (despite the high pick). I think Wentz is going to have a fine career, but the EC bias is in full bloom.

I'd be happiest if Dak won the super bowl in his rookie year and put fucking Romo to shame for all his struggles. it'd be funny if you guys bring Romo back and fail miserably with him also though. Just barely missing the playoffs would be enjoyable.

how did you end up a cowboys fan on the east coast anyway

I'd be happiest if Dak won the super bowl in his rookie year and put fucking Romo to shame for all his struggles. it'd be funny if you guys bring Romo back and fail miserably with him also though. Just barely missing the playoffs would be enjoyable.

Yeah I'm still torn on switching mid season. Rooms last full season was great but now we are talking two years ago. Rust and all that. Another 8-8 campaign without significant injuries would probably put coaching staff in trouble.

how did you end up a cowboys fan on the east coast anyway

My family consisted of Redskins fans and I liked the colors navy/silver and cowboys. That's how five year olds pick teams :p . The helmet is the best in football.

Edit:
http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/16/demarco-murray-trade-eagles-cowboys-titans-2016/

Since Dallas got Zeke I'm glad this fell through. Nothing against Murray really but that contract and his age vs Zeke's age/cost/ceiling - I know what I'm taking.

Last edited: