NFL 2016

Definitely a cowgirl if you call that a "hit"

Romo has been absolutely drilled, way late, on multiple occasions, and drew nary a penalty.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/roughing-the-passer?year=2015

2nd-half Roughing the Passer Calls, since 2006
Rodgers 16
Brees 13
Brady 12
Rothlisbrgr 6
PManning 4
Romo 1

Pass Attempts per 2nd-half RTP Call, since 2006
Rodgers every 192 att
Brady every 224 att
Brees every 242 att
Roethlsbrgr every 391 att
PManning every 609 att
Romo every 2,209 att

You know stats. Things have to even out. It was contact after the whistle. It might be ticky-tack, but it wasn't a bad call.

An absolutely horrible call. Dak was moving forward (gaining yards), had not given up, and the player hit him in a harmless way. Only a Cowboy fan would deny it was a shit call.

That said, Prescott has looked good in the second quarter.

As for the early games, the Falcons have my attention. Beating the hell out of the Saints defense is one thing, doing it to the Panthers D is another. Jones was phenomenal and the offense as a whole was magnificent both through the air and on the groun. There was a stretch in the first half when they were getting a first down on virtually every play.

Reactions: Draehl
An absolutely horrible call. Dak was moving forward (gaining yards), had not given up, and the player hit him in a harmless way. Only a Cowboy fan would deny it was a shit call.

The whistle blew, it doesn't matter what Dak was doing. The player flagged was closer than anyone to the ref too. They did a slowmo replay to confirm and even Buck had to admit it (and he hates the Cowboys).

As for the early games, the Falcons have my attention. Beating the hell out of the Saints defense is one thing, doing it to the Panthers D is another. Jones was phenomenal and the offense as a whole was magnificent both through the air and on the groun. There was a stretch in the first half when they were getting a first down on virtually every play.

Yeah the Falcons are looking legit this year.

Reactions: Draehl
I'm happy with how Dallas responded early on with the quick 14-0 hole. Dallas is missing more than a quarter of their projected starters combined from both sides of the ball at this point, including QB. To be 3-1 despite their QB and LT is huge, particularly in the NFC East with how the other division clubs are shaping up. There's a whole different atmosphere this time, despite Romo being on the sideline again.

I'm especially happy with Claiborne right now. Dak and Zeke are obvious points of focus, so I'm going to look elsewhere. Claiborne has looked like a massive bust up to last year, but he is really beginning to rewrite the narrative. Hoping he continues to give the club the hometown discount for believing in him throughout the injuries and selfdoubt.

Sunday Garrett:

jason-garrett-wiffs-on-3-straight-high-fives.gif

Monday Garrett:

jason-garrett-press-conference-2013-2014-dallas-cowboys-vs-denver-broncosgame-tape-reviewed.jpg

It makes me happy that that punkass with the popcorn hair is being frustrated and fucking up his team, to the point that T-Hurdle (still hold that shit against him) was relegating him to a non-factor. But I think the Vikings D is really good.

Missed the game, but I had a good laugh when I heard about OBJ throwing another tantrum. Watching some replays shows me that this kid is just fucking losing it. Great talent, but it looks like CBs just need to get a little physical with him and he rages. I wouldnt be surprised if all of his matchups start being like this.

Apparently he isnt having fun anymore.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Dak
Super sloppy performance from the Eagles. Way too many avoidable penalties and a terrible fumble by Mathews at a point when we probably could have wrapped up the game.

Yeah, this is the first full Eagles game I've had the time to watch, and I'm wondering where the team was that rolled over the Steelers. I think the Eagles scored with Wentz overall but maybe after the performance today the media will get off his nuts a little. His deep passing needs a lot of work, and the scheme mostly asks him to throw very short if not behind the line. I liked (or considering he's an Eagle, didn't like) how composed he was on the sidelines after the Lions took the lead.....but then again he threw an ugly pick after being so calm. I think he'll probably bounce back fine though.

Dallas O-Line with the Landry shift again. Great stuff. Dak is unequivocally off to the best rookie QB start in NFL history, and just a few passes shy now of Brady's record of career starting passes without a pick. Sharpe, Smith, and all the other media loud mouths and "experts" were picking the Bengals to "expose" Dallas without Dez and Tony. Dallas just lined up and punched the Bengals in the mouth all day. I'm not saying Dallas will definitely beat Green Bay at home but I don't think anyone is going to be sleeping on them now.