NFL 2016

Yea, god fucking dammit. He only needed to last for 4 games and he had to take a bad spill. I just read an article that confirmed it to be a sprained AC joint, so it could have been worse, but I guarantee he wont be playing on Thursday against the Texans. It sucks because Jimmy G was really getting into the groove of the Pats offense in a way that I havent seen a backup do since Matt Cassel replaced Brady back in 2008 and ended the season going 11-5 (missed the playoffs unfortunately, but they were firing on all cylinders). Still, even if we go 2-2 before Brady returns, that is about all I expected from Jimmy to begin with. I guess time will tell if Jimmy's injury is bad enough to sideline him against the Bills in 2 weeks.

Given that mechanism of injury, comparing him to Romo in the context of being injury prone is somewhat unfair. Most QBs in the league would be hurting after such an injury, and it doesnt seem like his collorbone is broken at this point in time.

It's not how you start is how you finish. Patriots suck. Colts in the Super Bowl.

Keep telling yourself that. That Broncos game was fucking embarrassing. Luck looked like a rookie out there, and that pick 6 by Talib was fucking hilarious. Super Bowl team? You are delusional. They are 0-2 for a reason.

Unlike the Pats this season, the Colts show no sign of being a threat on either side of the ball. Brady comes back in week 5, so if anything the Pats will come back stronger later into the season (like always). We are winning games without Brady and Gronk (who at this point should just wait till Brady is back), so the injury to our backup will at worst result in us being 2-2 before getting a huge offensive upgrade. Our team is similar enough in quality to last year, and we only missed the Super Bowl by 2 points in the 4th.

Again, I was really impressed by Wentz on Monday night. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a rookie quarterback come in and do some of the pre-snap things I'm seeing Wentz do. Add to that his evident skillset and it's hard to not be excited avout the future of this team.

I've also been really impressed by Doug Peterson (who I was not excited about hiring). He's called two very good games, has managed the clock well and shows a predilection for agression when the numbers our on his side (i.e. Frequently going for it on 4th down). Granted, this will eventually burn us, but probablity suggests it will help more often than it will hurt.

I'm looking forward to the Steelers this week. Definitely a much tougher opponent, so I'm eager to see how Wentz and Peterson handle it.

Keep telling yourself that. That Broncos game was fucking embarrassing. Luck looked like a rookie out there, and that pick 6 by Talib was fucking hilarious. Super Bowl team? You are delusional. They are 0-2 for a reason.

Unlike the Pats this season, the Colts show no sign of being a threat on either side of the ball. Brady comes back in week 5, so if anything the Pats will come back stronger later into the season (like always). We are winning games without Brady and Gronk (who at this point should just wait till Brady is back), so the injury to our backup will at worst result in us being 2-2 before getting a huge offensive upgrade. Our team is similar enough in quality to last year, and we only missed the Super Bowl by 2 points in the 4th.

Just like the Patriots you're full of it.

Just like the Patriots you're full of it.

At least I have mentioned reasons why I think we have a good team this year. Devolving into trash talk is enjoying football at it's lowest common denominator.

Again, I was really impressed by Wentz on Monday night. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a rookie quarterback come in and do some of the pre-snap things I'm seeing Wentz do. Add to that his evident skillset and it's hard to not be excited avout the future of this team.

I've also been really impressed by Doug Peterson (who I was not excited about hiring). He's called two very good games, has managed the clock well and shows a predilection for agression when the numbers our on his side (i.e. Frequently going for it on 4th down). Granted, this will eventually burn us, but probablity suggests it will help more often than it will hurt.

I'm looking forward to the Steelers this week. Definitely a much tougher opponent, so I'm eager to see how Wentz and Peterson handle it.

They looked good, but that game kind of looked more like a Bears implosion than anything else. The Steelers game will definitely be a good test for them. Im not too sure about the coaching decisions made with regards to RB selection though. Sproles is a great back (one of my personal favorites tbh), but attempting to utilize him as a power back is just going to get him crushed.

Should be a dog fight, slight edge to the Steelers imo.

Tonight's win was a combination of fantastic coaching and stellar team play. That offensive game plan was an impromptu work of art, the Texans D seemed completely clueless as to how to respond. It isn't even like Brisset was particularly good, but ill complement him on his perfect execution of the game plan laid out for him in such a high profile game. Belichick proves his mastermind status as a head coach yet again. The defense and special teams also played incredibly well tonight; I was not expecting the Texans to get completely shut out. Pats are continuing to look more and more legit this year.

excited about the cardinals chances this year. maybe this is the year.

and yeah im no eagles fan (easily the least hate-able NFC east team tho), but it's hard to dislike Wentz.

They looked good, but that game kind of looked more like a Bears implosion than anything else. The Steelers game will definitely be a good test for them. Im not too sure about the coaching decisions made with regards to RB selection though. Sproles is a great back (one of my personal favorites tbh), but attempting to utilize him as a power back is just going to get him crushed.

Should be a dog fight, slight edge to the Steelers imo.

Yeah running Sproles on the goaline when you have Mathews was a very bad choice. However, I like that he adjusted the play call on the very next play.

And yeah the Steelers are the better team and are deserved favorites. The Eagles secondary is gonna struggle if the front four can't get a better pass rush. I think the offense can hold their own, but to win Wentz needs to continue to avoid big mistakes and the receivers need to do a better job of taking advantage of their opportunities (i.e. not dropping a ton of catchable balls).

I was wondering if you'd bring up this old discussion!

I think it shows a lot that Brissett didn't throw (I didn't watch, going off box score) and we saw a decreased amount of throwing from Garoppolo compared to Brady, but Blount has done really well.

I can't believe Belichick is this much better than every coach -- something has to be going on.

Reactions: Dak
I grabbed Blount in my public league draft as a late flyer. Rumbling to some points as my starting back now lol

But yeah, I hate Belichick big time but I think it's pretty clear at this point that despite being a cheater, dude is on another level as a coach. If he's still cheating too he's on another level at that as well. Simply ridiculous.

So now Brissett is hurt. If Belichick wins with some QB off the street now, what does that say about Brady?

Ive already seen rumors that suggest information about Brissett's injury was leaked just to play head games with Rex. As for making qualitative judgments about Brady in this case, I dont think it is entirely fair. The guy has proven that he is able to make reads and play situational football at a high level. Compared with the entirely scripted play-calling of Brissett's game, and Garoppolo's decent but not spectacular play, I see Brady as being far better. Just think, Garappolo got first string reps in the off-season, and has had more than 2 years to learn the plays. He is not a rookie and had plenty of time to train, teams dont have enough tape on him to learn his tendencies, and also you would expect the Pats (or any team who is competent) to keep a backup who is at least capable of pulling off wins first thing in the season.

I was wondering if you'd bring up this old discussion!

I think it shows a lot that Brissett didn't throw (I didn't watch, going off box score) and we saw a decreased amount of throwing from Garoppolo compared to Brady, but Blount has done really well.

I can't believe Belichick is this much better than every coach -- something has to be going on.

His win-loss record isnt exactly unprecedented. Mike McCarthy currently has close to the same win-loss percentage in his time with the Packers for instance. In a game of tactics, coaching is extremely important. Tbh I think the league puts too much emphasis on clutch players and not enough on actual team strategy. It almost seems rare nowadays that a coach is allowed to develop with any sort of consistency, and if they dont win immediately they are out.

This season is evidence that Belichick knows how to utilize the team that he helped train and build over the years. A change of players at one position shouldnt entirely make or break a team that is already well built. The QB position is definitely the most important on the field, but you cant win games with only a good QB.

With this past game, if the defense didnt shut out the Texans offense, and the special teams didnt set them up for a few TDs, the result of this game could easily have been different. Brissett was definitely the weakest link on the team, but it was accounted for in a way that gave Blount one of the best games of his career, and some of the most QB friendly plays ive ever seen in the NFL.

But yeah, I hate Belichick big time but I think it's pretty clear at this point that despite being a cheater, dude is on another level as a coach. If he's still cheating too he's on another level at that as well. Simply ridiculous.

Meh, they really dont cheat anymore than most other teams, it just seems to be more publicized when they do. I truly believe that Belichick knew nothing about deflategate for instance. Tbh I think Brady was guilty and deserves the suspension. It's really no worse than a failed drug test for PEDs though, which happens all the time throughout the league. Considering his cold personality I do understand the hate for Belichick, but I feel like he is the epitome of the idea of a professional football coach (aka a fucking hardass). I prefer my coach to act professional rather than childish and prone to provocation like Rex Ryan for example.