NFL 2016

k3vm2u.jpg

Reactions: Dak
Giants admit they can play better, they have it going on, they're going to beat the Patriots.

@Dak Jerry can't really want to trade Romo right? He can't be that dumb, right?

The smart thing to do from a team perspective is just keep him. There's minimal cap space to gain with a trade unless the team taking him takes on the entire contract, which is unlikely (but possible). However, Romo is practically Jerry's grandson, so if Romo isn't getting the start it's possible he gets dealt.

Dak Prescott, a 4th round comp pick rookie, currently leads the NFL in QBR by over a point and a half over Tom Brady @ #2, and nearly 10pts over the 3rd place Brees. EZE, a rookie, leads the NFL in rushing by 150+ yards over the nearest challenger (the x-Dallas Demarco Murray, the RB which the Eagles couldn't use or wait to jettison). Record win streak, record rookie performances. Yet somehow Dallas is still in danger of a wildcard if they don't win both of the next two games, particularly the game against the Giants (when 10 wins would have won the division last year, and 3 years ago, and several of the years before that.). Dallas can challenge for a SB this year but that will depend heavily on defensive health/performance down the stretch.

HOWEVER: Dallas can go almost all in on DEEEEEEE this offseason. Gonna be threatening 16-0 next season, regardless of the outcome. All those haters gonna be fulltime for the next 5 years +. Garrett is young, the GREAT WALL OF DALLAS is young, Dak is young, EZE is young. We can fill in the blanks. HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!

Last edited:
oof I actually feel bad for ya Dak. That hype train is going to come crashing down starting this year and well into next year. If you know anything thing about Football, everything you just said, is about to blow up in your face

Let me enjoy this!

But yeah, Zeke will prob be the next Gale Sayers, Dak will decide his true calling is becoming a figure skater, and the online leaves to start a metal band.

I still feel for the pitiful Romo, but the Cowboys made the right decision to kick him to the curb. The durability concerns are real with him, and quite honestly id be willing to bet that he cant move in the pocket like he used to. At the very least, if Dak gets hurt, the Cowboys have the best backup in the league for the rest of the season.

Enough Cowboys talk for now, im gonna vent a bit about the Pats. So Gronk, injured yet again. They also claim it is nothing serious, but there isnt a team in the league that has more deceptive injury reporting so I dont know (it is a recurring condition after all). Im honestly starting to doubt that Gronk has much of a career left, and honestly id rather see them give him a couple of weeks to recover rather them beating him up during the rest of the regular season. Im at the point where when I see him go out and make a play, I cringe and hope he doesnt get hurt every time. I would say just give Bennett the reps, but he is also nursing an ankle injury. Honestly I just wished Brady would start giving his WR core some love instead of depending on power TEs. Mitchell smoking Revis all night was really satisfying.

That said, even Brady looks like the hits are getting to him. Even though we pulled out the win, he overshot a lot of targets, which some analysts are chalking up to be because he had to miss practice because of his knee. He looked like a young calf trying to run when he did a run block effort for Blount, which is probably just about the funniest play ive ever seen by him. Nobody touched him either, which was somewhat unusual (anybody have a good explanation for this?)

Also Malcolm Butler. Fuck me, this guy is like Swiss cheese in man to man. I respect his instincts on a handful of defensive plays (and that crucial turnover), but I worry that teams will be exploiting him because of his inability to cover receivers effectively.

Belichick generally seems to approach things by forcing players to do things his way, whatever that is at the time. If Butler can't cover man to man I'd expect to see him gone before you suddenly start seeing more zone scheming....unless there's a team that does a poor job against zone schemes.

To be evenhanded, the Giants D expenditure seems to have gone better than the Eagles FA experiment of 2011 or whatever it was. They are #5 of the AER (Defense), and they were 20 last year at this time.

I'd like to send a Texas sized thank you to the Texans for being just as terrible as the Colts and allowing them to have a chance at the playoffs still.

lol this division is an abomination

Rob Ryan is a yuuuge problem. Dude has been pathetic everywhere he has DCd.

I'd like to thank the rest of the NFC East for dropping games today. At least the Redskins were competitive, and I do not want to see those guys again in the playoffs. Too many weapons against a banged up secondary.