NHL 2014

Ha ha.That plays right into Bostons hands. Miller knocked Moen out of the game in thier tussle. This great rivalry brings out the nasty on both sides, but Montreal cant in no way match Bostons overall toughness. That meant a whole lot of nothing back in the day for Boston, just now the Bs have the skill to match the Habs...that was almost never the case.

What was all that shit about Lucic calling Emelin a chicken, that was a textbook hip check to be honest, wasn't low at all, he's thrown that hip check alot and he's one of the best at doing it.

He can't take a hit so he gets mad and spears him in the nads later in the game.

Fuck him. The crybaby is right there.

Nothing wrong with that hit. Obviously Lucic thought the hit was low and borderline, he isnt the first player to react that way to that type of hit. Lucic gets amped up over the littlest things...tries to use it as motivation wich he doesnt really need to do. For whatever reason he has had it out for Emelin all season...tries to crush him every shift. That said, I didnt think Lucic speared him, he tapped him on the ass with the toe of his stick and Lemelin went down like he was shot by a cannon. Lame stuff regardless.

Yeah that Emelin hit was a perfect hip check. Legal and very effective.

And god damn, we need more Gord Miller calling games for NBC!!! Love him.

Yeah that Emelin hit was a perfect hip check. Legal and very effective.

And god damn, we need more Gord Miller calling games for NBC!!! Love him.

Gord Miller is awesome man, his World Junior stuff calling the Canada games is classic

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else like the networks rivalry hype leading into the rivalry nite games? Featuring the past battles / rivalries, interviews with former players reflecting etc, has been good shit imo!

I think it's kind of stupid sometimes. Most of the time the teams they pick I wouldn't exactly call rivalries.

Ha ha...wtf really? Theyve recently been all over the Boston / Montreal and Flyers / Rangers, yes thank you!. Nah they arent rivals amirite? Get a clue.

Sometimes it's appropriate like you mentioned, but when have the Redwings and Avs REALLY gone at it like they used to? I'm talkin' bloody knuckle brawls and all. Most of the time I feel they pick two teams that are just a teanie tiny bit more competitive than they usually would be when they play each other that's all fuck I don't know what I'm talking about anyways.

Pens/Flyers
Habs/B's
Blues/Hawks

Are all legit rivalries nowadays and of course all original six teams hate each other.

I get what youre saying. The intensity is there, but when you see the old footage and battles hyped up til game time, then the live game falls a lil flat...kind of sux. Regardless, its still enjoyable to atleast see the old highlites. Still say the Wings / Avs (as you mentioned) battles of not too long ago, this was some of the best all around intense hockey ive ever seen. Guys like Adam Foote, Claude Lemieax, Stevie Y etc probably have a hard time simply walking around these days lol.

The Pens are just pathetic at this point. They can't even win games, 3 losses in a row jesus christ. They weren't all that impressive when they were healthy but with these injuries they're just awful.

Edit: And they have ANOTHER fucking injury, Marcel Goc is out with a lower body. This season is done.

The Pens are just pathetic at this point. They can't even win games, 3 losses in a row jesus christ. They weren't all that impressive when they were healthy but with these injuries they're just awful.

Edit: And they have ANOTHER fucking injury, Marcel Goc is out with a lower body. This season is done.

Dude, relax lol... The Pens have the most man games lost due to injuries than anyone else. Yet, they are still in the tops of the east. I hate the Pens, and i am aware about the playoff woes of late, but dude relax lol...