NHL 2014

It's basically Kessel, JVR, Lupul (when healthy), and a bunch of runts who either are always injured, inconsistent, or just plain suck.

Thank you Montreal for killing Ottawa! Tank Sens Tank!

Haha, when it was 3-0 within the first 5 minutes I was like oh hell no I'm not gonna watch this, and then the habs scored 2 quick ones. and then the 3rd. I was like shit this is wild. ended up winning 7-4.

Max Pacioretty/David Desharnais/Thomas Vanek is hands down the hottest line in the NHL right now, they are absolutely lighting it up right now.

Jesus christ what the hell happened to Toronto lol. They were in a nice comfortable playoff spot not too long ago and now they're back down in a dark hole with fucking New Jersey and Ottawa. I guess Leafs fans will be waiting another couple of decades or so before the next playoff run. And we'll probably be in flying cars by the time they actually win a cup again.

Jesus christ what the hell happened to Toronto lol. They were in a nice comfortable playoff spot not too long ago and now they're back down in a dark hole with fucking New Jersey and Ottawa. I guess Leafs fans will be waiting another couple of decades or so before the next playoff run. And we'll probably be in flying cars by the time they actually win a cup again.

That team is a joke man. Don't understand why anyone cheers for that team, it's an embarassement lol

The only reason people care is because they're an orginal six team and they're based in Canada. It's really a franchise trapped in the past, clinging to the glory days of old. Every franchise goes through it's ups and downs but the leafs have been bad for years. Yeah they've had a couple decent years where they've made the playoffs and shit and you can go ahead and blame Gretzky and and a few refs blowing a call or two. It still doesn't account for the years of countless other failures from it's management and players. I was happy to see them make the playoffs last year but now it's just sad. "Canada's hockey team" would have gone under years ago if they were based in America. I guess Leafs fans like spending their money to see a team lose oh well.

It's not easy picking winners. They overspent on FA and made a mistake on their coach, every team has done it. They have one top pick in Kessel and that's it, easy for a Pittsburgh fan to talk about dominance when they have been carried by 2 of Canada's finest hockey players, and Lemieux has been argued to be maybe the best if he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Toronto is the Cowboys of the NHL, they have a huge market and a huge fanbase. Why would people give up on them? What kind of dumb argument is this.

Shit this happened to the Red Sox two years ago and no one said Oh em gee why didn't everyone give up on them? They almost beat the Bruins last playoffs, Reimer choked gm7 but they are a good team missing a few holes.

There is a reason the NHL is my fave sport. The game itself, the possibility of anything happening, many teams having a chance and the passion of its fan-base! That being said the passion is borderline delusional and beyond knee-jerk at times. Dont get how fans give up so easily on thier teams. I get the frustration with teams like Toronto, but theyre not really that far off from being in the mix. A short time ago they were up 3 in a game-7 against a team that made it to the Cup.

Then you have the Pens and now the Blues who apparently now suck and have no chance lol...really guys? I dont get this at all. The Wings have uncharacteristically been a regular season non-factor this year. Now that they are healthy, they could easily make a legit run as we've all seen before. For the record, this Bruin team that I just witnessed this season happens to be maybe the best complete solid Bruin team that i've seen in all my years. A first round exit and or a Cup title would both not surprise me in the least. This is life in the NHL. Enjoy the playoff ride peops! IMO this is the only professional sport in that if you get in, you have a legit chance to win a title.

B's lose in another shoot-out...i think theyre 0- for this year. Thank shit christ the playoffs arent decided by shoot-outs lol.

Looks like Shanahan is to become Pres of ops for the Leafs. I officially hate him now.

So the playoff is now official.
EAST:
Pittsburgh vs Columbus
Boston vs Detroit
Montreal vs Tampa Bay
NY Rangers vs Philadelphia

WEST:
Anaheim vs Dallas
San Jose vs Los Angeles
Colorado vs Minnesota
St. Louis vs Chicago

Any thoughts on who will make it to next round?

I'll have to say Columbus, Boston, Montreal, NY Rangers, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Colorado and St Louis.

So the playoff is now official.
EAST:
Pittsburgh vs Columbus
Boston vs Detroit
Montreal vs Tampa Bay
NY Rangers vs Philadelphia

WEST:
Anaheim vs Dallas
San Jose vs Los Angeles
Colorado vs Minnesota
St. Louis vs Chicago

Any thoughts on who will make it to next round?

I'll have to say Columbus, Boston, Montreal, NY Rangers, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Colorado and St Louis.

Pittsburgh
Detroit
Tampa
Rangers

Anaheim
San Jose
Colorado
Chicago