NHL 2014

I know how pessimistic I sound but can you blame me? It's just really frustrating and you have to understand how emotional I get over playoff hockey. The overall frustration level among serious Pens fans is very high right now as is. The one thing that I'm pleased with though is Fluery's play this season. Ever since last year's situation with Vokoun taking his job, he's been absolutely incredible.

He's been terrible the last two playoffs but this season he's been arguably the Pen's best player. He's stolen too many games to even count. He took so much heat last year from fans and writers and I think he really wants to redeem himself. The pen's having success in the playoffs this year with these injuries will come largely from him. Great goaltending can fix a lot of problems with teams.

Not sure if it's possible, but I'm going to go on a limb here and predict a Bruins/Habs Conference Final in the EAST, both these teams are playing at the height of their potential and they are riding it into the playoffs on perfect timing.

Not sure if it's possible, but I'm going to go on a limb here and predict a Bruins/Habs Conference Final in the EAST, both these teams are playing at the height of their potential and they are riding it into the playoffs on perfect timing.

It's impossible unless the Habs are bumped down to a wild card spot, and end up playing the Pens (which isn't going to happen). Right now, it looks like the only possible Bruins-Habs series would be in the 2nd round.

FYI, this is the current playoff scenario in the East if the season ended today:

Columbus (WC2) - Boston (A1/Top Seed)
Tampa Bay (A3) - Montreal (A2)

Detroit (WC1) - Pittsburgh (M1)
Philadelphia (M3) - New York (M2)

So if Boston and Montreal both won their series, they would meet in round 2.

Came back from 4-0 hole, now they're back in the race for the Pres's trophy. They looked like they were done there for awhile.

Man this Habs/Lightning game is intense... Carey Price has made some amazing saves this game. Even went old school with a Windmill glove save.

^
Potential first round match up...could be a great one.

Oh it's definitely going to be a great one. 2 of the best goalies of this season going head to head. It's gonna be awesome, and if the last game was any indication, it's going to be a physical one.

The Ducks are playing the Oilers tonight, and Fasth is starting for the Oilers. The funny thing is though, the Ducks' season seat tickets for tonight's game have Fasth on the cover! The irony is hilarious!

*I'm not a STH, I found out via twitter

It's basically Kessel, JVR, Lupul (when healthy), and a bunch of runts who either are always injured, inconsistent, or just plain suck.

Thank you Montreal for killing Ottawa! Tank Sens Tank!