Nicklasson Out of the Band!

Sad news indeed :cry: .

The funny thing is that I knew that this was going to happen sooner or later. He has diabetes, and for me it is really amazing how much he stayed in the band despite the circumstances.

I have Type 1 diabetes (I guess he has Type 2) so believe me when I tell you that it is tough. I do not really know how he managed to stay in the band for so long, I thought that he was going to leave it a couple of months after they said the announcement.

I think it is for the best, I am pretty sure the touring really hit him, so it is better for him to take care of his health :) .

It's a pity that he could not stay until the DVD was recorded though :erk: .

He certainly is a great bass-player, truly an inspiration (I am a bass-player too) :kickass: .

I will always remember that he had a great presence on stage, he always moved a lot and screamed and raised his hands. For me he was the one who had more on-stage presence (next to Mikael).

I am glad that I could met him, he certainly is a great person :) .

Good-bye Mickey! Rock-on! :headbang:

- Daniel

P.S.: It would be very interesting if Martin H. returned to the bass, although I do not think that will happen.

I wonder who is the session player? Maybe Fredrick Johansson? :lol:

I am very curious to see who will be the new member....

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood lives :cool:

How about this?
Have Martin or Niklas play the bass
and only have one guitar player in the band -

How about this?
Have Martin or Niklas play the bass
and only have one guitar player in the band -

If they do so, they should change their name to Dark Tranquility.

Personally, I wouldn't want Martin back on bass. He's doing a wonderful job on the guitar and to have him back there sounds like going back to things that once were...Oh hell, I'm almost arguing with myself writing this. No matter what happens, I just hope the new member will bring in new ideas and participate to the band's ongoing evolution.

@villain: henriksson back to the bass would be awesome, and finding a new guitarist it's maybe easier than finding a bassist!

@la roque: DT has to have 2 guitars, it's not ska-punk or something :p

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do next, Michael.

I don't like the idea of the DVD being recorded with a session bassist. If they don't have a new permanent replacement by then, maybe Micke should come back for a farewell show..

I don't like the idea of the DVD being recorded with a session bassist. If they don't have a new permanent replacement by then, maybe Micke should come back for a farewell show..

Quantum Field Theory.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood lives :cool:

Who said I died? I've only been in a coma once hehe. I just changed my name and don't post here anymore :p .

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do next, Michael.

Assuredly, they could make the farewell show and the show for the DVD the same, I'm sure we fans wouldn't mind :) .

Really, it's a pity that he just left, a farewell show in which fans would show him how much he is appreciated would have been really nice :Smug: .

I play the bass, and without being too bigheaded about it, pretty well indeed

DT are my favourite band of all time, does anyone have any objections to me being the new full time member? I would so love to be, it'd basically complete my life

I really hope Micke finds joy in his future life and career, and I'm sure however difficult the decision was to leave the band, he made it for the right reasons. He was great when I met him, and will be missed from their live set up.

I agree, the DVD would suck with a session player.

Dan

DT are my favourite band of all time, does anyone have any objections to me being the new full time member? I would so love to be, it'd basically complete my life
It's up to the band, it's not like we have any say in it. Without wanting to be harsh and knowing that my opinion is just my opinion and nothing else, my guess would be that the new member needs to be someone equal with an already complete life, perhaps a friend of theirs or someone they already know. Having a fanboy as a bass player would be scary, at least for me. That said, you can always get in touch with the band for yourself.

It's up to the band, it's not like we have any say in it. Without wanting to be harsh and knowing that my opinion is just my opinion and nothing else, my guess would be that the new member needs to be someone equal with an already complete life, perhaps a friend of theirs or someone they already know. Having a fanboy as a bass player would be scary, at least for me. That said, you can always get in touch with the band for yourself.

yeah i think you're right, it's sure as hell a long shot

another thing is of course that my swedish is at present, non-existent, which can't really help my case, though I'm pretty good with languages :)

will be interesting to see who they choose to take his place, would be nice if the fans had a say, or even a chance to have a go themselves :D

Dan

as i said, you can always try, in the very least you have nothing to lose from it. :)

Maybe if Niklas is online sometime soon I could have a word, because the thing is, I would quite happily give up my life and get going, I don't have a family or anything so there's nothing holding me back :p