Nicklasson Out of the Band!

Siren: Now obviously you have a point but you're talking about the specific case (gone all on-topic and all) and my opinion is more general. I guess experience of life in general makes some people more responsible, others will go through life without ever earning to be called a man - or woman or whatever. Some people will never grow up, others are born to rawk. Evergrey did fine with their drummer for instance.

Anyway, I just seriously hope that Michael Håkansson won't wear his leather skirt on stage with DT.

Well, there is some more info on the homepage now, but Siren's basically right. All interest we get is appreciated, but in reality I'd be hard to get things to work out practically if it's not someone that lives here and is roughly at the same stage in life and so on.

Not wanting to discourage anyone to apply of course - just clarifying a bit. :)

heh heh

i would move to gothenburg if i got in, obviously, but its a big life step of course, what kind of things do you want in the email? videos of us playing or something? Or I have my band's previous two cd's, on which i wrote all bass parts, some lyrics, and a bit of the guitars? would that be good to email?

i do have a video of me playing live, though in it I broke my E string, so maybe thats not the best one to send? :p heh heh

@MP-AKK: Yes, i was talking specifically, i'm sorry. Generally you're right. Also let's not forget that when DT wrote Skydancer and The Gallery they were very young. Sometimes new people can bring in fresh ideas.

bad religion has a drummer who's much younger than the rest of the band. also, i play bass, but i suck completely so although i'm the right age i don't qualify. :lol:

this said, siren is always right.

i think it's time i picked up the bass.

and of course i'm always right. :lol:

Why not bring in a real upright bass?

20160449.JPG

Could bring a whole new psychobilly influence in the band y'know?

@MP-AKK: Yes, i was talking specifically, i'm sorry. Generally you're right. Also let's not forget that when DT wrote Skydancer and The Gallery they were very young. Sometimes new people can bring in fresh ideas.

I've been attempting to write music for around 5 years now, admittedly I'd only want to even think about the more recent things, but it's getting there :)

Nah, I would vote for a Saxophone (Perdition City, Division Bell ftw). I think that really would be awesome.

Upright would get drowned out in the Mix of a metal band, it kinda did even in some overactive Jazz bands.

That's why they invented electric upright basses...

Still, simply see my post as a partly missed attempt at humor.

@rahvin, Taliesin and Siren: kazoo is intense yes, but can you solo?

as usual a lot of complete shit being written in this forum...

Does anyone have a serios suggestion of a new adequate bassplayer that is actually available? Im trying to get my friend to apply for the position but he is hesitating, any suggestions from the forumembers on how to convince him?

As for the earlier suggestion in the forum about Henriksson swtiching back i personally think that would be far be the best since i regard him as far better, or at least interesting, bassplayer than guitarplayer...but i think thats solely wishthinking

btw as for the cello, a common friend of mine with the friend whos DTs upcoming bassplayer is a completely brilliant celloplayer, and the though actually struck me as well, i think this would an add a really interesting element to the songs!! if u want to hear how it sounds in metal, just go to http://www.diabloswing.com/mainer.htm miles away from dt but still

I do not think your friend should play for them if he does not want to. It is not like he is applying for a new hobby which he could easily drop and go on like before.

As for suggestions: Coming up with names would not make much sense since the selection process is only known to the band and we neither do not know who applies. Chances are not that low that someone will be playing bass whose name we have never heard before so most people here are just waiting for the final result to be released and until that we talk about "shit".

@ La Roque: The motion in the ocean will not play any role though if the ship is so small, it just sinks in the open sea. If a certain size is existant then of course the motion becomes important.