Night Is The New Day

The Swedish version packaging is really nice. The glossy angel looks nice on the Matte finish, as does the leaves on the back. The booklet is very appealing, and you have to really studdy the inside artwork hard to make it out, as it blends into the matte black pages.

"Album of the year"

The Swedish version packaging is really nice. The glossy angel looks nice on the Matte finish, as does the leaves on the back. The booklet is very appealing, and you have to really studdy the inside artwork hard to make it out, as it blends into the matte black pages.

"Album of the year"

I actually think there's a little too much gloss on the front cover. I'd rather it not be as glossy and "blend" in better...its still great. The leaf on the back is great how the veins of the leaf are glossy. I love that new album smell too.

It´s a great cd..and it sounds really exquisite.But sorry it seems like a jonas solo album.Where are the great katatonia guitar melodies?.

I miss anders and fredrik guitar melodies, great cold distance was full of this melodies...

Anyway i bought digibook cd, because i am great katatonia fan..but something is missing on their music, great production, great songwriting, but where is the soul?

just wondering how it will sounds this "ballad" songs on live situation....

Wow... Great album, fantastic artwork (i 've got the swedish limited edition). My favourite songs: The longest year, Onward into battle and Departer. Thanks Katatonia!

Fantastic. ... and now i gotta explain why. hm, that's gonna be hard.
well, each song has it's own "personality" as it seems.. and i REALLY like that.
also, you don't need to be in the right mood for this album.. this album SETS you in the right mood.
and um, they have really passed many levels on their musicality.

i couldn't ask for more.

Fantastic. ... and now i gotta explain why. hm, that's gonna be hard.
well, each song has it's own "personality" as it seems.. and i REALLY like that.
also, you don't need to be in the right mood for this album.. this album SETS you in the right mood.
and um, they have really passed many levels on their musicality.

i couldn't ask for more.

If I could I would applaud you for that description. Spot on. :)

Why is ashen a bonus track? I'd hate to have a copy of the album without that on it.

Why is ashen a bonus track? I'd hate to have a copy of the album without that on it.

yea I bought the normal cd without the bonus track because i thought it wouldnt matter that much and even the vendor who I bought it from asked me if I wanted the special edition and i just said that "nahh, i'll stick with this"

It´s a great cd..and it sounds really exquisite.But sorry it seems like a jonas solo album.Where are the great katatonia guitar melodies?.

I miss anders and fredrik guitar melodies, great cold distance was full of this melodies...

Anyway i bought digibook cd, because i am great katatonia fan..but something is missing on their music, great production, great songwriting, but where is the soul?

Please tell me you're joking, because I can say that just from the 5 samples on their main page the tracks have more soul than most heavy music I have come across. The songs give me goosebumps unlike MANY bands are capable of doing for me.

Just saying...I know everyone has their own opinion, but c'mon...this is SO Katatonia and there's no question it'll most likely be their most accomplished album.

gatta agree actually, anders GODLY melodies and songwriting prowess are in short supply on this album, but hey, maybe he'll get to write the next one, cept people will say its "Diobolical Masquerade with guest singer Jonas Renske!"