Nightwish Atlanta date is confirmed

Pellaz

Tigron of Immanion
Feb 12, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.paulcashman.com
...at least, it appears to be. :Spin:

Pollstar now lists April 28th for Atlanta at the Masquerade, with Sonata Arctica as support. The Masquerade tells us that there is a third band on the bill; I'll try to find out who it is (or if they know yet).

The date is consistent with other already-announced dates; the following day has them in Orlando.

Nothing on Ticketmaster yet for the Atlanta show.

tickets may already be on sale for that show. i picked up 3 for the orlando show a few weeks ago. i drove to the ticket office for House of Blues and got then vs waiting for ticketmaster. just FYI if your wanting to buy tickets.

Tickets aren't on sale yet for Atlanta -- we checked last night -- but they are on sale for Orlando at, I think, $23 or so. One reason why the Masquerade has finally semi-announced the show (or at least booked it) is that my roommate warned Greg that people were already making alternate plans to travel to Orlando for the show, seeing as there was -still- no Atlanta date announced.

Thanks for the update Paul! I'm already planning on going to the Orlando show, but I'd definitely love to see them here... and then travel to Orlando the next morning. :D

--Mike

YtseJammer said:
I'm dying to find out who this opening act is.

The bigest deal in local Atlanta openers has been Halcion Way. That's pure speculation, but I'd like to see them again.

mtlheart said:
The bigest deal in local Atlanta openers has been Halcion Way. That's pure speculation, but I'd like to see them again.
I should rephrase that. I had heard there was going to be a national tour opener, not local tour openers. That is, perhaps some other Finnish band is going to open the show: Koltipelto, Twilightning, etc.

I like Halcyon Way m'self -- nice guys -- but the impression my roommate Tim got from Greg (from the Masquerade) was that the tour-package itself included a third touring band as support; I think other venues across the country have said the same.

It would make sense for it to be a Finnish act. I'm holding out for Kalmah or Norther. Or Hidria Spacefolk. :tickled: :Spin: :tickled:

(No, I don't expect this at all.)

Hopefully it's a good third band. I hope it's not some small little known band.

Reason being, I'd rather they split the time up from the three bands to just Nightwish and Sonata. With 3 bands, I mean how long is the set list? 1st and 2nd probably an hour top. 3rd, maybe a little longer.

Who knows - this tour is weird, that's for sure. Lots of secrecy on third band, no announcement on Nightwish's page of US dates going up (Example, some venue's are selling tickets yet it's not confirmed on NW page), and even for that matter - some of the dates only show Nightwish as being up and not Sonata Arctica being a support.

It's weird. But as long as they come to Atlanta, I'll be there

I would see either NW or Sonata on their own. Both together is even the better and throw in a third and I am a even happier camper unless its some growling single heavy note scrubs thrown in @the last minute to shorten the setlist of the others.

Not to get off topic but the first time I saw WASP I coulnd't believe I sat through and survived the notrocious horrible shitty assault on my senses and hears called Dog Fashion Disco and Mushroomhead the caused WASP to play a shorter set.

Sorry to bitch some but I had to let it out.

jkohn said:
The downside of a 3rd band is that it almost certainly means a very short set for Sonata Artica.
Typically it would mean 45 minutes or so for each opener. Depending on who the third band is (wouldn't it be weird if it were, say, Therion?), I'd be inclined to give the first band 30 minutes, S.A. an hour, and Nightwish a full two....doors at 7pm, first band at 8. Unfortunately, I don't manage the Masquerade....and worse luck, my roommate turned the job down. :eek:

(No, I don't think it will be Therion....but their website is saying they hope to tour the U.S. this year, and it'll have to be as an opener :cry: )

Sonata Arctica has finally announced their tour on their website! (www.sonataarctica.info). Atlanta's date is confirmed for April 28th, and they have confirmed all of the other US tour dates as well. This is great, I was getting suspicious when neither Nightwish nor Sonata Arctica had announced this tour on their websites. I can't wait!!

Lucky for you Atlanta folks!

Once again, I'm pissed, since I'll be away on a cruise the week they're here in Philadelphia. Damn.

Enjoy the show, and I am really hoping SA is booked for PPVI

Steve in Philly