NIGHTWISH May 2009 USA TOUR

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
This just in Nightwish will be on tour again in the USA in May 2009 here are some of the dates:

May

1 Hartford, CT Webster Theater

2 NYC Nokia Theater VIP TICKETS

3 Allentown,PA Crocodile Rock

4 off

5 Baltimore , MD Sonar

6 Louisville,KY Club Oasis VIP TICKETS

7 off

8 Sauget , IL Pops VIP TICKETS

9 Ok City, OK Diamond Ballroom VIP TICKETS

10 off

11 Corpus,TX Pavillion at Concrete Street VIP TICKETS

12 Houston,TX Warehouse Live VIP TICKETS

13 off

14 Atlanta , GA Masquerade

May 1/2 are a Fri/Sat. Ooooooo... I may be doing a roadtrip to make up for missing this past tour. Webster sound system sucks though.

I thought they weren't going to come back to the US until the next album? Maybe the next album is going to be released sooner than has been talked about?

Meh.. I couldn't be bothered to go to a show on the last tour and I probably will not go to this either. I'll only be interested if they release new material before then, have great opening band/s, or just go to see some friends. With the closest date being a 4 hour drive, I really doubt I'll be making it. Maybe they are hitting cities they missed before?

EDIT: Ian's post clarified that ;)

Meh.. I couldn't be bothered to go to a show on the last tour and I probably will not go to this either. I'll only be interested if they release new material before then, have great opening band/s, or just go to see some friends. With the closest date being a 4 hour drive, I really doubt I'll be making it. Maybe they are hitting cities they missed before?

EDIT: Ian's post clarified that ;)

Yeah, I just read that. In that case boooo-urns. Just delay a US tour few months and come back here once the new album is out.

The new album won't be out until maybe fall 2010 at earliest, so this USA-tour is it for the two forthcoming years.

Where I'm living now is only 2 hours from Pop's. However, I've already seen them twice with Anette, and never got a chance to see them with Tarja. Quite frankly, I've had enough of Nightwish for now. If the new album fits Anette's voice better, maybe I'll see them when they tour for that.

May 2009 tour in USA is now confirmed on Nightwish's website

Tickets are on sale exclusively through EnterTheVault.com untill November 22, at which point they will go on sale through normal ticketing services.

05/01/2009 Webster Theater Hartford CT USA
Tickets: www.enterthevault.com

05/02/2009 Nokia Theater New York NY USA
General admission and VIP Tickets: www.enterthevault.com

05/03/2009 Crocodile Rock Allentown PA USA

05/05/2009 Sonar Baltimore MD USA

05/06/2009 Club Oasis Louisville KY USA

05/08/2009 Pops Sauget IL USA

05/09/2009 Diamond Ballroom Oklahoma City OK USA

05/11/2009 Pavillion at Concrete Street Corpus TX USA

05/12/2009 Warehouse Live Houston TX USA

05/14/2009 Masquerade Atlanta GA USA

Quite frankly, I think the band needs to make up for cancelled dates in both Knoxville, TN and Charlotte, NC due to Annette being sick.....and her band members being total dicks about it.

By the way, don't try to argue me about the guys being assholes, because I saw this with my own eyes and experienced it for myself.

What happened you ask? I drove for two hours, stood in line for an hour to find out there would be no Nightwish performing that night. Annette is sick, shit happens and I'm aware of this. With that said, Fatesfan and I saw the guys standing around the tour bus in the back drinking beers, hanging out, smiling and goofing off. Needless to say, they didn't look too concerned about the situation. I got pissed off and told the club owner what I thought about the whole thing, which again, I realize isn't this poor guy's fault. He said he tried every way in the world to make up for the situation by having the band to do a signing, sell merchandise etc. He wasn't able to get them to cooperate in any way. Plus, he got stuck refunding everyone's money back to them, probably sinking him in the hole more than he already was.

Again, I don't want to hear a Sunday Sermon about the business side of things, because I don't give a rat's ass! The Nightwish "guys" shit on the fans that night and that's the bottom line. So, with that said, EOT says "FUCK THE NIGHTWISH 2009 US TOUR"!!!

~Brian~

Quite frankly, I think the band needs to make up for cancelled dates in both Knoxville, TN and Charlotte, NC due to Annette being sick.....and her band members being total dicks about it.

By the way, don't try to argue me about the guys being assholes, because I saw this with my own eyes and experienced it for myself.

What happened you ask? I drove for two hours, stood in line for an hour to find out there would be no Nightwish performing that night. Annette is sick, shit happens and I'm aware of this. With that said, Fatesfan and I saw the guys standing around the tour bus in the back drinking beers, hanging out, smiling and goofing off. Needless to say, they didn't look too concerned about the situation. I got pissed off and told the club owner what I thought about the whole thing, which again, I realize isn't this poor guy's fault. He said he tried every way in the world to make up for the situation by having the band to do a signing, sell merchandise etc. He wasn't able to get them to cooperate in any way. Plus, he got stuck refunding everyone's money back to them, probably sinking him in the hole more than he already was.

Again, I don't want to hear a Sunday Sermon about the business side of things, because I don't give a rat's ass! The Nightwish "guys" shit on the fans that night and that's the bottom line. So, with that said, EOT says "FUCK THE NIGHTWISH 2009 US TOUR"!!!

~Brian~
You are correct in that they should indeed be making up at least one of those shows for y'all that were cancelled on, if not both. That really bites, man.:erk:

You are correct in that they should indeed be making up at least one of those shows for y'all that were cancelled on, if not both. That really bites, man.:erk:

Well, if the guys would've thrown us a bone like holding a meet and greet, took pictures etc. before the Sonata Arctica set I wouldn't be pissed. That would have at least shown me that they care about the American fans. I realize their bread and butter is over seas, but that's not an excuse to come over here and act like a bunch of "rock stars". :rolleyes:

~Brian~

May 1/2 are a Fri/Sat. Ooooooo... I may be doing a roadtrip to make up for missing this past tour. Webster sound system sucks though.

If there are enough people coming from out of town for this show, I may do a PRE show BBQ or something at my place if people are interested.

I only live about 15-20 minutes from the venue with a fair amount of room for people to hang out and crash as wanted/ needed, etc.

-Metal

Well, if the guys would've thrown us a bone like holding a meet and greet, took pictures etc. before the Sonata Arctica set I wouldn't be pissed. That would have at least shown me that they care about the American fans. I realize their bread and butter is over seas, but that's not an excuse to come over here and act like a bunch of "rock stars". :rolleyes:

~Brian~
Totally agreed. However, they seemed to be really cool to all the folks who attended their last ATL gig. They even stayed way late to party with the fans.