Nile's style dying or still strong?

I've just had a real good laugh at the guy who questioned Nile's drummer's speed, firstly I know a lot of people who are friends with Nile, secondly 17bps is the fastest he has drummed which is just under world record speed recently broken by The Berzerker's new drummer Gary who set it at 19bps, and yes that is true if you do not believe me check out their website also I know a guy who witnessed it. Thridly ok it appears I made a mistake or some one got it mixed up some where, I was not comparing Nile to Maiden if I did say that, I'm sorry that was incorrect. I used Iron Maiden as an example of music variation, although a lot disagree Maiden variate their music to me if you listen to it properly or live you will hear just how much their music has changed over the past. Sorry if I appear to be stating some thing as fact to, most of this is opinion apart from the few things like the whole drumming speed thing.
I know what you mean about Opeth, their fans can be very divided most I know seem to like most of their releases, but I know a few who didn't like Still Life and Blackwater Park.
Earlier Emperor I still like I did mention it some where but the newer stuff does not compare to the quality of Summoning and as some one asked how do I judge the quality? Well thats all down to opinion again but for black metal the more atmosphereic the better to me, I prefer longer songs when it comes to black metal, it helps to really build the music up to a nice finish. Summoning again their vocalists are extremely good, I've never heard black metal singers like them. I'm not to sure what exactly it is about the music of Summoning but it just changed my look on a lot of black metal, their style is so unique and the music is so melodic and atmosphereic, its nice and soft to nothing to heavy not that I mind heavy black metal some times its a nice change, but morely I prefer slower softer black metal. To me their music is faultless and I have yet to hear a bad Summoning song and shamefully I've heard some from Emperor on their later albums which didn't appeal to me.

Lastly I'd like to say sorry to those I went off on the other day, I was actually drunk at the time so sorry to you all I should have just ignored it. npearce thanks for making it clear sorry I didn't see the funny side of it at the time like I said I was intoxicated lol.

:lol: my mistake, my mistake, sorry. i was really sleepy when i wrote that. but really, the offical record is held by Tim Waterson at 1239 bpm. he as gone 1381 but it was not offical.:)

Originally posted by FailingAcension
:lol: my mistake, my mistake, sorry. i was really sleepy when i wrote that. but really, the offical record is held by Tim Waterson at 1239 bpm. he as gone 1381 but it was not offical.:)

How is the record official? Is it in the Guiness World Book of Records?

1381 bpm is inhuman!

they use some kind of pressure pad and hit it as fast as you can....

That has little to do with how may drums, cymbals, etc... one can hit on a real drumset at any time...

So 1000+ on a standalone pad doesn't sound unreasonable...