No more growling

Do you think Opeth should stop using death growls?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • No, definitely not

Votes: 192 91.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think it's a bad question nor a bad poll. Your reactions to the poll could be forseen and unfortunately the over stated passion is... well.... overstated. OP has a right to said opinion even if you disagree. His/her second post though was a -4.

I personally don't think that the growls should ever leave Opeth's music. Opeth has always been about dynamics and the growls and screams are a key component to this.

+1 it's part of what makes opeth, opeth. but i mean any direction the band takes i'll still buy hahaha, i love everything they do. the world would be a sad place without mr. akerfeldts bone chilling growls though

oh well id rather they toss out all styles of vocals and just go without. and instead of the flute synths or w/e on watershed, they should use like an alto sax or something

Curse at me all you want. I dared to post this, YES I DARED! So go home and listen to that horrible death growl crap all day and all night long if you want, I have my own preferences!

The music has gone up shit's creek thanks to idiots like you.

I don't know about Shit's Creek. If "the music" means Opeth's music, well I guess they've been up Shit's Creek right from the start.

Time for you to find another band to listen to, if you don't like the growling. Frankly, I see absolutely no point in this thread.

TROLLing the waters, perhaps?.......... :err:

When everybody keeps posting "What a dumb fucking post! Dumbest thread/poll ever!", how am I gonna react? And that's all I'm willing to say. Anyway, folks...try to understand. Mikael has already achieved everything he could possibly achieve with the use of growl vocals vs clean vocals. It's time to fuckin' move on! What's wrong with that? Ok, maybe he shouldn't completely cut them out but at least they should do another growlfree album.

Wow!

Again, I just don't see the point in this thread, except maybe for the obvious negative reactions you've successfully conjured.

What a dumb fucking post! Dumbest thread/poll ever!

Sorry, but you deserve it...

What a pathetic thread, what result did the OP expect to get on an Ultimate Metal board? A bit of nostalgia of the old days? Wtf, it is part of their sound whether or not it is gradually leaving their sound obviously won't be known until the end of their careers. He won't be able to growl as well as he can atm for ever so it is fairly plausible they will eventually be a progressive rock/metal band. I thought this was fairly clear, obviously he shouldn't stop something that is part of their sound while it is still possible, especially when he is one of the best at it.

i wonder if this thread would have gotten the same reactions if it was 'no more singing'

yeah but it was a parody and no one was really serious or anything

i mean if no one had posted this thread, but instead there was a no more singing thread

Well, say what you want but you failed to get the absolute majority. That proves there are Opeth fans out there who appreciate them for their true qualities and not just the kick they get out of death growls! Here's to us!:kickass: :headbang:

REALLY SHIT THREAD:heh:. how can you think opeth without death growls??...argggghh it's opeth! also growls also clean vocal...both of them are really nice!

This thread is an embarassment to any self-respecting Opeth fan!
If Opeth stopped doing distorted vocals they would no longer be Opeth...... Why are you even on this forum if you believe like 98% of their material is bad (must do since death growls are present on that amount of material).
Usually I try to keep my dignity while posting but..... fuck it... anyone who seriously believes Opeth should stick to clean vocals - can go to hell.