No more growling

Do you think Opeth should stop using death growls?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • No, definitely not

Votes: 192 91.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well i would like to see a sax, i think that would be bliss - even a sax synth would be great

Opeth should stop using guitars too.
i lol'd

it was the contrast between heavy and soft which got me into opeth. i have never heard that before, they merge so well between heavy and soft, that takes skills ;)

Curse at me all you want. I dared to post this, YES I DARED! So go home and listen to that horrible death growl crap all day and all night long if you want, I have my own preferences!

The music has gone up shit's creek thanks to idiots like you.

nothing wrong with the question or the poll in my view, it's a fair question.

however your closing remark in the highlighted quote makes you sound completely and utterly retarded, in more ways than i care to comment on.

I just wish Opeth would release one straight up folk album a'la Patterns In the Ivy II etc...I would kill for something like that.

Curse at me all you want. I dared to post this, YES I DARED! So go home and listen to that horrible death growl crap all day and all night long if you want, I have my own preferences!

The music has gone up shit's creek thanks to idiots like you.

=civilized?:loco:

Vivören;7539366 said:
They just be a jazz trio with drums, bass and keyboards.

It would pwn so hard.

screw instruments, they should just abandon instruments all together, kick out Axe and become a barbershop quartet.

I'm a big fan instrumental music like (most of) Indukti, Russian Circles, Pelican, etc. but no, sorry. Opeth wouldn't really be Opeth with out vocals. Still, I would LOVE to hear a few full, complex instrumental songs on their future albums. Normal their instrumental songs are much shorter than their full songs and are much less complex. They're normally just transitions like For Absent Friends, Patterns in the Ivy, Requiem, etc. Tons of bands I listen to have done "real" songs that just happen to be without vocals: Tool with Triad and Merkaba, Porcupine Tree with Wedding Nails, Isis with Altered Course (though their music is like 75% vocal free anyway), etc.

Is anyone else with me???

Jake

Whoa now, don't tease me! I would kill for an Opeth Instrumental album!