Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Before the Dawn released a new single, and the old bass player who used to sing clean vocals is back too. Sounds pretty good.

Nightrage - sounds more like older Nightrage than Wolf To Man... not necessarily a bad thing. It's a solid enough MDM track with some nice dual-guitar melodies as always, but fairly generic. Nowhere near as memorable as Disconnecting the Dots.

Before The Dawn - sounds nice, but I thought they disbanded ages ago? If they keep up that level of quality a comeback album would be awesome.

Rando Hard Rock/Melodic Metal band I've been listening to today. Not quite as hard hitting as the above two bands, but I like their style. Production isn't bad for an indepedent release. Metal Tracker lists them as being from the USA, whilst Encyclopaedia Metallum lists them as being from Argentina, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

New ATG starts good and then is boring. I'm liking new Gojira album. That melodic song, The Chant is really nice

Fuck ATG, Pokémon metal cover is where it's at :cool:

Is it me or does Jason Paige's voice have quite a solid classic metal sound? :D

Man, what a shame Alexi passed away. This EP is right up there with the older CoB stuff. The cover of 'Where Dead Angels Lie' by Dissection is excellent.

I wish CoB had been doing stuff like that instead of what they were doing the last 15 years or so. Alexi sounds as good on that EP as he ever did - which is weird considering how frail he was health wise.

Reactions: eochaid
That was an almost ..

Now, is it only in Spain or is metal becoming a thing for adults? There are no youngsters listening to metal here. No one under their 20s. Is just Trap and Reggaeton and shit like that. Nothing related to rock or hard rock. I started at 11 or 12 years old.

And there's this culture here... They're selling that shit to children everywhere. In movies, TV shows and whatever. But I'm still surprised that there aren't young metalheads.

So, when he was young, Es Sheeran was into death metal bands like Cradle of Filth and Slipknot... :err:

I just listened to new ATG and I don't really get the love in. Tomas Lindberg sounds awful nowadays. I can't really take his vocals seriously. It's a shame because he used to be fucking incredible, but you can hear the toll that scream-style has taken on his throat. Now he just sounds... weird.

I don't know about whether young people listen to metal or not here. There's a lot of great metal coming out over the past few years though, so sucks for them if not.

So, when he was young, Es Sheeran was into death metal bands like Cradle of Filth and Slipknot... :err:

Lol, the UK media labels all metal bands that came into existence after the 80s as 'death metal'. Some years ago I saw an article in some newspaper calling Nightwish 'death metal' :rofl:

Lol.

And I agree about Lindberg. His voice is a joke. I just listened to the first two singles and lost all interest.

Some people just can't hold onto their vocal talent as they get older. Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica is another one whose vocals sound terrible now, despite sounding fine when he first started out.

To me Lindberg only sounded good on Terminal Spirit Disease and Slaughter of the Soul. Maybe even on With Fear if I'm being generous. On everything else, from their earliest stuff to their most recent, he's the weakest element by far and just sounds kind of weird. He's worse on the new album than he was on the last, but after a while I stopped noticing.

And yeah, Kakko was good until around Days of Grays (love that album, of course; I consider it their last good one), when he exponentially became more nasally. Hard to listen to them nowadays because of that. Not that I have, really, since Stones.

To be fair he was (imo at least) absolutely fantastic on the early 2000s Nightrage albums.

One of my favourite ever MDM tracks. Under a Serpent Sun is another one where his vocals really add an extra dimension to an already awesome song.

But yeah, his vocals now... yeeeesh. It's definitely time to stop. Although bafflingly there are people who seem to like it. I'm pretty open-minded as far as vocal styles go, I listen to Anders' singing after all, but I can't get my head around anybody being able to listen to modern Lindberg and not find his vocals annoying and weird.