Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

I asked ChatGPT to write In Flames lyrics based on Anders being sad nobody liked his singing ...

Verse 1:
I pour my heart into this song
But all I hear is silence
My voice echoes through the emptiness
As I'm left in my own violence

Chorus:
Why can't they see the passion in my eyes
The fire that burns inside
I sing my heart out every time
But no one likes my voice, it's a crime

Verse 2:
I try to find the right melody
To make them hear my pain
But they just turn away from me
And all my efforts are in vain

Chorus:

Bridge:
I know I'm not the best
But I try my hardest every day
I just wish they'd give me a chance
And hear what I have to say

Chorus:

Outro:
I'll keep on singing, though it hurts
And hope that someday they'll see
That my voice is worth listening to
And that they'll finally believe.

:rofl: nailed it.

Also "write In Flames lyrics about Krofius and The Halo Effect betraying them"

Verse 1:
We thought we had a brother
In this endless fight for metal
But little did we know
His loyalty was unsettled

Pre-chorus:
We gave him our trust
Our secrets and our souls
But he betrayed us all
For some hollow goal

Chorus:
Krofius, you're a traitor
Your deceit will be your downfall
The Halo Effect copies us
But it's nothing but a pale echo

Verse 2:
We poured our hearts into the music
Our passion pure and true
But you sold out to the industry
And made it all about revenue

Pre-chorus:
We thought we were united
Against the plastic sound of pop
But you jumped ship and left us
For a chance to reach the top

Chorus:

Bridge:
We'll keep on fighting
For the metal that we love
Our sound will never die
With the purity of a dove

Chorus:

Outro:
We'll keep on rocking
With our heads held high
For the true fans who love us
And never sell out to the lie.

This one's for you @ciko_gfb , hope it lifts your spirits a bit... ChatGPT generates In Flames lyrics where Anders describes how grateful he is for Ciko's support :D

Verse 1:
My most loyal fan, Ciko's the name
Never misses a show, front row's the game
Through the years, you've been by my side
Through the ups and downs, you never hide

Chorus:
Thank you, Ciko, for all that you do
Your support helps me make it through
The struggle of everyday life
With you, my friend, it's all worthwhile

Verse 2:
You know every word, every riff, every beat
Your passion for music, can't be beat
You lift me up when I'm feeling down
Your energy, contagious all around

Chorus:

Bridge:
Sometimes I wonder, where I'd be
If you weren't here, to believe in me
You're more than a fan, you're family
And for that, I'll forever be thankful, see

Chorus:

@A88 @drawntoblack have you ever heard of a band called Amentes? Apparently from Serbia and released one album way back in 2003. Doom/death metal style music. I have their 2003 album and actually thought it was pretty good, but no idea what happened to them afterwards as this seems to be the only album they officially released ("It Could All have Vanished").

Reactions: A88
Ok, that's a blast from the past. :)

Nice album that one. Shitty production but interesting style and use of keyboards.

Never heard about them after that album. So, guess they don't exist anymore.

Edit: I stand corrected. It seems they are still around. Released that 2002 album again in 2019 and they had few new songs some years ago.

Last edited:
Yeah production does kind of suck (although they apparently used a famous Serbian studio - Paradox?), but in a way it kind of adds to its charm. Kind of a shame if they just disbanded after that first album, as it seemed like they had something interesting going on there. Oh well, still bringing respect to Serbian metal :cool:

Yeah, Paradox studio - famous for its shitty production. :)

It was an interesting period, 2001-2005. Country just got out of isolation, sanctions and all that shit.

A lot of young bands. Some with great ideas, most other very generic and cringe. No decent studios, no money, no real scene or option to tour Europe. So you had like one radio and a few local gigs open to you.

It all kind of died out a few years later but it was fun while it lasted. Or I'm just being nostalgic as I was a kid just entering the whole metal thing at that time. :)

Well one thing hasn't changed - I'm still shitting on new IF records.

Reactions: eochaid
The day you stop shitting on IF records is the day your passion for music dies. Unlike IF, you don't need to go back to da rootz, since you've never gone away from da rootz :cool:

That's really interesting though, I don't really have UK equivilent story to compare. Our metal scene has pretty much been shit for as long as I've been alive and aware of music. Pretty much all good UK metal bands came into existence before I was born. Maiden, Priest, Black Sabbath, etc. A few decent bands here and there post-90s - Dragonforce, Architects, Evile, Alestorm, Power Quest, Fellowship - also bullshit like Cradle of Filth and Bring Me the Horizon - but in reality it's been fucking slim pickings here since the 80s ended. Thank god for internet and access to the global music scene.

Reactions: A88 and eochaid
Dude. We have never had good metal bands. Or good rock bands. Or good bands. Our music is shit.

The day you stop shitting on IF records is the day your passion for music dies. Unlike IF, you don't need to go back to da rootz, since you've never gone away from da rootz :cool:

That's really interesting though, I don't really have UK equivilent story to compare. Our metal scene has pretty much been shit for as long as I've been alive and aware of music. Pretty much all good UK metal bands came into existence before I was born. Maiden, Priest, Black Sabbath, etc. A few decent bands here and there post-90s - Dragonforce, Architects, Evile, Alestorm, Power Quest, Fellowship - also bullshit like Cradle of Filth and Bring Me the Horizon - but in reality it's been fucking slim pickings here since the 80s ended. Thank god for internet and access to the global music scene.

You know me, I'm all about the rootz.

Well, UK still has a much better situation than most other countries. But, as things are global now, guess local scene just isn't as important.

I have to say I'm pretty pessimistic regarding the future of the whole genre. In Serbia, I struggle to remember an active band, good or bad.

Globally, a lot of shit coming out. But not much good or interesting stuff.

That, or I'm getting really old. :)

Reactions: DE4life
You know me, I'm all about the rootz.

Well, UK still has a much better situation than most other countries. But, as things are global now, guess local scene just isn't as important.

I have to say I'm pretty pessimistic regarding the future of the whole genre. In Serbia, I struggle to remember an active band, good or bad.

Globally, a lot of shit coming out. But not much good or interesting stuff.

That, or I'm getting really old. :)

I felt this way a few years ago, but in past couple of years I've found some really great bands who have gone right up there alongside my all time favourites, so for me at least all hope is not quite lost yet. I guess it depends on the genre though. Most of this comes from the Power Metal side of my interests. I can't say I've really heard much new MDM/extreme metal in past few years that's really had the same impact. Certainly not in terms of genuinely new bands.

Dude. We have never had good metal bands. Or good rock bands. Or good bands. Our music is shit.

Well, you had Soul Sailor :D

Dem manly vocals. I do like the song though :D

Otherwise yeah, there aren't too many Spanish bands I have in my library. I like Adventus a lot. I think I have some Avalanch songs. Dreamaker were pretty cool, didn't realise they were Spanish. Jotnar are a cool little Soilwork-clone MDM band. That's probably about it though.

Kind of a shame if they just disbanded after that first album, as it seemed like they had something interesting going on there. Oh well, still bringing respect to Serbian metal :cool:

Somewhat interestingly, their Metal Archives entry lists them not as disbanded, but as being "on hold". No releases after 2003 are mentioned though, so at this point I probably wouldn't bet money on Amentes returning. :)

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Amentes/12352

EDIT: I failed to notice A88's addendum to his original message, which reads: "Edit: I stand corrected. It seems they are still around. Released that 2002 album again in 2019 and they had few new songs some years ago."

Last edited:
I have zero Spanish bands in my library. Even the few ones that might have something slightly interesting aren't good enough. And, if we talk about bands that are popular here, they're just shit.

Last edited:
Speaking of Iron Maiden, have you checked out The Raven Age? It's a band with Steve Harris' son as one of the guitarists. Check out their Conspiracy album in particular.

I hadn't heard of them, but that sounds pretty good. I will check out their other stuff for sure.

Meanwhile I remembered earlier than I actually liked a scattered few From Autumn to Ashes songs :D probably the only Post-Hardcore band I've ever had any remote interest in.

A very strange song title. Musically very chaotic, but I like that unstructured vibe.

This one is just really weird, lyrically and structurally. For whatever reason I quite enjoy it though. With that said...

"School children infiltrate the brain stem
Sexual organs start exchanging"

... what the fuck does that mean

This one a lot more straightforward compared to the other two, but solid enough.

I haven't really followed what they've been up to since 2007 as, really, I never liked them that much. Just the odd song that for whatever reason got stuck in my brain.

Well, I just checked and they haven't actually released any new music since 2007, so I'm technically still up to date with them :D