Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Also this was the best the singer could say about their experience on the tour "sometimes we weren't booed off and I think people were semi-interested in us." :rofl:

Reactions: eochaid
It's Steve Harris' son's band. And he promotes them any chance he gets, which is whatever. It's his son so of course he's going to help him.

I want to like The Raven Age, but their singer falls somewhere between being somewhat interesting and a radio rock voice and I'm not feeling it. I listened to 'Conspiracy' a few years ago and just didn't really have a feeling about it one way or the other.

Reactions: eochaid
Yeah the vocals for TRA are definitely the weak point (for me at least, as somebody who predominantly listens to radio-unfriendly metal).

I enjoyed their mid-2000s stuff, haven't kept up with them since then though. They just kinda sounded the same on most releases. Any of their new stuff worth listening to?

I must admit I’ve been rather disappointed with the last 2 albums but it still is quality melodic death metal.

But I can’t express with words how a fan I am about « Virus », « The Final Chapter », « The Arrival », « Hypocrisy », « Catch 22 », «Abducted », « The Fourth Dimension », « Into the Abyss »

You should give a listen to « Worship » that came out recently, though there are chances you’ll find it not original enough.

The Arrival is probably my favourite Hypocrisy album overall, but yeah, their back catalogue in general is pretty solid. I think it was A Taste of Extreme Divinity when I was like, this is still good, but I'm good with what I've already got from these guys now.

Reactions: Moonshield_
Fan of everything that Peter does. Worship is decent, it has a song or two that are filler but still plenty of catchy tracks too and overall a decent effort, I listened to it for about a month when it came out.
For me they are at their best when they do the mid tempo stuff with guitar melodies on top so I agree with Moonshield.

Reactions: Moonshield_
Not sure if I'm a fan of this new design. Leaning towards not being a fan imo.

Anyways, a few days ago Scar Symmetry started teasing what appears to be a new single, possibly the new album as well. We might finally be able to say that we'll be getting The Singularity Phase 2 before Time 2.