Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Well, why not. Now you've learned what an upper decker is and how best to investigate such an incident should it occur in future. Very good use of your time imo.

The song "In Search for I" by In Flames is a track from their 2002 album "Reroute to Remain". The lyrics of the song suggest that the protagonist (presumably Anders Fridén) is searching for a sense of purpose or identity, as represented by the pronoun "I" in the song's title.

Throughout the song, the lyrics explore themes of self-discovery and personal growth, as the protagonist seeks to break free from the constraints of the past and find a new sense of meaning and direction. The chorus of the song includes the lines "In search for I, what do you see? / When you see yourself, in the eyes of the world", which suggests a desire to find one's true self and to be seen and recognized for who they really are.

Overall, the song seems to be about the journey of self-discovery and the search for meaning and purpose, which are common themes in In Flames' music.

---

This is the song that keeps on giving.

Reactions: Xpyro125
According to last.fm, at exactly this time 15 years ago I was, for some reason, listening to The Mirror's Truth. I then went on to listen to some Avantasia, Final Fantasy 7 soundtrack, most of the Passenger album, Insipid 2000, a few DT tracks, and finished off with a handful of HIM songs and then listened to a band called Narnia before calling it a night at 11.39pm.

A year later I was seemingly on a major power metal binge as from around 7.50pm onwards I listened to Edguy, Power Quest and Kamelot. I then pivoted to Christina Aguilera, wtf :D before moving onto ELO, classic, then...

upload_2023-2-20_19-54-47.png

I don't even know what to say. Maybe I was drinking.

Reactions: eochaid
Apparently on precisely this date and at this time in 2008 I was listening to "For You" by Passenger a lot... which is weird, because I don't really remember this track and I don't consider it one of my favourites off the album.

Weirdly even though the Angry Metal Guy review is glowing in praise for the album, it then concludes with a 3.5/5 :err:

Anyway, I'll listen to it later and give it a shot.

I'm always very interested in a new Insomnium release but the thing is they (as many others) abandonned the fast paced melodeath riffs for quite a while now.

I've been very disappointed with the last EP.

Heart Like a Grave was cool but not heavy enough for my taste.

Is this new one as soft as the previous one?

Across the Dark is the best thing they've ever done. I almost put it on the same level as IF golden era (that is to say 2014-2019, naah just kidding, 1994-2000 of course)

Anyway, looking forward to give it a listen tomorrow when it's officially out :kickass:

Is this new one as soft as the previous one?
I think that it's more like Winter's Gate but also different. Maybe because that one was a single sing divided in seven parts. But, as I said, this one is dark. And heavy. And has a lot of heavy drumming too.

Nothing to do with the EP or the previous album.

To me, the singles are the weakest songs in the album , also the safer to he released as singles.

Yes. I think that the best comparison is with Winter's Gate since the both of them share that dark vibe. And that drumming inspired in Black Metal. A thing that is logic since the theme is the witch hunt from the 17th century.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonshield_
Idk, they have different reviewers on there nowadays I think. It was just weird because I don't think the review has any criticism of the album at all, yet it's a 3.5/5 :D
His rating of Foregone: Rating: Honestly, everyone, it’s Good!

But, as I said, this one is dark. And heavy. And has a lot of heavy drumming too.

Nothing to do with the EP or the previous album.

To me, the singles are the weakest songs in the album , also the safer to he released as singles.

I'm sold man. Maybe the melodies won't touch my soul as much as I'd like but I already know the global sound of the record is going to appeal to me :dopey: