Norther: like them a lot, a little, prefer Children of Bodom...?

Norther sounds tedious as hell to me. Mid paced melodic shit without any of the vigor and energy which makes CoB great. CoB really hasn't changed that much, so I don't get the claims they are going downhill. I was a proponent of that view merely from the 'new material is always crap' position a lot of people seem to take. Since then I have come to my senses.

Hence my concession that they had changed, just not a whole lot. It's true, HCDR deviates the furthest, while the latest album returns to the style of the earlier material.

Hence my concession that they had changed, just not a whole lot. It's true, HCDR deviates the furthest, while the latest album returns to the style of the earlier material.
Are You Dead Yet is as dark as the older material, yes. But compared to Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder, it's slow as all hell.

Alexi does have terrible lyrics. They're some of the worst I've ever read, but it doesn't really matter to me what he sings about because I can't understand them.

HCDR was the bad album, not AYDY? AYDY? was a pretty good album with some really cool tracks. It wasn't primitive or simple, the songs just were structured slightly more commonly than say FtR.

Alexi's lyrics leave much to be desired.

I sorta agree. Early on, his lyrics were at the very least okay, but after FTR, they deteriorated quite badly. I mean, come on; "I don't give a flying fuck, motherfucker"? Sounds like some angsty mallcore shit.

But, the music (and the vocals) are good, so I don't let the lyrics get in the way.

The Norther was despicable. And never been a huge fan of Bodom, but AYDY? was shit and the new song though, sounds like they may be going back to their older sound(but alot slower)

the new song does sound like the old them but blended with the new sound of AYDY too, but it just bores me, and the vocals arent quite on par with everything else theyve done

did anybody hear the new COB song?

i think they just keep getting worse
Tie My Rope does indeed suck horribly, but I have hope, since the new album is supposed to sound darker and more progressive than AYDY.

Not to mention, they completely re-recorded Tie My Rope, so hopefully they get rid of Alexi's "raspy gremlin" vocals in favor of some death shrieks.