Children of Bodom. Old fans a little annoyed?

Look bitch, we like to argue here. We don't like to shamelessly bump old threads just to agree with someone, so keep it in your bedroom next time or I'll do you bitch.

Look bitch, we like to argue here. We don't like to shamelessly bump old threads just to agree with someone, so keep it in your bedroom next time or I'll do you bitch.
Hey, you're supposed to do me first!

I'm not even going to bother reading the whole thread on this one, but this band is one of very few that I agree that older is better, and for many good reasons. All the way back to Something Wild. Something Wild may have been a tad childish at points, but they were young. The music is gold, and their sound gets incredibly worse as time progresses. The Nail or Bed of Razors are the best they ever did.

I like all bodom stuff but here are the questions i put to you. 1) Can you be a true bodom fan if you like the old stuff but not the new?
2) Can you be a true bodom fan if you like the new stuff but not the old? What do you guys think?

Haha, what the hell?! Ive been listening to the band for around 10 years now and of course I like the old stuff the most. Perfection of melodic death metal mixed with fantastic neo-classical underlines. The new stuff is also enjoyable, but I rather put on the older albums then the newer ones. Still im excited about the new upcoming album.

And whats the crap about beeing a "true bodom fan"? Just enjoy the band.

FTR is an AWESOME album in all regards. It's very fun to listen to. The riffs, the solos and the production are all great. It's the only Bodom album I actually like. Hatebreeder is ok but not close to FTR. As for the newer stuff - complete shit.

I liked this band when I was like 16. I can't even listen to Something Gay and Fagbreeder anymore

Like I haven't listened to their new stuff but I'm actually really glad that they got as far as they are now. Like I don't blame any metal band for selling out like Bodom did, they just did what they had to do.