Not a COB fan

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
I just got kicked out of the Opeth Forum so I thought I'd come over here and see what's up because Opeth fans and COB fans are always fighting. So, tell me, why should I listen to COB?

Holy shit. I admire anyone who posts a picture of maria sharapova. Thank you for that, Lazyguitar.

Was there sarcasm in your question about Opeth and COB fans fighting?

dorian gray said:
I just got kicked out of the Opeth Forum so I thought I'd come over here and see what's up because Opeth fans and COB fans are always fighting.
what the fuck are you talking about?

So, tell me, why should I listen to COB?
go listen to some songs. if you like it, great. if you don't, ok.

Yetti said:
what the fuck are you talking about?

I took a break from the Forum for a couple weeks. During that break, there was a severe crackdown on even the slightest off-topic thread. i didnt know that and all my posts and threads were getting deleted or locked out. I started rewriting the whole thread and finally was told by a moderator that i should leave. I was not spamming and have always made interesting and funny posts.

dorian gray said:
Holy shit. I admire anyone who posts a picture of maria sharapova. Thank you for that, Lazyguitar.

Was there sarcasm in your question about Opeth and COB fans fighting?

....I'm honoured. And no there was no sarcasm.

LazyGuitar said:
....I'm honoured. And no there was no sarcasm.
Earlier this year, there was a bunch of "COB fans" on the Opeth forum causing problems and starting flame wars. I had no idea what was going on because i dont listen to COB and i dont know about anyones reputation. For what its worth, those folks may not have even been fans of COB, i think there was just some in-joke about an opeth/COB rivalry that some people, myself included, didnt get. They were probably not real COB fans is what im getting at....just some asshole trolls.

dorian gray said:
Earlier this year, there was a bunch of "COB fans" on the Opeth forum causing problems and starting flame wars. I had no idea what was going on because i dont listen to COB and i dont know about anyones reputation. For what its worth, those folks may not have even been fans of COB, i think there was just some in-joke about an opeth/COB rivalry that some people, myself included, didnt get. They were probably not real COB fans is what im getting at....just some asshole trolls.

Ah, I see, it must be the anti-opeth propanganda COB spread and constant
Opeth-fan bashing subliminal messages in COB's lyrics. Fucking hell
they're just people, just like the 'Opeth fans' its not a religon, its not
a race or a gender, they are just two bands, with fans, some of whom
like the other band, some who dont, really there is no specific fuckin rivalry.

^ heh.
for the record, i was not involved. i just remember COB being mentioned alot during that time and i thought id come over and see what was going on. Scandanavian music makes up the majority of my collection, but somehow i missed COB. i thought id look into it.
goddam, please get that picture off there. i cant concentrate.

Ironically, both Opeth and CoB are in my top 3 favorite bands.

I don't understand the supposed in-fighting either, but most of the problems on the Opeth board were caused by people from the seriously off-topic forum.

dorian gray said:
^ heh.
for the record, i was not involved. i just remember COB being mentioned alot during that time and i thought id come over and see what was going on. Scandanavian music makes up the majority of my collection, but somehow i missed COB. i thought id look into it.
goddam, please get that picture off there. i cant concentrate.

For the record, Finland isn't part of Scandinavia :p

alphacorvus said:
Ironically, both Opeth and CoB are in my top 3 favorite bands.

I don't understand the supposed in-fighting either, but most of the problems on the Opeth board were caused by people from the seriously off-topic forum.
yes. agreed. the SOT geeks were soon dispatched from the opeth forum. i just remember some people saying they came over from the COB forum. i didnt know who to believe. not that i cared one way or the other.