Not for the fanboys...

ProgMetalFan said:
Country-rock band Alabama has a song called "She's close enough to perfect for me." It's quite good.

:wave:Yes Progmetalfan,, I know that song well! Thats some of the stuff I grew up listening to.:D
And yes I DO like that song too. I like alot of the OLD Alabama stuff.

Michael Pinnella

and don`t go all "ur s0 j00dgemental, wh00 r u 2 critecaiz MR.pinela?" on me.

Also, I get tired of the diminished chords and harmonic minor some times. More songs like Orion the Hunter and Awakenings!

Kudos to those who suggested merging SX with electronica. I can imagine the madness that would ensue if they did a collaboration with Squarepusher! YEAH!

The Stormbringer said:
I don´t like MR´s guitar tone in his solos on the previous... it always sounded strange to me, don´t know why.
That´s about everything... and, by the way: NO ELECTRONICA for SX!

You know, when I first heard "Of Sins and Shadows" for the first time I thought MR's lead sound was strange too. It sounded too much like something Steve Vai would use on an instrumental album. And no offense to Steve Vai fans, but I personally don't like him or his playing (with rare exceptions). Anyway, once I got to know the music and the band beyond TDWOT I really like the old sound he had.

I actually prefer the sound they had on TDWOT more than anything they have done since. Not that the new albums have bad sound (far from it) but TDWOT was just perfect in my opinion.

Anyway, regarding the question of "What don't you like about SyX", I would have to say their live sound. I guess that means their sound man sucks, or at least he did when I saw them in Cleveland this past March. LePond and Rullo sounded like they weren't even in the mix through the PA. The drums sounded thin and the bass was clanky. Every lead was 3 seconds late being brought up in volume. The backing vocals we almost non-existent except for the ones they sample. It was just bad! Get a new soundman, PLEASE!!!

That's it. :)

I kinda like MJR's tone.

I'd like the neoclassical side of Symphony X to come back (The Odyssey was very groovey, which was cool but we need to get back to SX here).

Did someone say MORE key/guitar duels? They're in like every song!

It would also be amazing to see Romeo do an entire solo without shredding - not so much as a single sixteenth note. I think it would be great.

OfSinsAndShred said:
I kinda like MJR's tone.

I'd like the neoclassical side of Symphony X to come back (The Odyssey was very groovey, which was cool but we need to get back to SX here).

Did someone say MORE key/guitar duels? They're in like every song!

It would also be amazing to see Romeo do an entire solo without shredding - not so much as a single sixteenth note. I think it would be great.

Agreed with everything.

Though for neoclassical... I think they should look at different "classical" influences... rather than the Bach/baroque stuff. Maybe some classical like Bartok.