Not to be a dick but "Mornigrise" is sorta boring.

Imo I think nectar is ridiculously underrated, and personally is my favorite song off of morningrise.

I can't pick a favorite song off that album cause they all have their problems and their strengths, but nectar definitely has my favorite riffs of the entire album. The whole clean section in the second half through the half distorted riff that happens before the outro is amazing.

If any album needed a remastering, it would be Morningrise. That album sounds so muddy I can hardly bear to listen to it, though the songs seem very well structured and complex.

When I first got into Opeth, I really hated Morningrise...but that's because I was both a. introduced to Blackwater Park and Blackwater Park only and b. had horrific troubles getting passed the album's poor sound.

I suppose it grew on me kind of like death/screaming vocals grow on someone; there's a tolerance factor. The music is fabulous, and while I do not believe Mike's vocals are the best (I think I'm one of the few who prefer Orchid's vocals), there is a level of emotion in his voice found only again on Brave Murder Day.

I really suggest listening to it a few more times, especially the live version of The Night and the Silent Water from The Roundhouse Tapes (I agree with Mikael that the version on that album is far superior). There are some absolutely beautiful riffs, guitar and bass wise, the clean vocals are well placed (except the line "you are in a forest unknown" because, god damn, that part has always annoyed me) and the drums, while somewhat simple, compliment the music quite well.

Have no doubt in your mind, Morningrise is as much Opeth as Ghost Reveries...it's just under a different light.