November 12th in FL

FRUGiHOYi

"Since 1981"
Jul 11, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
According to the Opeth site, it is now happening in Tampa instead of Seminole. But Ticketmaster still says Seminole. And I ordered my tickets already. Anybody know what the deal is? I suppose I will receive my tickets for Tampa then, which is alright.

It's just a fucking mess, and it appears it will get messier. First off, the State Theater is not in Tampa, it's in downtown St. Pete. Second, The State Theater already has a gig scheduled for 11/12.

Maybe they'll end up in Tampa at the Masquerade. Maybe at Jannus Landing in St. Pete (run by the same folks as State Theater). Or maybe they'll end up at Boomerz as originally announced. I really don't care. Just don't cancel the fucking gig!

I just called Artist Arena, where I bought the tickets and they state they have no idea where the actual venue will be, but as soon as they do they will email everyone who already ordered their tickets for the seminole location. They also state that as long as the show is in the same "market" (tampa area) the venue would honor the confirmation letter we received.

I was wondering about the same thing. It seems that different sites say different things. Blabbermouth posted the updated list with Orlando lol (I wish). But yeah im actually going to by my ticket today so I hope they figure out what's going on. See you all there! :headbang:

I just got this email from Ticketbastard:

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. Opeth, scheduled at The Boiler Room on Saturday, November 12, 2005 at 7:00 PM has been cancelled.

Your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $3.75 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

Of course, the Opeth site still says "12th - Tampa, FL, The State Theater" which according to Scott B can't be right. Meanwhile, Ticketmaster.com simply cancelled anything on the 12th. Maybe the only FL date we're gonna get is Ft. Lauderdale the previous day.

The roadrunner website is only showing FT Lauderdale now :( I hope they figure it out soon so I can arrange tickets and work schedule and such.

They better play Tampa or at least Orlando. I am very concerned with how many times the venue has been changed. I really don't want them to play Jannus Landing, I saw the Mudvayne show there and I really really disliked the venue.

ps I am very new to the Tampa area so I don't know much about the other venues.

holy crap this is great. :yell: I cant believe they are gonna cancel tampa. what a load of crap. But considering how many times the situation has changed concerning the FL date information, we might get orlando back. That would be PERFECT:D *crosses fingers*

EveOfDarkness said:
holy crap this is great. :yell: I cant believe they are gonna cancel tampa. what a load of crap. But considering how many times the situation has changed concerning the FL date information, we might get orlando back. That would be PERFECT:D *crosses fingers*
yea it would, but i doubt it; maybe im just negative like that

So, from bad to worse, and Ticketfuckingwhorebastard is going to charge me $3.75 for not printing a ticket and not sending it to me. Sweet gig.

Anyway, a sent a very respectfully worded "WTF is going on" email to the booking agency. If they can't find a venue to put the show into, I know I can.

Scott B said:
So, from bad to worse, and Ticketfuckingwhorebastard is going to charge me $3.75 for not printing a ticket and not sending it to me. Sweet gig.

Anyway, a sent a very respectfully worded "WTF is going on" email to the booking agency. If they can't find a venue to put the show into, I know I can.
Let us know, please. Fuck Ticketmaster.

I just received this from Artist Arena:
That move has not been fully confirmed yet. Keep checking thee website. If the move does happen, you tickets will be Good for either Venue.
Have fun at the show!!

Do I have good news? Yes I do!. This comes directly from Tim Rorror, the booking agent for Opeth in North America:

"The show is definitely at the State Theatre in St Petersburg now"

There are still no updates in Ticketmaster or the venue website. Pollstar does show the date listed. Hopefully they'll get some kind of ticket info, and dare I say it, actual promotion going for the gig.