November 12th in FL

Do you guys think this show at the State Theater will sell out? My friend is going to be in FL and I told her I will buy her ticket if she comes with us to see Opeth, but since it's not for sure yet, I don't want to order a ticket now. I plan on just buying it there on the day of the show, but it would suck if it was sold out!

FRUGiHOYi said:
Do you guys think this show at the State Theater will sell out? My friend is going to be in FL and I told her I will buy her ticket if she comes with us to see Opeth, but since it's not for sure yet, I don't want to order a ticket now. I plan on just buying it there on the day of the show, but it would suck if it was sold out!
I would expect it to sell out. There is always a big walk up crowd at the State Theatre...people buying tix at the door. To be sure, I would get it in advance and if your friend doesn't come, you'll should be able to sell it at the venue. I would be very surprised if it doesn't sell out, imo.

The State Theater is an indoor venue. There is limited seating in the lower (main) floor, if you are into sitting down during concerts. There is also a large balcony area that they open for large shows.

As to whether or not the show will sell out (in advance), I doubt it. As was mentioned previously, the State does a huge walk up business. If you are planning on paying at the door, get there early. I've actually never seen anyone doing a headcount at the door, so I reckon they'll just keep letting folks in until no one can move.

If you get to the venue early you should be able to get tix at the door. I've heard the capacity for the State Theatre is 500, but I suspect that may be a bit high.

The State Theatre is an old, converted movie theater. There are seats up in the balcony, and sometimes on the side areas on the main floor, but for this show there may be no chairs.

Thought I'd bring this back up.

From what I've heard the State Theater is rather small (from other friends that went to concerts there). Am I considered a loser since I'm going by my self?

Hope to hear some good music (I've yet to see them live) and yes ticketdickwad sucks...the fees were worth almost as much as the ticket it self.

Also, can anyone confirm if the doors really don't open until 9?

Thanks.

bass_lover1 said:
Thought I'd bring this back up.

From what I've heard the State Theater is rather small (from other friends that went to concerts there). Am I considered a loser since I'm going by my self?

Hope to hear some good music (I've yet to see them live) and yes ticketdickwad sucks...the fees were worth almost as much as the ticket it self.

Also, can anyone confirm if the doors really don't open until 9?

Thanks.
You are not a loser for going by yourself. I've been to many shows alone, over the years, because no one else I knew wanted to go with me. The doors open at 9 because there is another show earlier that day. It will be a late night.

Yeah, you're not a loser. I've gone to countless shows by myself because most of my friends aren't into the music I am into or they don't like going to concerts as much as I do. Anyway, if you don't want to be by yourself the whole time you could meet up with my friend and I. If anyone here wants to meet up, we can all hang out at the show. Let me know.

So Matchbook Romance is playing their show before Opeth? I just assumed they moved that show to Orlando. Where are people getting the 9'oclock time from?

cr0wbar said:
Ah my tickets are will call, and were bought for the show when it was at Boomerz.

same here. Im so excited for this weekend. I was also suppose to go see Mute Math at the Social in Orlando the following day but thanx to relying on my brother, it sold out before he could get the tickets. Hopefully Opeth and friends will make up for it (which im sure that concert will). :cool:

FRUGiHOYi said:
Yeah, you're not a loser. I've gone to countless shows by myself because most of my friends aren't into the music I am into or they don't like going to concerts as much as I do. Anyway, if you don't want to be by yourself the whole time you could meet up with my friend and I. If anyone here wants to meet up, we can all hang out at the show. Let me know.

Yea man, I'm down for meeting up somewhere pick a time/place and I'll see you there.

EveOfDarkness said:
yeah same here, since it looks like none of my friends are gonna be able to come :erk:

My friends tend to favor the hip-hop genre (don't ask how that happend) and I somehow managed to get into metal...yet still manage to dress like a prep (even though I hate that term and don't think so...it just kinda leans that way) but I'll be sporting my In Flames/The Haunted/Opeth shirt...deppending on if JSR direct shipped the latter of the two out on time or not.

But, most of them say they can't afford it...

If you can't afford 30 bucks how the hell can you afford a tank of gas hmmm? Besides, which is more enjoyable ;).

bass_lover1 said:
My friends tend to favor the hip-hop genre (don't ask how that happend) and I somehow managed to get into metal...yet still manage to dress like a prep (even though I hate that term and don't think so...it just kinda leans that way) but I'll be sporting my In Flames/The Haunted/Opeth shirt...deppending on if JSR direct shipped the latter of the two out on time or not.

But, most of them say they can't afford it...

If you can't afford 30 bucks how the hell can you afford a tank of gas hmmm? Besides, which is more enjoyable ;).

yeah man EXACTLY! i hate it when my friends complain they cant afford a ticket to a concert that cost a bit under 30 bucks and then they have the money to do all this other stuff, including fill up their gas tank. Bull crap.

But thes other friends (who are into Opeth) apparently have to work on saturday night but are planning to concoct some sort of scheme to get out of it so i hope that works.

But more importantly, IS THE SHOW AT THE STATE THEATER ALL AGES? i cant find any information on it. As long as its not 21 and up I am fine but its my friends who are younger than 18 that im worreid about. Man i hope its all ages. Please guys respond as soon as possible. The show is coming up!:headbang: