November 12th in FL

It should be all ages, as I don't think it's a bar just a regular venue.

If it was something like The Masquerade since it's a club then they might tag you if you're under 21.

I think you'll be fine though.

The show should be all ages. Every show I've been to there has been. They have a full bar in the lobby and will give you a wristband if you are of age and drinking.

I am going to be there with my wife, I am tall and bald and she is shorter with kinda punky red hair. If you wanna say hey my name is Cory.

I find it funny that most of us know what shirt we are going to be wearing and it's a day away...you would think we were getting ready for Prom or something...

BTW, I could be wearing one of three shirts...my In Flames match stick, The Haunted blood spot, or Opeth with the band playing on the back.

My names Patrick btw, and Ed I might be giving you a call on saturday (it's a 727 #)

Hey guys - I used to live in Tampa and my band played at both the State and at Boomerz. Boomerz is more of a "club" and is newer and nicer but I can't remember the last time they had a metal show...I was surprised to see it booked there. The State is smaller but both actually sound pretty good - out front and on stage.

One problem is neither venue is in a "happening" part of town.....if you are looking for any nightlife after the show you will need to journey out to Ybor City which is in Tampa. For those interested in "adult" entertainment - the best strip club in all of the U.S. is Mons Venus.....acrosss from the football stadium. Trust me on this....worth whatever the cover is and always filled with the top talent.

OK, let me hit as many bases as I can here:

Going to shows alone: No big deal. I only go to shows alone because I've out lived everyone else! It doesn't matter once the lights go down and the sound comes up, and there's always someone to talk to (if u feel the need) in between sets.

State theater: Well, after seeing Kamelot at Boomerz last night, I can tell you that the State theater definitely has its shit together. The State is old, but the crew there gets the set changes done fast, incredibly fast. I believe that all their shows are all ages. I've been there twice in the last few weeks and there were some really small kids, like single-digit age, there, so don't sweat it.

As for the attire of the evening, I will be going with the classic black tee with a graphic of a hand throwing the horns o'metal on the front.

The start time is a bummer. Still recovering from Kamelot last night. No fucking air conditioning near the stage at Boomerz. Bloody miserable.

Metal tonight! :headbang:

I might be going to the Tampa show tonight. If I do I will be wearing my Burzum shit... or maybe my PT Deadwing shirt.

I will also probably be wearing my fedora. So if you see a bald looking kid in a hat it's probably me. Come up and say hi.

I will most likely be the only guy there with a Ghost Reveries T-shirt, andpittsburgh steelers hat. Thats how everyone singles me out, the hat man, the damn steelers hat. :)
Anyone that wants to say hello, please do. Especially hot metal chicks! :D

enjoy the show folks! :kickass:

WOOOOOO I'M GOING!!
I don't know what I'll be wearing yet..

but.

..I'll be the shortest one there.

Looking forward to this tonight...I've been rocking out to nothing but Opeth for the last week strait. As said earlier...I'll be the normal looking person wearing my In Flames matchstick tee.

hope to see some of you there. :headbang:

gz from the looks of things looks liek i wont be going unless i find a ride there in the next 2 hours. I had everything planned out and i was actually in tampa but had to come back home because plans fell apart. Man i hope a miracle happens, I REALLY want to see this.

DANGG.... it was good.

except I do believe Nevermore's set was shortened :[
or I was just mislead..