Now Playing Thread

saut said:
it's not as if agalloch are bringing absolutely nothing new to the table though. even if we transported them back in time i think they still have something that sets them apart. i think we can definitly agree that agalloch aren't really going to be an important metal band in the long run, but it's nice to see someone picking up the flag that ulver left behind with bergtatt and kveldssanger and move it forward a step or two. i guess what i'm saying is, maybe they aren't a milestone, but they're definitly a part of the path between milestones.

but so are a lot of bands. being a path between milestones isnt enough credibility for all the fuckin hype that agalloch receives. Opeth, Tool and whoever else might be overrated too...but THAT hype makes sense to me. its understandable. why agalloch gets all this praise for basically ripping off ulver and adding a few post rock flourishes is beyond me i guess.

Esoteric_E.jpg

NineFeetUnderground said:
but so are a lot of bands. being a path between milestones isnt enough credibility for all the fuckin hype that agalloch receives. Opeth, Tool and whoever else might be overrated too...but THAT hype makes sense to me. its understandable. why agalloch gets all this praise for basically ripping off ulver and adding a few post rock flourishes is beyond me i guess.

i agree that they dont deserve to by hyped up as much as they are, but i dont think they're really "ripping off ulver" anymore. they seem to have moved into some kind of territory between ripping off ulver and ripping off katatonia. i guess this has kinda run its course, talking about agalloch is kinda boring right now

Towedwart said:
Lol @ rare, obscure band being named esoteric.

Not so funny if they aren't that rare and I just haven't heard of them. But, for now, it's funny.

youre just a superstar lately.

A. not that rare
B. not that obscure
C. extremely essential
D. not funny...even now.

NineFeetUnderground said:
youre just a superstar lately.

A. not that rare
B. not that obscure
C. extremely essential
D. not funny...even now.
Oh crap, haven't heard of an "essential" band. Guess I'm a music newb. Any other essentials I should check out before I make a fool of myself again?