Now Playing Thread

NineFeetUnderground said:
Robbie Williams has a lot of talent as well. dont be retarded.

as i performer, yes i agree. As a singer...ever seen him sing "angels" live? notice that he always gets the audience to sing the hard bit in the chorus...that's cos he simply can't replicate it on stage.

Come on...both him and Dildo are NOTHING SPECIAL. There is so much better music to listen to than these run-of-the-mill brit artists. Its just unambitious mainstream pop, ferchrissakes.

I would have thought you would be able to generate more than a token "don't be retarded", at least i explain myself. :p

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
as i performer, yes i agree. As a singer...ever seen him sing "angels" live? notice that he always gets the audience to sing the hard bit in the chorus...that's cos he simply can't replicate it on stage.

Come on...both him and Dildo are NOTHING SPECIAL. There is so much better music to listen to than these run-of-the-mill brit artists. Its just unambitious mainstream pop, ferchrissakes.

I would have thought you would be able to generate more than a token "don't be retarded", at least i explain myself. :p

i did explain myself. i said theyre both talented. thats my entire explanation. i wasnt saying theyre the best at anything. i wasnt even saying i prefer them to anything else. i just wasnt going to stand for your nonsensical, overly analytical stance on both artists due to their mainstream appeal. Robbie has reinvented himself numerous times, has written many decent songs, and IS an excellent performer. Not to mention just a neat personality in general...i cant really fault the guy for anything. As for Dido...i like a few of her songs, but i dont even own an album, so how much can i really defend her? The point is, i give credit where its due.

Robbie has reinvented himself numerous times, has written many decent songs, and IS an excellent performer.

1. He has one of the best publicists in the uk, whom he pays a shit load of cash to...that's reinventing HIMSELF??? The publicists are the think tank behind this guys image.

2. I think you'll find he writes very few of his songs, let alone the music to them.

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
1. He has one of the best publicists in the uk, whom he pays a shit load of cash to...that's reinventing HIMSELF??? The publicists are the think tank behind this guys image.

2. I think you'll find he writes very few of his songs, let alone the music to them.

i dont care if he writes everything, nor did i claim he did. i listen to a lot of artists who merely performed songs that were written for them. dont be so naive...that attribute is a lot more common than you think.

and every major artist has a publicist you nunce. thats nothing uncommon either. you going to tell me that Bowie and Prince and Elton arent good either, just because their publicists are amazing as well? please

i dont care if he writes everything, nor did i claim he did. i listen to a lot of artists who merely performed songs that were written for them. dont be so naive...that attribute is a lot more common than you think.

and every major artist has a publicist you nunce. thats nothing uncommon either. you going to tell me that Bowie and Prince and Elton arent good either, just because their publicists are amazing as well? please

I know what you're saying, really. But you haven't been lamblasted with the constant media hype in the states surrounding the said williams for the past decade. Bowie, Prince and Elton's pubs have never manipulated the media quite like the scale that williams' people have done over here, they never needed to either - their inate music and style did it for themselves. I would argue that the three you mentioned, totally made themselves...williams relies on so much to get him the rewards he doesn't deserve. If he wasn't so good looking to the laaaydees, he wouldn't do half as well in sales. That much is certain.

well you bring up a strong point...im not in the UK, so i have no real relation to the media "hype" or forcefeeding if you will of Williams and anything hes done. Ive been a fan of his for a long time, but mind you a casual one, and definitely by my own accord and persistence whenever an album is released, etc. so what youre saying may or may not be true. however i try to stick to purely musical debates when it comes to an artists integrity if im not fully aware of all the facts.

stoned1.jpg