Now Playing Thread

Just finished listening to Ayreon's The Human Equation. It is easily in my top 3 favorite concept albums. Everything about it from the story and it's "cast" to the music is perfect.

I haven't heard that! Gonna have to grab that asap, especially as your plugging it so much, you have sublime musical taste.

Edit: NP: Klimt 1918 - Just In Case We'll Never Meet Again
Cheers man. Pretty obsessed with Earthless atm. I picked up Sonic Prayer a little after it came out on a chance and loved it. But the newest Rhythms from a cosmic sky is incredible. I honestly cannot fault it. A big step up from the first. I pretty much have to regularly spin it at least once a week. CAN'T wait for a new released as if it's another step up i'll be pretty worried whether or not my head will stay intact after listening.
PF- Piper at the Gates of Dawn, then Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever ago.

^If I was to have a written signature I think it would be the answer to that question as it gets discussed HEAPS. But dso talk is always good. Basically get everything Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice onwards so, that, Kenose EP, and Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum. I listened to them chronologically because that was the only way possible as I got into them a little after SMRC came out. So I usually tell people to do that. It gradually prepares you for whats to come. And if you don't like it straight away, persist because when/if it clicks it will hit you like a freight train of win. On and get the Crushing the Holy Trinity Split and From the Entrails to the Dirt Split as well as they have 2 Dso post SMRC songs "Mass Grave Aesthetics" and "Diabolus Absconditus" which are both incredible songs.
Jethro Tull- Benefit, then Bar Kokhba- Lucifer: Book of Angels Volume 10.

i dont see whats so special about deathspell omega, all the songs on last.fm sound like typical black metal nonsense

i dont see whats so special about deathspell omega, all the songs on last.fm sound like typical black metal nonsense

hmmm, try listening to the songs all the way through uninterrupted. i was turned off by them when i previewed the albums on amazon, but once i played the albums in their entirety i am glad i didn't give up on them. like in_my_time_of_disease (official spokesperson for the band, possibly a member of the band now that i think about it) says, this band "clicks" once you get it. if it never happens, bummer.

^If I was to have a written signature I think it would be the answer to that question as it gets discussed HEAPS. But dso talk is always good. Basically get everything Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice onwards so, that, Kenose EP, and Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum. I listened to them chronologically because that was the only way possible as I got into them a little after SMRC came out. So I usually tell people to do that. It gradually prepares you for whats to come. And if you don't like it straight away, persist because when/if it clicks it will hit you like a freight train of win. On and get the Crushing the Holy Trinity Split and From the Entrails to the Dirt Split as well as they have 2 Dso post SMRC songs "Mass Grave Aesthetics" and "Diabolus Absconditus" which are both incredible songs.
Jethro Tull- Benefit, then Bar Kokhba- Lucifer: Book of Angels Volume 10.

So if I were to get one album by them I should get Circumspice to start with? I don't have much money...