Now Playing Thread

Klimt 1918 - Just In Case We'll Never Meet Again

Current Track: Ghost Of A Tape Listener

First time checking this out (thanks to.... I dunno, all you guys mentioning this band). Sounds quite good, but the singers accent bothers me a bit.

Cheers man. Pretty obsessed with Earthless atm. I picked up Sonic Prayer a little after it came out on a chance and loved it. But the newest Rhythms from a cosmic sky is incredible. I honestly cannot fault it. A big step up from the first. I pretty much have to regularly spin it at least once a week. CAN'T wait for a new released as if it's another step up i'll be pretty worried whether or not my head will stay intact after listening.

No problem, didn't mean to arse kiss lol. I've only spun it once, but I was really impressed. Can tell I'm going to spin it heaps, it seems like a grower.

NP - Deathspell Omega - Kenose, then Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters

617141_20060809040953.jpg

tortoise - everglade, from the album TNT

anyone else like this band? i think they are awesome. theres absolutely no wankery or unnecessary playing at all, everyone doing their bit and adding to the song. a refreshing change. also, i heard vibes playing! vibes are awesome, but theres also a keyboard playing too. they are a rock band (i think) but they have alot of electronic sounding parts, interesting. their music kinda sounds sad and longing, hard to describe i suggest buying it asap

Klimt 1918 - Just In Case We'll Never Meet Again

Current Track: Ghost Of A Tape Listener

First time checking this out (thanks to.... I dunno, all you guys mentioning this band). Sounds quite good, but the singers accent bothers me a bit.
At first it bothered me a little but the songwriting is so consistently good it didn't phase me after a while. A top 10 album of 08 iyam. And that person is most likely me.

No problem, didn't mean to arse kiss lol. I've only spun it once, but I was really impressed. Can tell I'm going to spin it heaps, it seems like a grower.
Earthless are incredible. I honestly think over time Rhythms will be a top 50 album hands down for me.

tortoise - everglade, from the album TNT

anyone else like this band? i think they are awesome. theres absolutely no wankery or unnecessary playing at all, everyone doing their bit and adding to the song. a refreshing change. also, i heard vibes playing! vibes are awesome, but theres also a keyboard playing too. they are a rock band (i think) but they have alot of electronic sounding parts, interesting. their music kinda sounds sad and longing, hard to describe i suggest buying it asap
Tortoise are quite a good band, was actually spinning their s/t earlier. Their first 3 are essential. Their 2nd album "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" is their best iyam. It's post/instrumental rock.

Esoteric- The Maniacal Veil, then Miles Davis- Bitches Brew.